Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Your news are, as usual, very promising! Ridge Racer 20FPS, you mean... real FPS?? or Vsync?? if this is the true FPS, then 20FPS seems just like quite playable speed!! this is an important step in PSX emu, getting a playable 3D game!! and one day, fullspeed... who knows :)

I have a suggestion : if you can make PSX4GP2X run command-line, this would allow to use it through Gmenu2X selector, which is a very nice feature, and that would give you less job on the GUI, since GMenu is simple, powerfull and nice-looking!

basics options like --sound, --frameskip... or --interlace are all that we need :)

But please, do not make this a priority, everyone is waiting for playable Ridge Racer :p

(In order of importance)
Save state- I think it really is necessary to make the games playable

Speed Improvements-Pretty darn important

Switching in game-It really doesnt matter as long as we can quit and restart easily. Thats what u basically have to do on real playstations right?

Z/ZNX support-Meh really doesnt matter to me.

zodttd posted on Sep 28 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
Some recent improvements to psx4gp2x include:
[...]
- Hyrdo Thunder / Ridge Racer get 20 FPS.
[...]
- Now uses the patched MMU module. This gives enough speed-up to eliminate the need for interlacing usually.

are you saying ridge racer runs at 20REAL fps, at 200mhz, without interlacing?? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, boys and girls.
This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats.
This is a song about a whale.
No!
This is a song about being happy!
That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

What is GTA, GTA2, C+C Red Alert, Resident Evil and Silent Hill running liek on this emu??

This Emu alone might push me into buying a GP2X if the PSP doesnt get a decent PSX Emu

Steve-O posted on Sep 28 2006 at 10:27 PM said:
What is GTA, GTA2, C+C Red Alert, Resident Evil and Silent Hill running liek on this emu??

This Emu alone might push me into buying a GP2X if the PSP doesnt get a decent PSX Emu

Not to offense Zodttd, as he have already done what many thought impossible, but I think Sony can afford to develop a better PSX emu for their PSP, than any of us on our GP2X...
They have a powerful, 3D-accelerated handeld, they know both PSP and PSX well, they run on the same processor, and they have $$$

Unfortunately for PSP owners, they will have to pay for play, as usual ;)

Vimacs posted on Sep 28 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Hello, boys and girls.
No!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

What the hell have you been smoking :p
Give me some please....

Vimacs posted on Sep 28 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Hello, boys and girls.
No!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

is that ren and stimpy?

ho :D great news Zodttd

i think some thing that can be cool to be added is 2 USB Joy support :D

LOL. :)

As for Ridge Racer's mysterious 20 FPS. Yes, it seems accurate to say 20 FPS, as it's running at 1/3rd full speed. I prefer Hydro Thunder though. :) ...Keep in mind I do all my tests at 266MHz. Interlacing doesnt affect performance much in Ridge Racer.

I also forgot to mention I was to use the ARM's VFPU to do the GTE ops. Might be able to squeeze that in today. :)

zodttd posted on Sep 28 2006 at 09:59 PM said:
Keep in mind I do all my tests at 266MHz.

argh!

but yay anyway! :p almost playable, a huge jump from now, especially without entrelacing (that i find really annoying in ridge racer, or any games where you have to turn, i think :eek: )

@Zodttd: Woah... the vfpu? That would be like a flot point unit dedicated for the GTE instructions right? Like you actually use the second cpu then??? That is amazing. If this is true and working, it could mean that we can actually use an fpu (though reduced in functionality) for other emulators, too...

The ARM920T has a Vector Floating Point Unit (VFPU) alongside the standard FPU instruction set. The GTE is a bunch of vector math ops, and with Tinnus' help the ARM's VFPU is almost done in the GTE.

It should reduce some GTE ops from 100+ cycles to 16 or so. :)

when you say that ridge racer is 20fps is that what it will be at the next release, or is that what it is now, and if it is what it is now, then are you expecting anymore speed increase before release or are you just polishing it up.

I really better double check that 20 FPS figure for Ridge Racer. I did the Ridge Racer test on all the gadgets that support psx4all, and I want to make sure I didn't confuse it for another system.

I'm still working on performance and getting psx4gp2x polished up.
For performance I want to get that GTE VFPU stuff done. And then see what I can do for the dynarec.
For polishing I want to see how feasible it is to get save states working again in time for the next release. I also want to make the interrupt timing based on Unai's idea of choosing a target FPS. Should be good. :)

More news to come soon.

great work zodttd it all sounds good you are brilliant .my first thing would be speed unless sound doesnt affect the speed of it all, then save states and whatever after that. when the next version is out paypal here i come i dont want to go on but you and the rest of the team deserve any donation you get again great work. :) :) :) :)

Back