Full Refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonttu

Still Fresh
I finally received my refund, except it seems 55$'s short. :( Perhaps it will take longer for the memory card and shipping refund to arrive?

Not sure if this is any help but on my credit card statement there were two refunds, one for my Pandora, and one for the TV-cable which I asked them to add to my order later, so it is at least theoretically possible that the bank refunded one earlier than the other.

Jonttu said:
I finally received my refund, except it seems 55$'s short. :( Perhaps it will take longer for the memory card and shipping refund to arrive?

Hm, are they refunding the whole orders or just the Pandoras? Also, did you pay in dollars or what? Maybe that's the loss in currency rates changing like crazy lately or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
Jonttu said:

Hm, are they refunding the whole orders or just the Pandoras? Also, did you pay in dollars or what? Maybe that's the loss in currency rates changing like crazy lately or something like that.

I was thinking that as well, hopefully that's not the case, cause then I wont have enough money for Christmas presents and the Pandora :(

Jonttu said:
It's automatically refunded by the bank based on the exchange rates at the moment of the refunding. Don't worry as you wont have to pay the same amount in dollars as you did the first time, either. It will be less. Although not necessary the same amount you've been refunded, currency rates changes everyday.

meh... I guess I'll be ordering with second batch. I need to buy Christmas presents and a new mobo for my i7 :)

Here, you can see how much the exchange rate has been changing:

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/GBP/graph120.html

Just remember that it goes back the other direction - so I put $401 in and only got $337 back, but reordering is only going to cost me $337 now. Approximately. It is possible that you could lose a little money on this, but it won't be as much as you're thinking provided that they can get the reorder page back up quickly.

Hopefully before the... 16th? When they reduce the interest rate on T-bonds to force the inflation rate back up.

Jonttu said:
I think it would be worth sending them an e-mail - if you ordered all of those things together, the refunds for them shouldn't be separate, to the best of my knowledge.

shmuck said:
Here, you can see how much the exchange rate has been changing:

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/GBP/graph120.html

Just remember that it goes back the other direction - so I put $401 in and only got $337 back, but reordering is only going to cost me $337 now. Approximately. It is possible that you could lose a little money on this, but it won't be as much as you're thinking provided that they can get the reorder page back up quickly.

Hopefully before the... 16th? When they reduce the interest rate on T-bonds to force the inflation rate back up.

But what if you've no intention of re-ordering?

dadioflex said:
But what if you've no intention of re-ordering?

Then your going to lose money due to the change of conversion rates. Not really anything you or OpenPandora can do about it.

icurafu said:
you purchased it in pounds and you would be refunded the exact same ammount of pounds. That's how international refunds work.
And I would add that if you don't want to lose money, then reorder your Pandora again. :D

shmuck said:
Just remember that it goes back the other direction - so I put $401 in and only got $337 back, but reordering is only going to cost me $337 now. Approximately.

So that means that you are really still paying $401 in the long run the way I read that since you effectively lost $64 in the rate change.

CoMiKe said:
icurafu said:
you purchased it in pounds and you would be refunded the exact same ammount of pounds. That's how international refunds work.
And I would add that if you don't want to lose money, then reorder your Pandora again. :D
One route is to call and dispute the initial charge with your CC company. In the US, you have 60 days from the date of the statement on which the charge appears to dispute a charge. Everyone should be still within that time frame (just barely). I know that there are some issues with doing this for the merchant, but I really do not see any other way to prevent a loss of US$75 on this whole thing.

If you do this, be sure to mention that the "refund" was issued so that that can be added into the mix too, else it may appear that you are trying to "double refund" yourself, that is not my goal.

sixstringmonk said:
shmuck said:
Just remember that it goes back the other direction - so I put $401 in and only got $337 back, but reordering is only going to cost me $337 now. Approximately.

So that means that you are really still paying $401 in the long run the way I read that since you effectively lost $64 in the rate change.

Yes, that's right. Although "lost" isn't really the right word for it - it's going to cost me $401 total, just like I knew it would when I first made my order. So I spent that money, I didn't lose it.

shmuck said:
sixstringmonk said:
shmuck said:

Yes, that's right. Although "lost" isn't really the right word for it - it's going to cost me $401 total, just like I knew it would when I first made my order. So I spent that money, I didn't lose it.

Indeed. Maybe "absorbed" would have been a better word. Basically you've neither lost nor gained as long as you don't get hit for a currency conversion charge. You only lose money if you don't reorder.

Looks like I have to reorder, I don't want to settle for loss after all. Hope my family likes macaroni art. :)

Jonttu said:
Looks like I have to reorder, I don't want to settle for loss after all. Hope my family likes macaroni art. :)
What country did you order from Jonttu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back