Gbax 2005 Reactions & Reflections

New cartreader download of WinterSports Eins for GP32.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware that so many people use a cartreader. It's never been an option for me.

So here are new downloads containing plain files for installing with a cartreader:

Note: both versions can be installed simultaneously

Your first choice is this:
WinterSports Eins for GP32 (colorkey cartreader)

WinterSports Eins for GP32 (alpha cartreader)

For descriptions on the differences of the versions,
see my page The Rockin'-B

Thanks for the cartreader hint!

There is still a great deal I have yet to try but,

Qwarage, shows a lot of potential, it's definately something I'll be following if it's continued.
Fgb seems to have improved a good deal, and has replaced the older version on my smc.
Another World, is really neat to have, I was enjoying the genesis version prior to gbax 2005. it's great to have a gp32 version with the intro and larger characters. B)

FMSX was the big suprise though,It's speed, it's newfound stability, combined with the niceness of it's newfangled interface (with selectable snatcher characters!) makes this a stunning emulator. :)

Only just got around to trying out the entries this year. A very impressive line-up for the GP32! In no particular order:

F-day preview - excellent as suspected. Only tried the MSX and ZX emus, but from what little I played it's pretty obvious these are amongst the best emus on the GP32. Oh, and the new interface is luverly!

Mini game project - I love these kinds of games so maybe I'm bias, but I think Quiest did a great job. I'd love to see this expanded and tweaked in future. MOTM on the NGPC is a good source of inspiration!

Another World - Perfect. Not much else to say B)

Bang GP - An improvement on the previous release, it's great to play and looks fantastic but sadly won't stay on my SMC long due to lack of replay value. One for the future methinks.

Ghost Pix - Pixel perfect (a-hahaha...) rendition of a classic game. Classy presentation. This one's a keeper for sure.

GP Sudoku - Haven't really had a chance to warm to the game itself, but this is obviouslly a very nicely designed version with an intuitive interface and nice presentation. Couldn't ask for much more really.

Happy Giant - Obviously in the earlier stages of development but this is nevertheless an interesting idea that shows plenty of promise. Cute graphical style + violence = my vote.

Qwarage - Again, this is in early stages of development so it's a little low on longevity. But I'm a big SHUMP fan and I love this style of game - perfect for pick-up and play handheld gaming. Hope the author continues to work on this.

I'll give the rest a try once I get some more free time.

Heh, is that sarcasm or are you genuine? please don't tell me you've never played SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millenium! - http://www.animeboredom.co.uk/games-review...nk-vs-capcom/20

It's a brilliant fighting game and the olympic mode is pure genius. I wouldn't expect anything as comprehensive but it's a great use of the various licenses. This is actually the first thing that sprung to mind when I played the Mini Game Project :)

I really don`t know it!

A neogeo pocket game? I have to check that out as fast as I can :D

Can you recommend a good ngpc emu for PC?

Thanks! I would really like it if someone gets around making a minigame for it :D
Are you sure you got the right fenix.rte runtime? There is a special one for the BLU+.
Though I know that I got the line when playing that memory game Twins, and I for sure have the right runtime. Must be one of those random Fenix bugs.

I apologise for not putting a warning in my minigame when it`s saving, one big mistake!

Hi, anybody can download a good .fxe for Twins here, i used a special .fxe with runtime integrated (with BLU you don't need the .rte), but in BLU+ don't work correctly, sorry :unsure: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
So far, I've tried fGB32, Minigame Project, Happy Giant and Qwarage (spelling?).

Qwarage is obviously not finished, as it is impossible to succesfully play and you can't seem to kill the boss, but I definately look forward to a (more) complete product. I just can't get enough shooting games.

fGB32 is just amazing, finally, I can play Street Fighter Alpha on my GP32, albeit very pixelly and with less attacks. All the games I've tried work and look great, Blade is worth a try if you haven't already.

Happy Giant is so damn cool, I've only played it once, I think I got to level 3 or 4, the mechanics and gameplay are so well done, the one button control scheme works really well.

The minigame Project took me by suprise, the interface and the presentation are so professional looking and it doesn't have that "fenix feel" that some Fenix games do. The games themselves are enjoyable and addictive. I look forward to more games and to contributing myself (eventually).

LA!

I'm impressed so far.

BYEEEEE!!

Take a look at this page,
most GP32 entries of GBAX are rated there:
http://gp32.famesoft.ru/

In case you fail translating it with babelfish(like me :D )...

Here a translation of the rating:

graphics
sound
gameplay/playability
interest
realization
whole score

I would like to know the other stuff thats written there, but it's been a lot of time since I speaked russian.

Back