Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

tart31 posted on Sep 17 2006 at 06:25 AM said:
well done zodttd :) ive been watching the progress of this emulator for months now it was my main reason for buying the gp2x but what is the best way to get games running i mean space wise because i have snes mega drive ect then no room for psx games i have a 2gb card is there a way to use another source via the usb? well done again zodttd and the rest of the team the way you carry on with this project is great!!!!
Well, I'm pretty sure you can use an external storage device with the BOB (Break-Out Box).

But why not just clear some space off your card? Or buy a new one? They're not terribly expensive these days. ;)

$34 for two 1 GB SD cards

Last edited by a moderator:
TyBO! posted on Sep 18 2006 at 07:26 AM said:
tart31 posted on Sep 17 2006 at 06:25 AM said:
well done zodttd :) ive been watching the progress of this emulator for months now it was my main reason for buying the gp2x but what is the best way to get games running i mean space wise because i have snes mega drive ect then no room for psx games i have a 2gb card is there a way to use another source via the usb? well done again zodttd and the rest of the team the way you carry on with this project is great!!!!
Well, I'm pretty sure you can use an external storage device with the BOB (Break-Out Box).

But why not just clear some space off your card? Or buy a new one? They're not terribly expensive these days. ;)

$34 for two 1 GB SD cards

Or set up a Samba file charing? there's a lot of WIKI around here

I run mine through a samba share (USB network), quite simple to set up as long as u read the tutorials and threads on here. NOTE smbmnt (mite not be correct) didn't work for me try smbmount or the non short hand command (i can't find what i use atm)

good luck

thanks for the help guys i have just got a 2.5 40g hdd off a site the makes the cable to hook it straight to the ext port at the bottom of the gp2x the case that holds the hd also has other card readers so that should do me for space :)

Cool tart31!

My GP2X First Edition broke WHILE developing psx4gp2x. Beat that! ;P
I got a little work done on the ARM dynarec today. Working on the dynarec caching system Unai mentioned.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not taking away time from this project by working on the 8086 static recompiler. I have time to fit both in. :)

I'll give an update on the caching system tommorow most likely. It probably won't speed things up, but should make gameplay smoother and not jitter occasionally when the cache was cleared.

As always thanks a lot for the updates, im sure it keeps people from getting depressed :p Oh yea and ive been checking out the c1000, its pretty damn cool and its actually just slightly smaller than the first nintendo ds. The newer one just has a built in HD but thats pretty useless since sd cards are getting pretty big and are faster. I just wish it had wireless :( You are right tho it looks like it would be really hard to play games on it...

any info about correcting the Oddworld's bugs?? :p since they run almost fullspeed, I could use PSX emulator for propaganda ;) even if ported games, snes, megadrive and neogeo is enough to impress my friends ;)

wipeout2000 posted on Sep 19 2006 at 03:04 AM said:
As always thanks a lot for the updates, I'm sure it keeps people from getting depressed :p

Yes; they are extremely appreciated, even for those like myself who don't own a gp2x- this is very interesting territory your treading! Best of luck to you and the team, and thanks again :)

Does anybody know if psx4all is still being worked on, or is this thread just going to fade away?
:unsure: :eek:

ive not been around for a while where is the latest downloadable version of psx4gp2x ? or have i missed a beta again ? :(. Oh and what is this v43 thing ? im always wasting my money on stuff so i might buy one of those to try psx4all on it :)

mtracy posted on Sep 24 2006 at 02:24 PM said:
Does anybody know if psx4all is still being worked on, or is this thread just going to fade away?
:unsure: :eek:

PSX4ALL is indeed dead. Nothing we can do about it :/

;)

:p
It's been 5 days already?!

Well I did the CodeCache idea Unai had for helping out the translation cache system for the ARM dynarec. I had it working to a certain extent, and then stopped once I got a bit fustrated with one part. Instead of doing some tail-end recursion for a function, I'm going to keep a temporary buffer, and copy it as needed. It will land up being faster than doing checks for fall-throughs due to recursive functions. That bit was mostly for Unai though. :p

After working on a MIPS Dynarec for the V43, I found out I need to invalidate it's ICache (instruction cache). Does the ARM920T need something like this as well? If so, oops! I'm learning a lot about this type of code, so I will be applying it to the ARM dynarec shortly.

psx4gp2x is still alive, it's just in need of some tweaking to get it up to speed.

I did get sound working again in the V43 port which uses the MIPS Dynarec, so if all goes well, sound will be in the next release of psx4gp2x.

So not a big update this time, but let's see if I can revive psx4gp2x to get that dynarec going nice and fast. :)

Back