Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FreeBSD

• Linspire

• Other

• Total voters

Haha. The single most talked about "alternative OS" is Ubuntu, and it didn't make the poll! Haha.

For me, I'd rather keep my Pandora stock. Unless there is something painfully wrong with the default distro that the maintainers refuse to fix for some bizare reason, I'm confident that the distro that's being custom tailored for the Pandora will be the best for the Pandora.

PoisonedV said:
- Wheres debian, or ubuntu? Especially with all the interest expressed in it
That's what I asked myself...Both will now have ARM ports, as well, so in theory should be the easiest to make function...

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Debian... I use Angstrom on my file and print server, but when I need to add an app, compiling on my PC, transferring to server, and then finally installing takes quite a lot of time.

And it would take less time to compile from source on a debian build box?

All this means is that we'd need Angstrom feeds available.

Klaus said:
Maybe Arch would be a better option than Gentoo. At least to me ABS' PKGBUILDs look a lot more simply than ebuilds and would therefor make it easier for users to handle their own packages with the packet-manager.
Nevertheless more power to anyone porting anything to the Pandora!
Arch would be good, but there's no ARM version.

I will run what ever is optimized the best and is the least likely to waste resources like system RAM.

Hessiess said:
Klaus said:
Maybe Arch would be a better option than Gentoo. At least to me ABS' PKGBUILDs look a lot more simply than ebuilds and would therefor make it easier for users to handle their own packages with the packet-manager.
Nevertheless more power to anyone porting anything to the Pandora!
Arch would be good, but there's no ARM version.

I did not put much thought into this, sorry, and I didn't realize that there already is an ARM-port of Gentoo.

Back