Gamecube Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
guilmon999 said:
could you run a gamcube game on the pandora?

Yes, we're porting dolphin, and support is looking good!

/troll

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course its possible. It just wont be at playable speeds and would be a waste of developer's time.

guilmon999 said:
i think a more diplomatic way to explain it is: if a pandora specific version of a gamecube game was made, in all likelihood it would play it, however the system demands of emulating the gamecube system on top of the game itself is far too intensive to be even remotely likely. there isnt even 100% certainty that all of the previous generations consoles will be emulated on the system yet so hold your horses! hopefully as time goes on the source code for higher spec games will be released and become playable on the pandora ala Quake 3, but otherwise i am afraid you are out of luck. also, do not discount what kind of homebrew we will end up with too.

greendots said:
Of course its possible. It just wont be at playable speeds and would be a waste of developer's time.
Well, I could emulate the IBM Roadrunner on the Pandora if I wanted to. I would just need hellofa lot of swap space, but sure, it would work.

guilmon999 said:

Playable Emulation requires much more power than the system to be emulated. Use the search function.

-God Ginrai

Of course the Pandora can, silly goose.

Follow and i'll show you...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4xmerhix8

Okay. I'll resist the overpowering urge to pwn a n00b here (The OP) but instead I'll explain.

Emulation is a very complicated thing to do. Especially with the more complex machines like the Gamecube. The magic rule of emulation is if The machine your running is not about 7 times more powerful than the machine being emulated, it's a no go. Since the Pandora is only as powerful as the Gamecube, it definitely won't be able to emulate it.

If you didn't understand that, just tread this:

No.

femngi said:
Topic should be locked.

You would have to re-compile the games for the Pandora. For a computer to emulate something it needs to be probably around four times faster, as it is done though software "emulation" rather than native hardware acceleration. If there were native games made for Pandora, which I don't think I'd mind doing, then they could probably kick close to game cube in quality. I currently an in the BYU animation program at my school, and we are always making portfolio projects with the computer science department. What kind of games is the Pandora audience interested in? FPS, RPG, Action, Action RPG, MMORPG?I am curious if there are any game dev teams looking at making something with a Pandora SDK, if it exist?

p.s.
you shouldn't crucify people for asking these sorts of questions, just politely expain that emulation and running a game natively are very different. He obviously knows nothing about emulators or how they work.

Along with the above, the GC has very... odd hardware. It's very tough to emulate because of that. Perhaps we could emulate it on the next Pandora, but at current...

redfish said:
What kind of games is the Pandora audience interested in? FPS, RPG, Action, Action RPG, MMORPG?I am curious if there are any game dev teams looking at making something with a Pandora SDK, if it exist?
i think if a genre exists then theres someone interested in in amongst the audience. the community is a homebrew gaming and emulation one primarily more than anything else so there are going to be massive fans here for sure. i have seen a good few games be planned to be created. its hard to discern exactly which are homebrew and which are ports but here is a list of projects http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development i know that nails adventure for example is one of the projects along with lerp, pandora panic, etc.

It's quite easy to run the Gamecube on a Pandora. With 100% speed and compatibility.

GC_on_Pandora.jpg

RenegadeChic said:
redfish said:
What kind of games is the Pandora audience interested in? FPS, RPG, Action, Action RPG, MMORPG?I am curious if there are any game dev teams looking at making something with a Pandora SDK, if it exist?
i think if a genre exists then theres someone interested in in amongst the audience. the community is a homebrew gaming and emulation one primarily more than anything else so there are going to be massive fans here for sure. i have seen a good few games be planned to be created. its hard to discern exactly which are homebrew and which are ports but here is a list of projects http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development i know that nails adventure for example is one of the projects along with lerp, pandora panic, etc.

we were looking at making a Diablo 2 clone or a Action RPG like Oblivion, Fallout or Zelda 64.

redfish said:
RenegadeChic said:
redfish said:

we were looking at making a Diablo 2 clone or a Action RPG like Oblivion, Fallout or Zelda 64.
sounds brilliant! bring it on i say

Poem58 said:
It's quite easy to run the Gamecube on a Pandora. With 100% speed and compatibility.

GC_on_Pandora.jpg

Where'd that little Pandora icon come from? I like it.

redfish said:
p.s.
you shouldn't crucify people for asking these sorts of questions, just politely expain that emulation and running a game natively are very different.

Exactly.

Whoever goes apeshit over something like this, needs to sort out their own stuff before going online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back