Gmenu2x V0.9 Released

2Ryo
As I suggested on another topic (don't remember which one), what about an option to add various links at a time?
I mean, in the link browser screen, you have the following options:

- B ---> Enter folder/Confirm
- X ---> Up one folder

What about another option to add links without exiting the link browser? Example:

- A ---> Add link.

An another suggestion would be a preview in the icon selection screen, although I understand it's difiicult to add, as you use the same browser screen for icons, links and files.

Anyway, thanks for your great work on this fantastic menu! :)

CoMiKe said:
2Ryo
As I suggested on another topic (don't remember which one), what about an option to add various links at a time?
I mean, in the link browser screen, you have the following options:

- B ---> Enter folder/Confirm
- X ---> Up one folder

What about another option to add links without exiting the link browser? Example:

- A ---> Add link.

An another suggestion would be a preview in the icon selection screen, although I understand it's difiicult to add, as you use the same browser screen for icons, links and files.

Anyway, thanks for your great work on this fantastic menu! :)
add various links ... maybe something as "Search in this folder for links" or "add here links from this folder & subfolders? this is the same as the automatic search in SD but more limited. for frequent use, not for first time users, as SD search. Isn't it?

The icon preview option is a good idea. We will wait for Ryo's opinion.

I add one more... ¿would be possible some form to order links in addition to the alphabetical order? most recent first, most used first, etc... or some type of ranking... or mark a link as favorite...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find most of yous suggestions interesting.
I'll add the icon preview for sure.

Reordering the links is not as easy. All the arrangements would be easier with a totally different management, and I'm thinking about a sqlite backend as I hinted some releases ago.

This has also some drawback like the problem of keeping old links through upgrades which is a must.

My next release will mostly fix and smooth things without adding too much, I'll consider all other things for the following one.

Ryo, can you upload your icons somewhere ? I've done my own but the ones you have look excellent

psj3809 said:
Ryo, can you upload your icons somewhere ? I've done my own but the ones you have look excellent
Yes, I totally agree :D
Your icons clearly look great, and whatever icons pack I try, I can't find them !

As far as I can tell, GMenu2x is aware of whether the AC adapter is plugged in or not (shows different status icon). Would it be possible to add the ability for links to have different default overclocking speeds, depending on whether the GP2X is on AC power or not?

This would allow for faster overclocking when on AC and battery is not an issue, but still allow you to set lower default speeds for when running on battery when battery usage is an issue with out having to manually change the link each time.

Thanks. (Also added to the flyspray feature request section.)

@Ryo

I love being able to use the line 'skin:icons/nameofapp.png' so that my icons change when I change skins. Is there an easy way to add this line on my GP2X? At the moment I am having to edit the link files on PC.

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Ryo said:
If you select an icon from the icon folder of the skin you are using (say skins/Liquido/icons/) then it will be saved as skin:icons/...

2Ryo
Sorry, I think you didn't understand my suggestion about adding several links at one time...

In the link browser, if you press B, the link is added to the section and you are taken directly back to the GMenu2X section where you added the link. So if you want to add another link to that same section, you must press again "Select" and then "Add link in this section".

What I was suggesting was to add another button in the link browser (i.e: A Button) to add the link into the section, but you aren't taken back to the section screen, so you can add several links quicker.

I hope I've explained it better... sorry. :(

Ryo said:
If you select an icon from the icon folder of the skin you are using (say skins/Liquido/icons/) then it will be saved as skin:icons/...
Unfortunately this isn't working for me. I am still getting the long file name path,
e.g. icon=/mnt/sd/gmenu2x/skins/Liquido/icons/tilematch.png instead of icon=skin:icons/tilematch.png

Anyone got this feature working?

imhotep said:
Ryo said:
Unfortunately this isn't working for me. I am still getting the long file name path,
e.g. icon=/mnt/sd/gmenu2x/skins/Liquido/icons/tilematch.png instead of icon=skin:icons/tilematch.png

It didn't work for me either until I did a restart. Try that :)

pedator said:
I've updated the Liquido skin for Gmenu2x 0.9
Cheers for that Pedator, looks fantastic.
Missing a couple of icons for me, so I'll send you some if I get the time to make them myself with your .psd file :)

imhotep said:
Ryo said:

Yes, it works.
Try deleting the path from browser (I think is pressing X) and then browse for the icon in the skin folders. Or delete the path and back to menu and then add icon again. If not, delete the link and restart link creation. The long path is written when using icons of others skins in your actual skin... maybe the path was written on previous versions of gmenu. The long path should work with all the skins if you don't delete the folder indicated in the path...

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Cheers for that Pedator, looks fantastic.
Missing a couple of icons for me, so I'll send you some if I get the time to make them myself with your .psd file :)
i'll be waiting :p

The refresh icon problem can be "solved" launching photo viewer of the oficial menu, or something similar, oficial file browser, an emulator, something that reloads gmenu at end of its execution.

@Pedator
Couple of quick icons for you here.
A graphical one for drill2x (which looks nice) & a basic text one for d1x (which looks neat enough).
Your choice to use them or not :)

@Ryo
I've been messing about with the graphic manuals again, trying to find a way to speed up the loading of bigger (non-transparency) manuals. It seems that manuals like my Wind & Water test manual (which uses 14 pages) take over 10 seconds to load up & can't be optimised enough for improvement as they use the png format.
Would it be possible to either add a loading screen for manuals like this so the user is aware that it is being started, or alternatively add support for jpeg images which can be used when transparencies aren't required?

Cheers to both of you for all the hard work that you do.. you rock :D

@CoMiKe: I did undestand your suggestion, I simply did not comment about it. Some way to speed up link creation would be fine. I'll take your idea into consideration.

@Tripmonkey_uk: I'll add both options (jpeg and loading progress) and maybe I could reset the clock speed to 200Mhz when loading big images and then return to the previous speed.

The "skins:" feature needs more polishing as most of you noticed but it should be working someway...

Ryo,

Just wondering if you considered my comment about different link speeds being configurable, depending on whether you were on AC power or not?

BTW... I've had no problems with the different icons for different skins. I works here.

Yes it an interesting idea but I fear it could make GMenu2X too complex configuration-wise
I'll think more about it when the time comes, since there won't be a lot of new features in next release anyway.

Back