GINGE

@quote - I'm aware of the archive but was hoping that there was some kind of rating system to let me know what apps to start with. The idea of downloading everything in the archive and trying it out is a bit daunting.

wongojack said:
@quote - I'm aware of the archive but was hoping that there was some kind of rating system to let me know what apps to start with. The idea of downloading everything in the archive and trying it out is a bit daunting.

i never owned a GP2x - but one game i'm looking forward is vektar and another one of course is cave story.

Last edited by a moderator:
b_o_b said:
Two questions (sorry for getting slightly off- Wiz topic). How easy is this to port it to other Arm Linux platforms? Would a rooted Android phone like my G1 be capable of running it?
Yes but it requires OABI support in the kernel, which is unlikely to be enabled on Android.

crow_riot said:
Won't work because it uses second core. It is possible to handle it using a recompiler or write some code to do or fake ARM940's job in Vectar but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

notaz said:
b_o_b said:
Two questions (sorry for getting slightly off- Wiz topic). How easy is this to port it to other Arm Linux platforms? Would a rooted Android phone like my G1 be capable of running it?
Yes but it requires OABI support in the kernel, which is unlikely to be enabled on Android.

crow_riot said:
Won't work because it uses second core. It is possible to handle it using a recompiler or write some code to do or fake ARM940's job in Vectar but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I can recompile V to use the single core but getting the music to then work might require some hacking/speed loss.

craigix said:
I can recompile V to use the single core but getting the music to then work might require some hacking/speed loss.

If you're going to start recompiling it it'd be nice if it got properly ported to other platforms, IMO.

Exophase said:
craigix said:

If you're going to start recompiling it it'd be nice if it got properly ported to other platforms, IMO.

Well thanks to Notaz that might not be necessary.

craigix said:

Except for all those platforms that aren't ARM Linux with OABI enabled :/

+1 on pandora release :) Hope it is possible. It is nice to have it on the Wiz although many/most GP2X stuff was ported to Wiz.

The Pandora though is missing allot of emus now and would really benefit. I would love to be able to play GBC/Gb emus, a faster MAME, Temper, GPSP, FCEultra, the Jag emu etc.

Thanks again for the great work.

the video made me really laugh in a way, playing the emulator inside an emulator (well sort of) .... just fun :)

A stupid question:
From what I read (and I might be totally wrong) the some/most Wiz games will need to be recompiled to work on the Canoo, will a software like Ginge allow Canoo to play Wiz apps without recompiling them?

sehs33 said:
A stupid question:
From what I read (and I might be totally wrong) the some/most Wiz games will need to be recompiled to work on the Canoo, will a software like Ginge allow Canoo to play Wiz apps without recompiling them?

Caanoo won't be OABI, but hopefully, kernel could have been compiled with OABI emulation(or sth like that) and than everything for wiz could work for caanoo... But it's a small chance, but for now, it won't work.

craigix said:
marktitchner_ifyoucandreamit_s.jpg

Exophase said:
craigix said:

The problem is the game hits the hardware pretty close, it would be a big job to port it. Ginge looks like the right answer for us and our niche product interests.

Looks very very promising. Whatever happens, everyone who entered an emulator in the competition will definitely win a prize because there are only 3 entries !! (Ginge, PSX emu update and SNES emu update, hopefully there may be more that they haven't showcased).

emjay said:
Looks very very promising. Whatever happens, everyone who entered an emulator in the competition will definitely win a prize because there are only 3 entries !! (Ginge, PSX emu update and SNES emu update, hopefully there may be more that they haven't showcased).

You forget Puck's Wonderswan emu WS4ALL.

sbock said:
You forget Puck's Wonderswan emu WS4ALL.

Haven't heard anything about that one. Is that the Japanese only handheld that has Japanese/Asian only games that you won't be able to understand unless you can speak an Asian language ? Doesnt interest me anyway, I'll be amazed if it gets in the top 3 unless there are Asian people judging the competition.

sbock said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderswan

I've got the colour version, amazing battery live, about 25 hours from *one* AA battery.

Back