Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

X-Code posted on Aug 27 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
That is normally due to excessive overclocking, try lower rates :)

No no, mine goes up to 272 stable, and I tried games a 250, 266 or 270mhz, and many of them simply return to GP2Xmenu after a while (usually a few minutes after starting a new game)

Since i'm the only one, i don't know either it's a bug, or a problem with my hard/software...

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Code posted on Aug 27 2006 at 03:21 PM said:
Sounds quite strange, do you use ripped games ( without video / images / or audio ) ? :)

I use bin/cue images through a Samba file sharing, and as my previous tests shows, I never had any problem of that kind with them (using Public Beta 2, Alpha 3b, Alpha3c, and the last beta with sound)...
I think I'll wait for the next release

X-Code posted on Aug 27 2006 at 03:52 PM said:
Just tested Soul Reaver, it isn't working anymore :)

Soul Reaver - Legacy Of Kain PAL ( BIN ) :
VSYNC : *
FPS : *
* Died upon load success, no stats visible
CMD Output : Killed

:blink:
Soul Reaver? you mean, the one with Raziel, full3D?? It works for me, except the return-to-menu thing!

Well, that is very weird :lol:, it worked for me in previous versions of the emu and doesn't work with this one :blink: , I'll try it again.

* Tried it again, same results, also tried NTSC... As this one has a loader by Paradox, I'm going to guess that it's what is causing the problem :).

resident evil survivor works.
vsync 30.* / fps 8-9.*

diablo works.
vsync 40.* / fps 3-6.*

Alundra 1 works.
vsync 65.* / fps 19- 22.*

Ready to rumble boxing works.
vsync 44.* / fps 5.*

ledro posted on Aug 27 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
Since the new dynarec code is comletely threaded, doesn't it also mean that you are able to distribute the threads over both ARM processors?
A threaded interpreter/recompiler is something complete diferent to an interpreter/recompiller running using multiple threads, a all the threaded thing meas is that every block/opcode jumps to the next one whitout allmos no overhead.

In the case of the recompiler code has ben generated for the jump from one recompiled block to the next and other intertnal task of the emulataor as dma/interupt checking...

Unai.

OC : 305 - INTERLACE : 0 - PROGRESSIVE : OFF

Ingame:

UC_PSX : No Changes
FPS: 9-11
VSincRate: 45-55

UC_PSX : 20868800
FPS: 7-9
VsincRate: 77-85

Battles:

UC_PSX : No Changes
FPS: 2-6
VSincRate: 30-50

Goity posted on Aug 27 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
UGH! Why can't I get FF8 working at all?

Some PAL versions of games had copy protection.. where the NTSC versions didn't. I think FF8 was one which needed a patch to play on ePSXe originally.

Wipeout 3 is one that uses the sub-channel data to copy protect the game.

I'm not saying that this is the reason it is not working, but it might possibly be...

Hmm I'm just about to test alpha c now... I'm not as useful as a tester due to my current limited inet access it seems :/ oh well.

X-Code posted on Aug 27 2006 at 03:59 PM said:
Well, that is very weird :lol:, it worked for me in previous versions of the emu and doesn't work with this one :blink: , I'll try it again.

* Tried it again, same results, also tried NTSC... As this one has a loader by Paradox, I'm going to guess that it's what is causing the problem :).

I have 2 games using a Paradox loader 'Wipeout3 and FF9) and they both runs fine

una-i posted on Aug 27 2006 at 05:12 PM said:
A threaded interpreter/recompiler is something complete diferent to an interpreter/recompiller running using multiple threads, a all the threaded thing meas is that every block/opcode jumps to the next one whitout allmos no overhead.

In the case of the recompiler code has ben generated for the jump from one recompiled block to the next and other intertnal task of the emulataor as dma/interupt checking...

Unai.

I think he means this:

A threaded interpreter/recompiler is something completly diffrent from a interpreter/recompiler using multiple threads. The 'threaded' only means that every block/opcode jumps to the next one with almost no overhead.

In the case of the recompiler, code has been generated for the jump from one recompiled block to the next, and also for other internal tasks of the emulator, like dma/interrupt checking.

--------------

No offence u-nai but it took me some time to figure out what you were saying exactly ;) And I figured other people who are interested might understand my 'translation' faster then your post ;)
keep up the good work and thanks for your answer!

Unai is awesome. We're working on improving the dynarec now that it's threaded. He has some great idea's for me to try out now.

Yes STT, that's what he meant. :)

Oh, and ABCD example, B C and D being 3 blocks...3 is an arbitrary number, it could be 5,000,000. The more the better in this case, as it would mean more room in the cache (a larger malloc'd memory space).

zodttd posted on Aug 27 2006 at 09:01 PM said:
Unai is awesome. We're working on improving the dynarec now that it's threaded. He has some great idea's for me to try out now.

Yes STT, that's what he meant. :)

Oh, and ABCD example, B C and D being 3 blocks...3 is an arbitrary number, it could be 5,000,000. The more the better in this case, as it would mean more room in the cache (a larger malloc'd memory space).
does this mean my resident evil 1 - directors cut will go quicker?

Back