Faster delivery/upgrade - Craig's orders

These things are still shipping? I ordered mine in 2008, I have not heard or gotten responses from emails since 2009. Just kinda assumed the money I sent in was lost forever. Order GXX756132955.

me too capsterx - waiting to hope i get an e-mail saying it has shipped so i can finally get it...but from the transfer off of craig and the delays and money being used for newer orders - it's a waiting game

These things are still shipping? I ordered mine in 2008, I have not heard or gotten responses from emails since 2009. Just kinda assumed the money I sent in was lost forever. Order GXX756132955.
Basically, the companies doing the actual manufacture were pissing around with Openpandora, production stalled a few times, a lot of money has been lost and the only way to fulfill early orders is to attract new orders at a higher price. Production is now functional in Germany, with a couple of hundred Pandoras being shipped each week. You can:

1. Carry on waiting - your Pandora (now with double RAM) will arrive eventually
  2. Upgrade (pay more money) and get a Pandora faster, while providing funds to ship a few old preorders at what is now* below cost price
  3. Cancel and get a refund when the huge email/admin stack goes down a little bit

It does suck that the earliest preorders are lower priority than the new ones (the subject of many a rant of the past months) but there is no other way it could have been done - either OP funds old orders with new ones, or goes bankrupt

* Had the various production companies operated smoothly and fulfilled contracts, the old price would have been at cost (because you were investing) and later orders at a reasonable profit. The new (seemingly better) factory in Germany is more expensive.

You may have heard this already, but repeating it might avoid a few misinformed rants later in this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
* Had the various production companies operated smoothly and fulfilled contracts, the old price would have been at cost (because you were investing) and later orders at a reasonable profit. The new (seemingly better) factory in Germany is more expensive.

You may have heard this already, but repeating it might avoid a few misinformed rants later in this thread :)

Actually this (the whole post from Binky) is the most coherent thing I've seen written about the production situation in a long time. I'd seen a lot of details on the PandoraPress.net blog but I'm not terribly business savvy to distill those details to a summary. I had actually stopped reading the forums for a while to avoid the misinformed rants, but the official blog has been terribly thin on info of late so I've been trying to figure out whats going on by slogging through the forums.

Actually this (the whole post from Binky) is the most coherent thing I've seen written about the production situation in a long time. I'd seen a lot of details on the PandoraPress.net blog but I'm not terribly business savvy to distill those details to a summary. I had actually stopped reading the forums for a while to avoid the misinformed rants, but the official blog has been terribly thin on info of late so I've been trying to figure out whats going on by slogging through the forums.

The new set up is VASTLY more expensive, but proving reliable which of course makes it worth it. We're taking a huge hit on those $330 units. Every single one is a $400 loss.

We're taking a huge hit on those $330 units. Every single one is a $400 loss.

Wow! Okay, the state of things makes a lot more sense now.

I assume a significant part of that loss is all the time and materials that the previous contractors pissed away while we waited for production to start in earnest.

The new set up is VASTLY more expensive, but proving reliable which of course makes it worth it.

Well, it's not REALLY more expensive... if you take into account that over 1000 out of 4000 units CC should've produced are not working...

The new set up is VASTLY more expensive, but proving reliable which of course makes it worth it.

Well, it's not REALLY more expensive... if you take into account that over 1000 out of 4000 units CC should've produced are not working...

Yeah, it works out about the same price when you consider that. I've thought about that a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, it works out about the same price when you consider that. I've thought about that a lot.

I'll upgrade as soon as there is stock enough for instant gratification.

Gives you guys the chance to sell some more to new people.

Al the positivity is getting to me. :wacko:

I am optimistic the que will be done eventually, i am an April 2009 orderer myself trough craigx's list, still looking forward to it, keep up the good work.

Time for an update, a new topic saying how production is going now. How distribution is progressing. How happy new owners are etc.

I'll add some good news then! I just received an email requesting final payment this morning! My Pandora should ship in the next couple weeks. I was #74 of the new upgraded (more expensive) orders. I'll let everyone knows when it ships!

Hi ED!

I sort of cloned myself but the dna got mixed up, resulting in two beautiful girls, but even worse, nothing of what I know was preserved in the process so they need to go to school to learn simple things like to read and to write! :rolleyes:

No need for the elaborate reports you tend to give us, because you are a perfectionist. :)

Just an estimate of Pandora's reaching happy new owners last month, not longer than a few lines like your reply would suffice.

Kind regards,

Arnold

funnypicturescloningresultsmayvary.jpg

Back