Golden Pandora Alert!

Man, the red one is too awesome.

If I ever lay my eyes upon a real red pandora, heads will be blown.

It's so purdy! Good job. What's the recipe?

Basically this here. Obviously you'll need to dissemble your Pandora and remove the innards. Just leave the hinge intact with the LCD cable still coiled inside. You should mostly only paint the outside of the case. The only inside part that needs to be painted is the outer rim of the inside of back of the lid (if that makes any sense), as this part is visible from the outside (something I didn't realize until I put mine back together).

It's probably not worth it unless you've already voided your warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically this here. Obviously you'll need to dissemble your Pandora and remove the innards. Just leave the hinge intact with the LCD cable still coiled inside. You should mostly only paint the outside of the case. The only inside part that needs to be painted is the outer rim of the inside of back of the lid (if that makes any sense), as this part is visible from the outside (something I didn't realize until I put mine back together).

It's probably not worth it unless you've already voided your warranty.

Monterey Blue Panda here I come!!!

Edit: With freaking Pearlescent White trim!!! SWEET!!!

I wonder how may OS bug fixes I could trade for a Blue case
wink.gif

Assuming the clear coat is nice and tough and will stand up to use they do look good.

That blue one looks really nice

edit: and the white one! gimmie!

BLUEONENOAPLZ

Edit: Actually, transparent or translucent blue would be nice, to match my DS ;)

Everyone stuck in a monochrome world?

I've said it before - we have a retro gaming device. Make it look retro.

Bakelite swirl colored anyone?

Or for the ultimate 70's look...

Take handfuls of random colored plastic pellets, mix them up and put them through the injector then don't paint the results. It should look something like the swirled pattern on old bowling balls if you take off the gloss.

Or maybe a steam punk twist...

Paint the keyboard surround, battery cover, shoulder buttons, stylus and monitor surround/bezel in copper-metallic. Paint everything else in a rosewood color with black grain highlights.

I also like the retro style paint shop render jobs done a year+ ago that gave a salute to the old consoles and computers of the 70's.

Very smexy... I like the blue and golden one the most.

Sadly I must admit I really won't care much for the color as long as I just get my Pandora...

The day I get it my head will explode from the immense dose of awesomeness.

I would like to get the blue one, thats the same colour i would get my Nintendo 3DS...

Or the grey one in front of the picture..

the golden one looks to much like an hip hopper handheld.. :unsure:

(bling bling, you know??)

the original colour is also superb: Black like in black metal B)

I wonder how may OS bug fixes I could trade for a Blue case
wink.gif

Assuming the clear coat is nice and tough and will stand up to use they do look good.
Dev fund bling! Good idea.

Everyone stuck in a monochrome world?

Bakelite swirl colored anyone?

<snip>
this

Absolutely! (also, check the comments at the end for some newer ones that I hadn't spotted before)
Ah! The golden days when Asmo was happy. :blink:

How I lol'd at one of my comments. "...but I won’t be sure until after Christmas." :D This was October 2009. :rolleyes:

Darn I forgot to qualify the year again. :p

I also like the retro style paint shop render jobs done a year+ ago that gave a salute to the old consoles and computers of the 70's.

Absolutely! (also, check the comments at the end for some newer ones that I hadn't spotted before)

How I lol'd at one of my comments. "...but I won’t be sure until after Christmas." :D This was October 2009. :rolleyes:

That is the exact year+ old thread I was thinking of - thank you for pulling it back out!

Back to waiting. For a black on black one. With no screen printing. 2 years and 2 months to the day since I ordered.

Does anyone still do Bakelite anymore for anything? I've always thought it had a cool look to it.

That is the exact year+ old thread I was thinking of - thank you for pulling it back out!

Back to waiting. For a black on black one. With no screen printing. 2 years and 2 months to the day since I ordered.

Does anyone still do Bakelite anymore for anything? I've always thought it had a cool look to it.
Black on black with no paint has been mentioned but no picture or further discussion on it has resulted. I hope for black on black minus paint with that electrosparkle finish.

I'd go with this color if it didn't look so 'glittery' in person.

It's just the way the flash from the camera is reflecting off it. The photo also makes it look kind of "speckled", but in person it's just solid, dark red. I'll probably eventually take a better picture.

I really like dark red, not enough devices come in dark red.

Pretty much my entire reasoning. I actually wish I had gone just a shade darker.

Wood paneling. But make mine pine. I can't afford cherry.

Back