Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Yeah it's a fun gadget. Just keep in mind the majority of V43 users speak Korean, so besides a handful of pmplab.org users and I, you're pretty much on your own for figuring stuff out. Unless you speak Korean. :p When I received the V43, they were thinking of expanding the market outside of Korea, but that fell through.
There's a few iStation models. You pretty much want a V43 and possibly a Joynux adapter (if you didn't get one, I'd definitely have to add USB joypad support!). Some V43's come with a DMB (Digital Media Band) adapter or GPS. The DMB is Digital TV in Korea. If you're not in Korea, it's an expensive brick. :)
So basically, X-Code, if you get one let me know so I can bug you with beta testing! ;P

This thing looks kinda DOPE!!

Joynux pics:

contenu.jpg

face2.jpg

branchement.jpg

:eek: :wub:

so has the emulator been updated with this improvement, or do i have to downlaod two things?

i know this is getting off subject but i would like to get one of those V43 i live in england so might be a problem but if i got one i would love to try out this emulator on this might look now see how much i would have to pay what else can this thing emulate :unsure:

Well I couldnt find it either, $500 for psx on the road is not worth it.

well i would like to give this a try i have a gp2x but if this can do nearly full speed i would buy one i think its good that it has its own hard drive for film and music too plus other emulators sounds good to me zodttd could you give me some more info if you have time thanks back on the net now to find out more :)

People, let us please not forget that this is a GP2X thread, that other machine is interesting, but for most of the world is pointless at that price :).

I only commented on it because I like to be stupid with the latest tech that appears ( excluding Sony stuff that I just don't buy anymore ).

Don't be impressed by what is said in favour of that machine unless you have a bucketload of money to spend ( I only have some cash, that's clear lol ). It is nice to see a machine that does achieve fullspeed, but if it costs the same as 3 new GP2X machines, there is something wrong, especially considering that it is a VERY limited machine.

I'm interested IF I can sort the cash out and not die of hunger, we shall see :lol:

zodttd, I think that we should talk about this machine via PM when you have time and want to ;).

"BTW, if we can play the Ridge Racer in full speed, over 150,000 V43 users will be crying!! "

well i would like to get one but on the net there aint much info so it would be nice to know.

X-Code posted on Sep 17 2006 at 07:58 AM said:
People, let us please not forget that this is a GP2X thread, that other machine is interesting, but for most of the world is pointless at that price :).

I only commented on it because I like to be stupid with the latest tech that appears ( excluding Sony stuff that I just don't buy anymore ).

Don't be impressed by what is said in favour of that machine unless you have a bucketload of money to spend ( I only have some cash, that's clear lol ). It is nice to see a machine that does achieve fullspeed, but if it costs the same as 3 new GP2X machines, there is something wrong, especially considering that it is a VERY limited machine.

I'm interested IF I can sort the cash out and not die of hunger, we shall see :lol:

zodttd, I think that we should talk about this machine via PM when you have time and want to ;).

And on top of that, if you're Australian, you can remove income tax for the value of the product. Which could be a 40% reduction in cost = only $300. (45% if you earn over 150K)

I might ask my GF to buy me one when she comes back from Korean next time. Can I activesync it?

But the way, I'm looking forwards to the next psx4gp2x. How well does the Sharp port run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a very nice looking machine but not very game friendly, although having all those emulators full speed would be very very very nice. I still believe Gp2x can do it tho... we just need more time ;)

I think the same, and if not full speed, near enough to make it enjoyable at a fraction of the price :)... Leaving that aside, isn't the GP2X simply a great machine?

Time is the only main factor, processor power should be good enough.

The Sharp Zaurus C1000 is pretty much fullspeed now, though I can't confirm this since the build didn't have performance stats on it. Wipeout XL on it felt smooth though. Problem with the C1000 is it doesn't have a joypad. It's also around the same price as a V43, though might be less now that it's no longer a new model. The Sharp Zaurus Cxxxx series is ARM XScale based, and my C1000 easily reaches 624MHz. I do prefer running psx4all on the Zaurus over the same clocked PocketPC. Yeah, I have a PocketPC build, though it could use some more work, as controls on PocketPC's really make it hard to play. The V43 is MIPS based, and runs Linux with a simple GUI frontend. The Zaurus runs a full Linux distro and depending on the OS ROM used, supports KDE, Qtopia, Matchbox, and has support for OpenBSD now. The Zaurus hasa 640x480 touch screen which is really handy. From what I hear about the iStation T43, it runs Qtopia but slowly currently.

The GP2X is the little guy when it comes to processor power, but the community keeps pushing it's limits. With GP2X being the baseline for psx4all, it's future is secure. :)

I'm finishing up Spot! for the Palm, and Sudoku Challenge has been released. So I'm almost ready to continue work on psx4gp2x, and get Unai's new translation cache system for the dynarec working. :)

zodttd posted on Sep 16 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
The GP2X is the little guy when it comes to processor power, but the community keeps pushing it's limits.
Woohoo! We're persistant!

Some of those alternative devices do look interesting, but I think the GP2X is most appealing platform because of it's controls, small size, and affordability. Plus, it probably has the biggest emulation/homebrew community of all of them. :)

BTW, congrats on getting your game out Zodttd!

Last edited by a moderator:
well done zodttd :) ive been watching the progress of this emulator for months now it was my main reason for buying the gp2x but what is the best way to get games running i mean space wise because i have snes mega drive ect then no room for psx games i have a 2gb card is there a way to use another source via the usb? well done again zodttd and the rest of the team the way you carry on with this project is great!!!!

lol i think my gp2x is going to break befor I ever get to use this emu

Back