Gmenu2x V0.9 Released

Ryo said:
@Tripmonkey_uk: I'll add both options (jpeg and loading progress) and maybe I could reset the clock speed to 200Mhz when loading big images and then return to the previous speed.
Sounds rockin Ryo.
I completely forgot that the menu uses a lower clock setting & never thought about bumping the speed back up to the default for manuals. Should make a big difference :)
I'll make some more test manuals & try to find out the best settings etc. I think the manuals will become more popular after Open2X is released, as it will allow for even better integration with the 2x's firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Returning to the manual-function from Gmenu, the scrolling is to fast (graphic and Text Manuals), when keep pushing fore or backward a page. There should be a Delay after the first push so no pages left over. Just like a keyboard button delay. :)

And I really could need a working battery LED when battery is low. Because Ingame, I can't check the Gmenu bottom bar indicator ;)

fusion_power said:
Returning to the manual-function from Gmenu, the scrolling is to fast (graphic and Text Manuals), when keep pushing fore or backward a page. There should be a Delay after the first push so no pages left over. Just like a keyboard button delay. :)

And I really could need a working battery LED when battery is low. Because Ingame, I can't check the Gmenu bottom bar indicator ;)
re battery indicator - i have noticed the LED indicator once when using gmenu2X so i guess that it works now?

The battery led is used now to notify of disk writes, but even if I change this behaviour to notify of low battery life, it will only work when gmenu2x is running so it won't solve your problem

Ryo said:
The battery led is used now to notify of disk writes, but even if I change this behaviour to notify of low battery life, it will only work when gmenu2x is running so it won't solve your problem
sure i noticed low battery just before battery died, maybe it was a coincidence?

would it be possible to disable disk write notify so that LED indicator is operational?

Disabling disk write notify wouldn't change a thing.
The led is controlled at application level, not by the firmware (this is if things didn't change in fw3.0) so if it worked it's because of the application that was running at that moment.

I noticed the led issue too, and it's a bit puzzling, especially if it's controlled at an application level as Ryo said. How come the same application showed the low-battery led when executed from the stock launcher, but did not when executed from GMenu2x? Does the stock launcher set some special flags when executing each application?

Ryo said:
Reordering the links is not as easy. All the arrangements would be easier with a totally different management, and I'm thinking about a sqlite backend as I hinted some releases ago.

This has also some drawback like the problem of keeping old links through upgrades which is a must.
An overcomplicated (in terms of programming) but probably very good (in terms of use) way of doing this might be to distribute future updates in packaged executables that you run from the 2x. The idea would be that on running .gpes with a particular identifying mark - say something in the header, or a name format of gmenu2xupdatexxxx.gpe or similar - gmenu2x would dump all current configs to files before running the gpe. The gpe itself would simply do all the copying required, replacing the files currently in use in the same location, then read from the old configs and generate ones that had the old settings, but with the whatever changes the new version required.

Overcomplicated, I know, but would mean that you could change config format (as long as you retained legacy support for older versions in the upgrade program).

Alex. said:
I noticed the led issue too, and it's a bit puzzling, especially if it's controlled at an application level as Ryo said. How come the same application showed the low-battery led when executed from the stock launcher, but did not when executed from GMenu2x? Does the stock launcher set some special flags when executing each application?
Maybe there's a background daemon launched by the stock launcher that I don't know anything about...
If someone has some clear information about this issue, let me know.

Yupp, with the standard Menu, the LED was working the most Time. I forgot, that Gmenu is shut down, when running an App. ^^" So it can't be use the LED to notify low batery of course :lol:
Maybe, for the Future, The devs have to include such a function in all their Apps, some Programms (SquidgeSNES etc. ) already have working Battery warning routines included.

While Hours of Testing Alex' SQDef I had a half dozens of unexpected Battery Death's by the way, thank god he includes a Save-Function in the next release. :lol:

I have an issue, I went to try tv-out via the menu and when I went to play a movie it didnt scale to full screen it played it at 1 quarter the size and in the top left of the screen but if I ran the movie from the stock gp2x menu it worked fine and scaled full screen... whats the qwai?

Sorry I also forgot to mention that this when I was using the cradle.

Hi! I have been using your gmenu2x for a long time and I totally love it! It´s already very good but there is one thing that I think would make it even better. Could it be possible to have kind of folders inside the sectors? They would list as normal links and could be opened in the same way. The x button could be used to get back to the root sector. Why this would be so cool? Well, I think that having so many links in one sector that you have to scroll the screen much is not so good for usability. Also it would make the sectors more organised. You could make folders for different game types and for example Doom needs many different links for all of the different wads(game versions and mods). If this addition wouldn´t be to hard to make the gmenu2x would be perfect in my opinion. :)

Back