Gmenu2x V0.9-test2

Spanish

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Cambia el fondo de GMenu2X
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Activa/desactiva salida de tv
Select wallpaper=Selecciona imagen de fondo
Gamma=Gama
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Ajusta el valor gama de la gp2x (predefinido: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=Codificación de salida de tv
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Codificación de la señal de salida de tv
Tweak RAM Timings=Modifica la sincronización de RAM
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Normalmente acelera la aplicación a costa de la estabilidad
Gamma (default: 0)=Gama (predefinido: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Valor de gama que usar al lanzar este enlace
Wrapper=Retornar
Explicitly relaunch GMenu2X after this link's execution ends=Forzar recarga de GMenu2X al terminar ejecución del enlace

Last 2 lines are corrections.

Ryo, can you add the name of link in edit link screen. I forget which link i'm editing while browsing in file explorer for an icon :huh: add the name here:
File Browser
Select icon for the link: nameofthelink

I've problems selecting the icons for links. I select an icon, and it is assigned, but in next gmenu execution the icons are not shown. Only generic and default icons. In edit link screen there are nothing written in icon field. But in the link file are present the string "skin:icons/x.png" ¿?
The only way for see my custom icons in other skin than default is setting that icons using the default skin and then changing to my favourite skin. When assigning icons in default skin these are not shown. Seems that are not working, but in the other skin the icons are there. Maybe the user want use icons of other skin...is this possible or user must copy the folder to the other skin directory manually?

Thanks Ryo.
USB host does not seem to work when gp2xmenu is not running even when the modules are loaded. Does anyone else have this problem?
I am thinking of modding my tvout cable to a USB host cable as RYO suggested. But there won't be a 5V supply. would this work to connect to self powered devices like another GP2X?

Edit: OK it should work
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...=41&t=36652

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because external hds are mounted by the interface instead of being mounted by the firmware as it should be.
I'll support them for the stable 0.9, and I'll probably release a test3 version before that.

Ah good stuff. I'm just thinking, could you add USB joystick support to the menu, Ryo?
A cancel option would be good if you accidentally press select... I had to select edit link then cancel out of that. I'd also like to remind you of the "dead link remover" feature, I've had a couple of ideas about it since I originally suggested it. It could work similar to the link scanner, so that it presents you with a page of the dead links, then from there you remove the ones you wish. This would prevent problems with multiple SD cards.

Maybe more bugs:

I wanted to change the name of my current gmenu 2X folder on NAND for overview reasons. (the old name had revision numbers in it etc. ) No problem and autostart on SD changed to and gmenu was starting correctly as usual. (why not) But some of my Icons vanished. All Icons in the applications Folder. Games and emus sections are normal. Strange then like in these Sections many Icon-paths still leeds to an old gmenu folder on SD, this was never a problem. (Yes, everything is a little bit messy on my gp2x ^^"" )

So I started to add the missing icons again and this time I wanted to use them from the correct skin-folder on Nand. But after a reset only the standard-icons were available (tested this first with gmu) so gmenu take only the icons from the folders of the apps. Strange, in the link-files there are no sign of my changed icons, seems, Gmenu hadn't saved my nand-leading icon-path. Normaly Gmenu should use the icons in the (skin folder) icon folders. I only could use Icons from SD-Card folders, these paths where stoted...really strange.
It feels like Gmenu on Nand don't save Icon-Folder-paths leading to a Nand directory. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with just renaming the folder of Gmenu2X)

Ryo this gmenu is great much easier to use should add a clock to it read my post about clock well done again gmenu should be the standard frondend menu

Hyperpc said:
Ryo this gmenu is great much easier to use should add a clock to it read my post about clock well done again gmenu should be the standard frondend menu
The gp2x has no internal clock hardware, so this is not possible, sorry.

Ryo said:
Hyperpc said:
The gp2x has no internal clock hardware, so this is not possible, sorry.

Thanks anyway
What do you think of the GPim idea if it works will you add that to the gmenu

Ryo said:
Here's another test release.
There is almost everything that I wanted to include in 0.9.

There are a few strings to translate that weren't present in test1, here's the list:
CODE

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Cambia lo sfondo di GMenu2X
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Attiva/disattiva tv-out
Select wallpaper=Seleziona sfondo
Gamma=Gamma
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Imposta il valore gamma della gp2x (predefinito: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=Codifica uscita tv
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Codifica del segnale dell'uscita tv
Tweak RAM Timings=Modifica i timings della RAM
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Comporta solitamente un miglioramento delle performance al costo di stabilità
Gamma (default: 0)=Gamma (predefinito: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Valore di gamma da impostare quando si lancia questo collegamento
Also, the font changed again, since I had to insert other characters, so the Liquido font needs to be updated.

Changelog (from v0.8):
CODE

Added gamma setting (global and per-link)
Added option to tweak ram timings
Added skins support
Added link to activate tv-out
Added support for multiple wallpapers
Color of message dialogs changeable by skins
Automatic icon association for links with icons found in the skin "icons" directory
Adding a link to a file without gpu or gpe extension automatically enables the wrapper feature
Added support for translations (Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Germany, French, Finnish, Portuguese and Swedish included)
Use of a new font code which supports (some) utf8 characters
Added graphics for gp2x buttons
Moved screenshot in the selector under the text
[selFullPath] is automatically added at the end of the params when using the selector and no [marker] is specified
Easier access to the last row of links
Moved manual indicator to the bottom bar
Save screenshot with A+L+R (only on the main screen)
Fixed half tv-out screen
Fixed flickering in various locations
Fixed bugs in the manuals navigation system
Other small changes

Download: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gmenu2x...t2.zip?download

Just when Gmenu2x can't get any greater, it does. Excellent work, as always. I just updated my Mac OS 9 skin for the new skin layout and it looks pretty sweet. Thanks for the update... and the ability to finally put up a screenshot of my skin :) You rock!

i want to report a problem with usb connection. file transfer works fine (windows xp) but after you unmount the card and correctly end the usb session you just don't want to plug the usb cable out. because if you do, the whole system will freeze. at least for me (gp2x mk2/fw 3.0.0).

jozef

CPU speeds lower than 50Mhz cause screen flickering, so they're only useful for apps like the sleeper thing.

TV out support for movies is acting somewhat strange. if i turn tv out on (PAL), then run the official player the video is not stretched across the screen but rather placed in the upper left corner with its original resolution. if you quit the player the TV signal is garbled and i have to turn the unit off and on to use it again. with the original menu everything works fine.

any ideas?

jozef

Guys, how do I change the encoding so that I can properly save & view the polish translation, with characters like: ś,ź,ż,ó.

I checked my translation file and these characters are cut out on GP2x.

Which encoding should I use? Can this be fixed?

Saving the file in UTF-8 doesn't help (I checked my GP2X encoding settings as well).

I cannot continue the translation without a solution.

Back