Release Firefox 4 beta 10

Yeah!

I just wanted to try out firefox 4 beta 10 because I read it has flash support built in.

I'm just bummed that people were able to download it back in February but now its a dead link :(

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=firefox

its still on my repo :)

:D :D Thank You!!

I've been reading the forums fairly often, but i never knew there was a PNDstore?!

That is definitely a piece of software that should be included with every Pandora!

I'm watching some ED Pandora videos to test out flashplayer :)

I've been reading the forums fairly often, but i never knew there was a PNDstore?!

That is definitely a piece of software that should be included with every Pandora!

I'm watching some ED Pandora videos to test out flashplayer :)
Please ask Craig to support it, then, for example by adding a reply to this thread; if enough "ordinary" customers bug him about it, he may pay more attention & work with them instead of against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I try youtube the player crashes and I have to remove the battery to restart the Pandora, can anyone recommend a solution?

The firefox is good browser it will be better if the redline can be removed when watching videos through youtube and also go full screen none of this happening in this latest version.

If you look at the chrome version all of this sorted now it has them both things i've mentioned.

I thought the red line could only be removed by persuading adobe to resurrect mobile flash, or not use flash at all...?

I thought the red line could only be removed by persuading adobe to resurrect mobile flash, or not use flash at all...?
Well chrome doesn't have the redline at all and works full screen and is same flash plugin that firefox uses.

Why doesn't dev remove the redline and make youtube full screen that will be great update rather just increasing speed of browsing and this can be done with the flash plugin we have.

Firefox is the best browser for playing youtube videos on pandora when you change the quality to 240 well midori is good but has the same problems like firefox.

I have noticied the flash plugin works better on firefox it can play more videos online which use the plugin but midori can't play all.

Chrome is full screen and no redline but it can't plays all videos online,well firefox can play all videos without any problem the plugin works better on it.

That flash player is accidentally distributed with Firefox because it is a not-for-public-use TI development version, and flash is closed source & horrible (and no longer being developed). Someone needs to poke around a bit in chrome and see whats going on. Are you sure its not using HTML5 or something?

---

Chrome is not using flash to play those videos!

sukhi, didnt i tell you to stfu about that damn flash player? let it go

That flash player is accidentally distributed with Firefox because it is a not-for-public-use TI development version, and flash is closed source & horrible (and no longer being developed). Someone needs to poke around a bit in chrome and see whats going on. Are you sure its not using HTML5 or something?

---

Chrome is not using flash to play those videos!
Chrome doesn't have flash plugin installed,whatever it using is making good job of it,The youtube lowest you set it to is "360" which is slow for pandora only "240" is better for it.

Why don't use same thing in firefox to get rid of 2 problems,the flash plugin is beta version and is causing the redline and no full screen,so it's not good idea to keep the plugin in firefox,it should be removed.

If firefox used different way of working videos will all of them still work just like plugin.

Maybe streak will know how the videos are working on it,the latest update was made by him.

Chrome doesn't have flash plugin installed,whatever it using is making good job of it,The youtube lowest you set it to is "360" which is slow for pandora only "240" is better for it.

Why don't use same thing in firefox to get rid of 2 problems,the flash plugin is beta version and is causing the redline and no full screen,so it's not good idea to keep the plugin in firefox,it should be removed.

If firefox used different way of working videos will all of them still work just like plugin.

Maybe streak will know how the videos are working on it,the latest update was made by him.
I would love it if we could use the HTML5 player(s). Unfortunately, the Pandora can't handle these videos at 360p, which is the lowest resolution the HTML5 player allows for whatever reason.

Of course, if the red line bothers you so much, stop complaining that Firefox has an additional feature and use Chromium or Jumanji or any other browser available.

So you can have FF with red line but decent speed, or Chrome with poorer speed but no red line.

Which do you prefer?

Back