Psx4gp2x Build 080207 Released - Frameskip & New Dynarec

mfk said:
I tested Virtual Rally 2 with interlace 0, OC 250 Mhz, Sound OFF. It runs 6-7 fps. It was a little bit faster on 071307 version.

I also tested some crack intros. They used to run very good on version 071307 much more faster than current version. I still have doubt about frameskipping option. It doesn't make the things faster with frameskipping. I suspect it just draws the frame and waits while skipping frames and then draws the new frame. I mean there are pauses between drawn frames.

Did anyone else noticed that?
So you tested v-rally 2 on that version, and you can select track to start the race, then race with your car ?
I'll try on that version to see if the compatibility is broken on recent versions, and to really watch if the speed is really decreased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devil Dice @250 SOUND OFF
Freezes on Sony Computer Entertainment advert
Next one...

Finally found my brokernm sword 1 and 2 ! just trrying 1 and its very good ! put frameskip off and it looks very very good :D:D:D

EDIT: Dam now i felel liek playing through the whole game !!!

Omega Boost @250 SOUND OFF
Runs great with 080407, varying 6-11fps ingame, tested with july releases and the game shows only a black screen. Great improvement, Omega Boost is a gem of shtmup !!!
Nice to read Broken Sword runs flawlessly !!!

Coolboarder 3 @ 250 SOUND OFF
Runs good on most last psx4all versions at an average 10fps in race.
Loading screens doesn't appear correctly in 080407 but is showed nice in 071307

Alundra @250 SOUND OFF
Runs @22-25 fps FS 1/2 Interlace 0
As Coolboarders 3, Alundra's loading screens seems to not be displayed in 080407, but shows nice in july versions.

UMXPRime said:
Alundra @250 SOUND OFF
As Coolboarders 3, Alundra's loading screens seems to not be displayed in 080407, but shows nice in july versions.
This is explained on Una-i's blog. Basically the frameskip skips frames that are rendered, and as loading screens are only rendered once, FS can sometimes skip them. If it bothers you then try turning FS off.

Harvest Moon @ 250
Sound On
FS 0/1 Interlace 0
Says it Loads but stays in a black screen

Chrono Trigger @ 250
Sound On
FS 0/1 Interlace 0
Plays at about 5-7 FPS

Ridge Racer @ 250
Sound On
FS 0/1 Interlace 0
Plays at 1-2 FPS not playable

Hot Shots Golf @ 250
Sound On
FS 0/1 Interlace 0
Plays at 8-11 FPS

Hot Shots Golf 2 @ 250
Sound On
FS 0/1 Interlace 0
Plays at 7-11 FPS

clone said:
UMXPRime said:
Alundra @250 SOUND OFF
This is explained on Una-i's blog. Basically the frameskip skips frames that are rendered, and as loading screens are only rendered once, FS can sometimes skip them. If it bothers you then try turning FS off.

Okay, thx for the info !

oh i did try it and thougth it was running well but then i noticed it was skipping some of the speaking but maybe tomorrow i will try and mess around with the clok and cycle to try to stop it skipping bits of speach. it looks great tho and sounds great when there is talking .

jumping flash @ 266. Interlace 0.FS 0/1
Sound off
psx cycle 3.00000 psx clock 150
Run faster than without the cycle and clock tweaks, even if the onscreen fps still 3-8 fps.

CABBAGES said:
oh i did try it and thougth it was running well but then i noticed it was skipping some of the speaking but maybe tomorrow i will try and mess around with the clok and cycle to try to stop it skipping bits of speach. it looks great tho and sounds great when there is talking .
This happens on one of the PC emulators (ePSXe) On the PC you need to change the plug ins before you get it working properly and I think it needs to be a Bin

foleyjo said:
CABBAGES said:
This happens on one of the PC emulators (ePSXe) On the PC you need to change the plug ins before you get it working properly and I think it needs to be a Bin

Seems psx4all shares ePSXe known bugs (as the control issue with Blood Omen Legacy Of Kain)

Intelligent Qube now runs, as far as I can tell, full speed without interlace at 266MHz/timings on. Might have turned PSX clock down to 75% or so, but still, full speed is full speed. Oh and no sound.

Tales of Destiny runs pretty nicely too - but only without frameskip. Else the emulator gets very very confused. Again, no sound, Cycle @ 3, clock at 80% --> ~45 vsynch and 65fps in other areas. Feels about 3/4 speed, so vsynch here is probably the one to liten to...

Tobriand said:
Tales of Destiny runs pretty nicely too - but only without frameskip. Else the emulator gets very very confused. Again, no sound, Cycle @ 3, clock at 80% --> ~45 vsynch and 65fps in other areas. Feels about 3/4 speed, so vsynch here is probably the one to liten to...
I am so impressed with this. I just ported pcsx to the nokia 770 (250mhz arm926ej-s CPU) and Suikoden fmv and in-game are giving me about 0.6-1.3 fps (w/o sound).

At least i got it running http://pupnik.de/pcsx.html. You guys have to seriously respect zodttd's (edit and Exophase's) work - getting 3-20x the speed of a stock pcsx + petes softgpu speed.

Right now i'm trying to fix the 'Seek past eof' bug that cdrmooby claimed to have fixed in 2003. If anyone has more links to public domain (i.e. small) PSX isos i'd appreciate it.

Back