Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

kardasan posted on Sep 26 2006 at 09:09 AM said:
wipeout2000 posted on Sep 26 2006 at 07:46 AM said:
Funny enough they have released a psp psx emulator but many ppl are disappointed at its performance but its still at an early stage. It runs probably just slightly slower than the gp2x version would w/o the dynarec.

rotfl. Another reason not to belive people from Sony xD

And about GTE, do you know some website, I can read about functions supported by GTE so I could know what needs to be redone? If we call one GTE math function a micro-function then is it a problem of converting micro-functions from floating point math to fixed point math? If so, I'll try to ask around my friends...they're...weird and know lot of things normal people don't xD

that pdf is a gem and has lots of info but the Gte is clouded in much mistery http://www.zophar.net/tech/files/psx.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
I have a little question.... even though past releases haven't had sound... has sound emulation been running?
It did have sound before if you look HERE and HERE

Cant actually remember what version it was tho.

CABBAGES posted on Sep 26 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
PokeParadox said:
I have a little question.... even though past releases haven't had sound... has sound emulation been running?

Doh, thanks. This is not what I'm asking though! I'm asking: even though the sound output is disabled, is there still sound emulation going on (in silence) in the background? (This might sound like a dumb question to some people, but meh I'm curious)

PokeParadox posted on Sep 26 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
CABBAGES posted on Sep 26 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
PokeParadox said:

Doh, thanks. This is not what I'm asking though! I'm asking: even though the sound output is disabled, is there still sound emulation going on (in silence) in the background? (This might sound like a dumb question to some people, but meh I'm curious)

Imo he said it was disabled which means it does not affect the performance of the emulation

Wolfsclaw posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
Imo he said it was disabled which means it does not affect the performance of the emulation

so unfortunately, enabling sound will affect performance, if that is what PokeParadox meant :ph34r:

That is why I am asking, what I'm asking. If sound is emulated now, but not output, then performance is already promising. If sound is yet to be emulated. There is a potential performance sapper (which wouldn't matter if you could disable sound, and we still have the second core?)
So I just want to know what's happening :)

hmm but in my demented mind i tought that the devs would try to get the gpu to the 940.
And if they succed sound would be the least problem i think.

But on another note vectar uses the 940 for sound,and the source is open for the free version so maybe they will pull it off.

PS this is only speculation so take it lightly

sorry to go off topic but it seems psp has a new psone emu thats good check dcemu
:angry:

There's a newer PSP PS1 emulator being announced at dcemu as well.

The big sound question: I have basic sound DMA read/writes enabled in the last few beta's without sound. But the actual decoding of XA sound streams is disabled in them.

The 20 FPS / 4 Unique: 20 FPS is labeled VSync in the build I'm working on. It's the number of times the VSync interrupt was called to see if an update was ready to be made. Unique is what is currently labeled as Framerate (though imho inaccurately), as it's the number of unique frames (from the previous frame) drawn to the screen within the VSync rate. So 20 FPS means there was 20 frames asked to be drawn to screen, and 4 of them were unique and therefor blitted. Since underclocking was more of a trick to get around the poor implementation of root counters; now that it's been redone, it's no longer producing strangely high VSync rate's at the default timings. And in Ridge Racer, it seems to be about 1/3 the speed due to the timer in the game, which would make sense.

Lot's more to work on...I'm hurrying. :)

RRRrrrrriiidddggeeeeee RRRRaaaacceeeerrrrr!!!! :eek:

:lol: I just couldnt help it....

Zod can you gimme an honest opinion? what game genre works best so far? 2D or 3D PSX games?

Cervante posted on Sep 27 2006 at 05:52 AM said:
Zod can you gimme an honest opinion? what game genre works best so far? 2D or 3D PSX games?

I think the answer is evident :)

THe only game I've seen very close to fullspeed is Oddworld, but it sufers from graphical bugs :(
FF7/9 are also great, I even think that FF9 runs better than FF7, especially in 3D combats

great thanks for the update zodttd i always look forward to your updates by the way i got my cable and 40gb hd and its greatt so for the next release i can try lots of my ps1 games on it :)

Back