Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

Has anybody been successful in compiling an OS X binary for dumpgfx?  I've been talking to pepone and kounch about it, and haven't been able to get it working correctly.

There's one on GP32spain.com, have you tried that one?

That was one that Kounch compiled. He hadn't tested it yet, but when we were trying to work through it, I found that the neither the older nor newer version works correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was one that Kounch compiled. He hadn't tested it yet, but when we were trying to work through it, I found that the neither the older nor newer version works correctly.

Aaahhh, I see, sorry for that. I have no knowledge of OSX or Spanish, I just saw it and thought it might have been what you needed. :(

I hope someone makes a working version as fast as the Windows version appeared. :)

That was one that Kounch compiled.  He hadn't tested it yet, but when we were trying to work through it, I found that the neither the older nor newer version works correctly.

Aaahhh, I see, sorry for that. I have no knowledge of OSX or Spanish, I just saw it and thought it might have been what you needed. :(

I hope someone makes a working version as fast as the Windows version appeared. :)

So do I... I am minimally exceptional when it comes to using computers on that level.

Is the still not a win version of the converter?

It came out the same day as the linux one got released! :D

http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/dumpgfx_win.zip

I was saying that I hope that the OSX gets sorted as quickly for bazuka. Bazuka have you tried the version that Kounch posted today?
Yeah, I tried it. It outputs a file with the same CRC as the one I compiled. Hopefully, there's an NG nerd out there who is also a Mac nerd.

I hate to sound like a idiot, but how do you get it working?

All I get is "couldn't find romrc"

Any Idears?

When you extract dumpgfx_win you should have within the folder, dumpgfx and romrc. Did you delete it?

You need the romrc file for the dumpgfx utility to work.

In command prompt enter dumpgfx nameofyourrom.zip and it will extract the .gfx copy that and your rom.zip to your sd card also check my post here if you haven't already about claiming back some space by putting dummy files in your rom.zip.

Thanks to antidark for the tip. :)

Any Idears?

When you extract dumpgfx_win you should have within the folder, dumpgfx and romrc. Did you delete it?

In command prompt enter dumpgfx nameofyourrom.zip and it will extract the .gfx copy that and your rom.zip to your sd card also check my post here if you haven't already about claiming back some space by putting dummy files in your rom.zip.

I don't get errors.. The gfx file is the same size. It just flat out doesn't work.

I already replied about the dummy files.

Any Idears?

I don't get errors.. The gfx file is the same size. It just flat out doesn't work.

I already replied about the dummy files.

I'm sorry but this is the windows version I'm replying to Phil about, which works fine for me, are you saying that you've tried it and it doesn't work?

I also hate sounding like an idiot. It just says everytime "Couldn't load nameofrom.zip". I put the roms in the same directory as the program and even typed out the path regardless, but no luck

Oh and i didnt actually type "nameofrom.zip" for those who were wondering ;-)

I also hate sounding like an idiot. It just says everytime "Couldn't load nameofrom.zip". I put the roms in the same directory as the program and even typed out the path regardless, but no luck

Oh and i didnt actually type "nameofrom.zip" for those who were wondering ;-)

did you put them in the "roms" directory of the program? just use the example script in the readme for the script, except change the rom name there to the name of the rom you want to load.

failing that.. try and get selector to work. but i haven't had any luck with that - i prefer the script method.

Ok this is weird, I have used loads of programs like this before, but it just says the same thing everytime no matter what rom I use. Does the rom have to be of a certain version or anything like that (decrypted c roms for example)? Im just baffled, it wont accept anything.

It either tells me its usage, or says cant load the file (no matter what file it is).

Thanks for the help.

Dummy files for games running a GFX file

Did you guys read antidarks post from earlier today, recovers a good lot of space lost by running a rom.zip and .gfx file at the same time as the emulator ignores the uncompressed graphics roms in the zip.

The original post is here and my follow up is directly after it.

If you missed it, it works and it is a great idea. :D

Thanks to antidark. :D

edit fixed link. :)

Ok this is weird, I have used loads of programs like this before, but it just says the same thing everytime no matter what rom I use. Does the rom have to be of a certain version or anything like that (decrypted c roms for example)? Im just baffled, it wont accept anything.

It either tells me its usage, or says cant load the file (no matter what file it is).

Thanks for the help.

The rom contents have to match one of the naming conventions in the romrc file. Open it and check to the rom you are trying to dump.

You did type the .zip part of the instruction, didn't you? Sorry had to check. ;)

What roms have you tried to convert, i can tell if I have been successful and tell you the .zip contents, if it helps.

Was starting to think you were right about the romrc file, but i checked kof97 and its the same filenames as in the kof97 zip file. Yes I did type the .zip part ;).

Tried mslug3.zip garou.zip and kof97.zip

Edit: Just tried aof3.zip and it worked! garou dosent work because the file names in the zip are different from the romrc. So far looks like it was me being silly.

Back