Ds Emulator Interface

How about rendering the screens as faces on a spinning cube? Then you can display three emulated DSes at once!

This would be especially good on the iPhone where you could shake it to spin the cube.

Exophase said:
How about rendering the screens as faces on a spinning cube? Then you can display three emulated DSes at once!

This would be especially good on the iPhone where you could shake it to spin the cube.
What about a navigable room where the floor, ceiling, and walls are DS screens? You could use the analog sticks to move, finally they'd be good for something

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
What about a navigable room where the floor, ceiling, and walls are DS screens? You could use the analog sticks to move, finally they'd be good for something

Real nice think tank we've got going here, gentlemen. The future is now, and it is ours!

We could all think about what would look the best , but we have to think of functionality. Some games require both screen in the same size and above each other (games like Yoshi Touch and Go(What an fukkin bad launch game that was, it just sucked balls)and some others)

Reknel said:
Exophase you are the most fucked up dude I've ever encountered.

GTFO

Dont say that to Exophase.

I think the screens should both be rendered full screen so that the visible image alternates between them. Even frames = top screen, odd frames = bottom screen. This way the user actually can see both screens full screen, and change the visible screen by adjusting the refresh rate and phase of his eyes! This is truly revolutionary.

Mithril: you didn't notice that this thread was full of sarcasm and irony? real facts and problems and you just come along and try to break this highly technical discussion by commenting on another persons serious complaint about exo?

I think we should rephrase the question to get back to the serious things in life:
I mean, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Because this might change the whole DS situation completly...

Can't we use the tv out. Strap a 19inch tv to your back, whip it off when you want some DS fun. Car battery to run it.
Don't know why you lot keep coming up with these fancy rendering options.

Hum, you should all thank me, I found THE solution for DS emulation...
no more problem... I'm hoping for a DS emulator till end of week...

just use a http://www.myvu.com/c_ev_blackA.html and use the left eye for the top screen, and the right one for the bottom screen...

sometimes my imagination really frighten me...

Then just Stick à stylus into your eyeball and you are good to go!

rabidpoobear said:
That this thread was started in the Developer's Corner amuses me.

hey, the original poster add a good idea to solve the only problem preventing a DS emulator... guess developper's corner was the right place...

:lol:

If anyone has a running DS emulator on a Pandora which they are having trouble operating due to screen layout, could they please send me the .pnd file for the emulator - I appreciate solving the screen problem is a very difficult issue, and not likely to be solved by us mere mortals for a very long time, but if I could at least have the emulator I think that'd do for now.

I am assuming there is a DS emu? If not worrying about the screen positions again seems very stupid!

Steve

So... nice! The original idea was about how to fit the DS screens in the pandora display in a "playable" manner. Responses have been only a lot of stupid comments trying to be funny eventhough they are not. Besides, since someone has on mind a Dreamcast emulator and a PSP one for the pandora (Check the Pandora Wiki, it's fucking true) why couldn't there be a DS emulator too? Everyone knows Dreamcast and the PSP are far more powerful and have better graphics. The 7x rule of Mhz needed for emulation doesn't always apply, you Exophase should know especially. In a post not so long ago applying that rule you said that the pandora would need about 4000 Mhz or something. Yeah... like many computers have that much frequency.

A little explanation of why it is IMPOSSIBLE according to you might have been good instead of pointing at newcomers calling them noobs and making fun of them. Who knows, maybe in three or four years a new pandora board will be made and DS emulation will not only be possible but it will even run twice the fullspeed.

But you know what? That's a nice way of attracting people to your open source community. Next time EvilDragon says at Cebit or someplace else how "wonderful" your community is I'll ask him: What about the lame elitist bunch of jerks that instead of welcoming they laugh at you and call you noob just for posting a simple idea? Is that wonderful too?

It's not that I was asking for a Dragon Age port, was I?And if I had, so what? A little nice advice and three fucking lines saying "Not possible because..." would have been fine. But you know, keep doing that to newcomers, I'm sure the community will grow SOOOO MUCH. I should have expected it anyways, anything that has a "Tux" or "GNU" or "K" or whatever other bullshit is doomed to have a shitty community of elitist fuckers that think they are better just because they use Linux distro Nº156164687. And I bet that from the 20000 or something users in these forums not even a third of you know jack about programming or computers, you will be all licking the butts of the few ones that do. You are just like all the other freetard communities out there, always spitting on others. It's a shame, because some people in these forums are actually nice people. They'd be better of in another kind of community. I was thinking of getting a pandora but I might as well get an iPhone and an iControlPad.

Farewell, LUSERS =)

PS: I have a low-end computer and DS emulation doesn't take too much CPU power. In fact it rarely rises above 20% CPU usage, it's always around 15%. And the pandora has more than enough memory to spare for it.

sorry, but posting in the developer section something that have:
- nothing related to devlopper
- already been raised every week for at least 1 year
and all that without having obvously used the "search" button WILL cause trolls and flames

1. The search option sucks balls, I've never been able fo ind anything with it in like more than half a year I've been watching the forums.
2. The developer forum description says "ideas", since Beta Testing, News and General talk don't seem to fit the purpose I fucking posted here.
3. Weekly for a year? Are you sure? Because I don't see them very often (I was looking at the forums LOOONG before I registered).
4. Trolls and flames, yeah dude, that's awesome. I've been in a wide number of forums before and never had this kind of problems if the post isn't in right place it gets moved and you don't get laughed at. But this is one of the Linsux communities, what could I ever expect from you.

PS: I repeat, stop telling newcomers to use the search option because it SUCKS BALLS and DOESN'T FIND A SHIT.

Reknel said:
1. The search option sucks balls, I've never been able fo ind anything with it in like more than half a year I've been watching the forums.
2. The developer forum description says "ideas", since Beta Testing, News and General talk don't seem to fit the purpose I fucking posted here.
3. Weekly for a year? Are you sure? Because I don't see them very often (I was looking at the forums LOOONG before I registered).
4. Trolls and flames, yeah dude, that's awesome. I've been in a wide number of forums before and never had this kind of problems if the post isn't in right place it gets moved and you don't get laughed at. But this is one of the Linsux communities, what could I ever expect from you.

PS: I repeat, stop telling newcomers to use the search option because it SUCKS BALLS and DOESN'T FIND A SHIT.

Ralph_pls_go_by_Zapkiller.jpg

Attachments

• Ralph_pls_go_by_Zapkiller.jpg
    Ralph_pls_go_by_Zapkiller.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 108
Back