Gngeo2x 0.7 Beta 11

okay, it stopped freezing for me now! Thanks a lot for this great release! Only thing that is not working for me is exiting the emulator to rage2x. It freezes for me then. Might be rage2x though, if noone else experiences the problem I guess I can find a way to get rid of it.

Aruseman said:
Hi Pepone, thanks a lot for all your effort.

do you think that vsync can be implemented now that everything goes 60fps at 200mhz?
If I remember correctly you talked about a sort of easy add to the code, I think that it could be a definitive improvement in the whole experience!

Thanks a lot,

Aruseman
Vsync is already there ;) see in Rage2x or line option "--vsync"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z said:
Aruseman said:
Hi Pepone, thanks a lot for all your effort.

do you think that vsync can be implemented now that everything goes 60fps at 200mhz?
If I remember correctly you talked about a sort of easy add to the code, I think that it could be a definitive improvement in the whole experience!

Thanks a lot,

Aruseman
Vsync is already there ;) see in Rage2x or line option "--vsync"

This beta use Notaz code to force the lcd refresh rate to 60hz.
the result looks ok to me.

xnopasaranx said:
okay, it stopped freezing for me now! Thanks a lot for this great release! Only thing that is not working for me is exiting the emulator to rage2x. It freezes for me then. Might be rage2x though, if noone else experiences the problem I guess I can find a way to get rid of it.
I have the same issue sometimes, but not systematically. Now that in game freeze is fixed, that's my priority.
Ho, and for those with distorted sound, I think I've found the bug, it should be ok in the next release :)

pepone said:
Ho, and for those with distorted sound, I think I've found the bug, it should be ok in the next release :)
Cool, that was the only thing keeping this version from being near perfect. Can't wait for this fix, will be great :)

fail 2 games, Pop Bounce no sound in game, and Sengoku 3 in Stage 4
music is broken (it sounds a strong noise repeatedly)

Thanks for your work, it is a great emulator.

Yorper said:
antaresuk said:
awesome. If only I could figure out how to get rid of the memory card save messages in league bowling it would be perfect.

Easy, set the uni-bios to be arcade and not console. I dont get any messages about memory cards like that :)

I changed the system setting in rage2x.cfg to be arcade and country USA - but I still get the memory card save message. I also tried the unibios and got the same :(

Additional: Unibios is 2.2 and it says Europe region mode console. I dont see anywhere to change the unibios to mode arcade. Am I missing a rom or something?

pepone are you using the same DrZ80 and Cyclone core from the newest version of MAME Gp2x? this will correct the problem in sound for aerofighter2 & 3, no?

antaresuk said:
Yorper said:
antaresuk said:
awesome. If only I could figure out how to get rid of the memory card save messages in league bowling it would be perfect.

Easy, set the uni-bios to be arcade and not console. I dont get any messages about memory cards like that :)

I changed the system setting in rage2x.cfg to be arcade and country USA - but I still get the memory card save message. I also tried the unibios and got the same :(

Additional: Unibios is 2.2 and it says Europe region mode console. I dont see anywhere to change the unibios to mode arcade. Am I missing a rom or something?

you have to change the region in Unibios settings. To acces to the unibios setting after launching your game in the first green screen press A+X+B or in game press START+A+X+B

pepone said:
shinra said:
thanks fo the release, its working fine it seems, but, could you add a 3thr button to the service mode button combo?, sometimes i acidentally push the stick while evading in kof or samurai shodow 4(pressing R at the same thime) :(
Ok, I note that for the next release ;)

thanks, maybe adding custom configuration for R and L so i can bind them 3 buttons or diferent button combos not just ab and cd coud be a good idea.

Yod4z said:
pepone are you using the same DrZ80 and Cyclone core from the newest version of MAME Gp2x? this will correct the problem in sound for aerofighter2 & 3, no?

antaresuk said:
Yorper said:
antaresuk said:

you have to change the region in Unibios settings. To acces to the unibios setting after launching your game in the first green screen press A+X+B or in game press START+A+X+B

ok done that - unibios now europe arcade. But I still get the memory card prompt. I did a complete reset but it is still the same.

Thanks for this awesome emulator. It works perfectly for me, and I have only a little complaint.

What about the USB game pad support? Can I control the second player with the USB gamepad? Currently, both the USB gamepad and the Gp2x pad control the first player. Can I change this behaviour, or do I need a second USB gamepad?

Many Thanks!

antaresuk said:
ok done that - unibios now europe arcade. But I still get the memory card prompt. I did a complete reset but it is still the same.
the best part is, league bowling only needs the memory card in order to save the weight of your ball, i don't think it saves game progress or anything :lol:

have you tried other region settings? try a clean install too, with just league bowling and whatever bios files.

also league bowling had a multi-link feature, would that mess things up at all?

Yorper said:
antaresuk said:

Really and I thought it was just something I had to live with... however... I have always set the uni-bios to arcade and I still get the memory card message. But then it also asks about loading from the memory card at the being of the game too... sooooo... I guess there is a problem.

xenon_soft said:
The problem I have is that when I exit the emulator, it freezes but RAGE doesn't appear...
Did you have enable AUTO RELOAD GUI option ?
I know I've a crappy english but it is wrote in INFO.TXT file
CODE
Q: Why RAGE2X is not launched when I quit GNGEO2X emulator?
A: Check if you have enable "AUTO RELOAD GUI" option and dont rename RAGE2X.GPE in another name.

;)

Thanks for another great release pepone. This is my favourite emulator on the :gp2x Didn't even know the Neogeo existed till I tried your emulator, now I am a convert. The only problem for me is the sound problems bothe with occasional crackling and it not working in Aerofighters 2 and 3 (though that could be my roms). Looking forward to your next release and keep up the good work.

very nice release,
i only have a problem, i cannot dump gfx anymore... how much free space do i need on the sd card ?..
i got 200 mb free but each time i hit "b" it says it cannot dump :(
also burning fight quits after apprx 30 secs into startin it...

pongplaya said:
very nice release,
i only have a problem, i cannot dump gfx anymore... how much free space do i need on the sd card ?..
i got 200 mb free but each time i hit "b" it says it cannot dump :(
also burning fight quits after apprx 30 secs into startin it...
Gfx dump might be broken in this beta, I didn't check it. But I don't see why it would.

I'll check the burning fight bug.

Back