Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

FF7 doesn't load. It imediately sais: load failed.
Any idea what could be wrong? I put the spcblabla file in the same dir as the emulator. the ff7.bin (uncompressed) is one directory lower in /mnt/sd/emulators. The ff7.bin is working in the first beta. Hmm I could ofcourse try beta2 (without the last fix). I will do that now...

amazing stuff, zodttd!!!!

TechnoMage works now and it looks nice!!!!! :D

some problems with controls.

vsync 20-30
Framerate ca. 3

OC@ 270MHz

for me FF7 is only working with beta 2b, not with 2c. On 2c is says loading failes, and then returns to menu.
The performace is obviously improved!! very good!!!

diffa posted on Aug 26 2006 at 11:32 PM said:
FF8 works!
Legend of mana works! speed is really nice :)
FF8 Pal? I can't get it to work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
gp2x seems more stable than giz atm

vagrant story runs well, faster than giz (maybe 2-3 fps faster)

CSOTN I can't get past KONAMI screen, must be my rom grrrr as wipeout2000 gets it playing :(

fft works - faster than giz

RE2 (dual shock) stops on explicit scenes warning screen

all uncompressed .img or .bin

more compatibility, no more input bugs?? yeepee!!! i'll post my results soon ;)
good work, as usual!

first impression, after a few games tested : some games are crashing at random :s (Oddworld 1 and Soul Reaver for example)

They seem to run well, at least not worse than previous versions, then return to gp2xmenu

*edit* For the few games I tried, compatibility seems better than beta 2 (FF9 and Wipeout 3 works) but many games suffer from random return-to-menu :(
Video plays smoother

More info as soon as i'm finished testing all my games!

these are my first tests

266mhz, Interlace 0, bin/cue

some of my crashes seems to be due to overclocking

Oddworld 1
Seems a bit faster, ever the same graphical problems,
return to menu on a random screne change

Final Fantasy 7
takes a while after disclaimer screen, some texte in menues seems downscaled
runs pretty faster

Soul Reaver
Runs nice, seems a bit slower, then return to menu :s

Vagrant Story
runs fine, looks pretty smoother

Wipeout3
not very readable (scaled?) but runs fine, then return to menu

Resident Evil
Runs fine, as usual. Seems faster than beta2, returned to menu

Final Fantasy 9
Quite impressed : runs better than FF7, 3D combat are really good speed! no 'scaling' effects in menus!
crashed in the first boss combat, returned to menu :(

Syphon Filter 2
black screen, but no crash

Crash Bandicoot 3
Often hangs for a minute
many graphics missing
returns to menu

Gran Turismo
crashed during trademarks/copyright screen

And still more games to try ;)

For everyone that is having problems with FF7, is it a PAL version? Also is it a compressed image? I have FF7 working with version 2b and 2c. I tested it without overclocking and with OC to 266, and it ran fine. I'm using regular uncompressed .bin images (NTSC) made from my cd's. I hope this helps. Also every game I made and loaded (twelve in all) booted and played great, but slow. Compatability seems really good with uncompressed .bin images. I'll make a compatability post when I test a couple more games.

Reibol, the reason for your games crashing might be you overclocking too much. I played Resident Evil for at least 20 minutes with the beta c before I quit. However when I overclock too much it usually just freezes rather than going back to the menu, so you might have a different problem. This brings me to my next question. Why no option to overclock to 260mhz? 266 is too much for my GP2x, but 260 runs fine. Is 266 some kind of magic number? Every other option is incremented in 10's and it just seems weird to go from 250 to 266.

Oh, and my Resident Evil rom is in .img format and it's the Director's Cut version.

Wow! This is so crazy!

I just did THE COOLEST PIECE OF CODE I ever written!
I just did a new build I'm testing of the dynarec, that is now completely "threaded", meaning it NEVER leaves the function, instead, jumping around within it. The cool thing is, this function is RECOMPILED! That means I have the code regenerating itself in its buffer and jumping within it, calling the recompile function when not cached filling in it's own buffer! It's giving slight speedup's already after 30 minutes of work!

Imagine it like this, you have a buffer containing a magical ABCD:
A - B - C - D
A is the recompiled "function" that handles the calling of the recompile function.
B is the first recompiled function spot.
C is empty.
D is empty.
The recompile function is called, and B is filled in. At the end of B the recompiled instructions check if it's next instruction after the branch is cached or not, if it is branch to it, if not, call A.
B is executed, this is the only time this buffer will be executed from "C".
B runs, and finds that nothings cached, so it calls A.
A recompiles and fills in C. C is then branched to.
The next branch is cached, so it jumps to it at B.
B then branches and needs recompiles so it calls A.
A then fills in D and jumps to it.
D runs and is out of memory so unfortunately B, C, and, D will be no longer cached, and can be filled in and the above is repeated infinitely.

So I made myself happy with this project, I wrote code that I never thought was even possible, a threaded dynarec. :p

More news shortly.

Oh man this is great news Zodttd, now there is even more hope for psx4gp2x.

Great Zodttd, is good to see you happy and having fun with your work on dynarec ^_^ If you are happy we all we´ll be happy too :D
Thank you for all this incredible work ;)

Back