Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

Unlock code works now in this new version.  Thanks!

Love all the extra goodies the unlocked version offers.  :)

Recommend unlocked version to all DosBox fanatics :)

Works great, but I have a few improvements:

- replace "file_id.diz" for the option to open a PDF-File, old games often have copyprotection, so you have to enter color-specific codes or something else (remember monkey island)

- the preview-pic is great, but i would like to use the front-cover instead???

- how can i see the front/back-cover??

Works great, but I have a few improvements:

- replace "file_id.diz" for the option to open a PDF-File, old games often have copyprotection, so you have to enter color-specific codes or something else (remember monkey island)
For now you can put 2 screenshots from PDF [with codes] as a front/back JPG 

uff, my original cd rom ripped to iso works flawless and without problems [of course without files=20].

btw. Maybe try to add line in 01.bat SET FILES=20 /im not sure will it work in dosbox/ 

uff, my original cd rom ripped to iso works flawless and without problems [of course without files=20].

btw. Maybe try to add line in 01.bat SET FILES=20 /im not sure will it work in dosbox/ 
I'll start with... this is the GOG version.  So I can only imagine what modifications they made to get it to work for windows XP/7/8.  That said, the exact same program works under Dosbox with DboxFE. 

Regardless, it's asking for the change to be in config.sys... and having done a bit more research it seems like this might be a compile time option for Dosbox... I'll poke at this a bit more.  I had just been curious to see how much better this worked under your version since so many other games are *much* better in Experimental Mode.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll probably look into this a bit more before giving up for the time being... and if I find a .conf/.bat solution I'll post it here.

I'll start with... this is the GOG version.  So I can only imagine what modifications they made to get it to work for windows XP/7/8.  That said, the exact same program works under Dosbox with DboxFE. 

Regardless, it's asking for the change to be in config.sys... and having done a bit more research it seems like this might be a compile time option for Dosbox... I'll poke at this a bit more.  I had just been curious to see how much better this worked under your version since so many other games are *much* better in Experimental Mode.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll probably look into this a bit more before giving up for the time being... and if I find a .conf/.bat solution I'll post it here.
no, no FILES=15 is a internal MSDOS command [and it should work since SET BLASTER and SET TEMP works :D ], not a function of DOSBOX itself like "set cycles=1000". 

no, no FILES=15 is a internal MSDOS command [and it should work since SET BLASTER and SET TEMP works :D ], not a function of DOSBOX itself like "set cycles=1000". 
Weird... well it doesn't work... it might be a property of the modifications that good old games made to the executable.  I'll give it another hour or so before I give up on their binary :)

Weird... well it doesn't work... it might be a property of the modifications that good old games made to the executable.  I'll give it another hour or so before I give up on their binary :)
Try to DL iso from somewhere. If you have GOG version and You paid for it, it shouldnt be issue with copyright.. 

New feats:

- Automounting HDD as a CD if directory 'virtual' found in game dir [with content]. Handy for CD-Rips, like heaven's dawn CD or HOMM 1 CD

- Automounting floppy images/PC-Booters [floppy.img] if found in game directory. [now i can play in congo-bongo, river raid and ghostbusters, yay :D ]

- Automounting HDD images [c.img] if found in game dir [suitable for running Windows 95 on DosBox EX]

- Added ESC key to close FAQ/Manual window.

- Added L+R Trigger + V to record Gameplay video [only in DosBox Experimantal MODE]

- Added L+R Trigger + D/F to dec/inc frameskip

- Updated some apps in E: drive [eg. fakeshare needed to use with Windows 3.11 and Excel 5 / Word 6]

- DosNavigator pre-configured to use/process the archives like: ZIP/ARJ/RAR/LHA..

13c197c6200c1543bb6cd5e55c66f3e3.png

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

EDIT:

App uploaded

Last edited by a moderator:
Back