Finding a proper name and logo :)

Some may see non-intended shapes in these :p
Hitler-with-Magda-and-Jos-012.jpg

I like the curvy one - the pixel one is fun but it's not quite right...

Maybe I'm talking rubbish, I dunno, I'm going to bed

Rick

Random non-symmetrical unreadable ambigram idea:

pyralogo14.png

Adding serifs to an earlier proposal:

pyralogo15.png

Or we could just use something very simple like this:

pyralogo-delta-pi.png

This is a Delta (for Dragonbox) and a Pi (for Pyra). You can see it as a pyramid in front of a box if you want.

Or we could just use something very simple like this:

pyralogo-delta-pi.png

This is a Delta (for Dragonbox) and a Pi (for Pyra). You can see it as a pyramid in front of a box if you want.
No Greek letters unless you use pretty versions. Delta isn't just any triangle and Pi isn't just three straight lines. Right now it looks like a table on top of a tent to me.

i'm not convinced about using greek letters - you'd end up writing the word PYRA underneath 'cos no-one would know what it meant (apart from greeks of course)

:)

2nv3zma.png

rvjyue.jpg

Posted one of those into the other 'logo discussions' thread, where they don't really belong. Here is the place :)

^ Those are the uppercase versions.
I'm aware of that. They still don't look good. I guess in the case of Pi the upper case letter really looks like that (though that would mean the big symbol used for products is actually minuscule), but Delta doesn't need to be ugly. We can also mix upper and lower case; the Greek Alphabet is just a box of nice symbols to fall back on when in need of more symbols to most of us anyway. So why not use a pretty minuscule Pi enlarged instead of the majuscule one when in need of a pretty symbol?
Edit:

Ah, majuscule Pi isn't just three straight rectangular lines after all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pi_uc_lc.svg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That depends entirely on the font. Here you have a stone slab full of ancient greek text with the three-line pi's and triangle-deltas.

^ That depends entirely on the font. Here you have a stone slab full of ancient greek text with the three-line pi's and triangle-deltas.
But that's not my point. Point is, we can really just make those symbols pretty by changing them in any way we want as long as they are still recognizable (if that's wanted). So if a more artsy lower case version of Pi looks better, then we shouldn't use the historically more correct three ugly lines upper case one.

That is true. I was only commenting your, as I understood it, statement how these symbols "really are". The base shape is very simple, as with latin alphabet. Fonts make all the decorations.

Back