Gpfinalwar 0.6 B

I absolutely love this game, once i get to reviewing it on my site, it will be given a 9/10.

There is something so satisfying about building a giant army of tanks, sending all of them at once and leveling the opposition.

The "thumbnail" map dosn't seem to be workig - a key element in a RTS. Without it i found the game to be unplayable.

My suggestion reguarding the 3 modes with the toolbar :

One mode with no tool bar

One mode with the toolbar, but with the pointer on the map

One mode with the toolbar, with the pointer on the toolbar.

I think you should cut out the first or second mode.

Wow - there's still a lot of work I guess...

But I'd need more info about the bugs, for example, which war factory has trouble ?? Or what exactly is the thumbnail map ?? (the one before the game starts, or the in-game one ?) On which map does it do that ??

That's hard work to debug all this, there are a lot of possibilities, that's why I need as much info as I can get for each bug. Thanks.

davey g posted on Aug 23 2004 at 11:00 PM said:
The thumbnail map works for me nearly all of the time. The biggest problem for me is that eventually my vehicles will get built but not come out of the factory. And saving doesn't work for me or maybe it is not implemented yet. Btw. game supports only mods or I can use xm as well ?
And at the end - thanks for thatd game it is so cool. Somehow i would improve the gfx, maybe not the gfx itself but colors. It should be more colorful but thats only a minor suggestion because this game kicks ass anyway ;)
Yep thats true, especially the mobile oil tank or whatever it's called. It always happend when i build a war factory (has the problem with the light and heavy version of war factory) at the real top of the screen (it's somehow half hidden beyond the screen border). I've noticed that actually this version allows somehow to overlap buldings or it looks like they overlap. Maybe thats the reason. ? I would suggest also to add possibility to sell or at least remove the wall. I always build wall around oil source and when my oil machine is destroyed I cant send there another one :)
Would be also great to do something with fonts, they are not readable.

And btw. rain effect just kicks ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
mATkEUpON posted on Aug 23 2004 at 11:04 PM said:
Or what exactly is the thumbnail map ??
The thumb nail map is the mini-map in the top-rigtht corner of the screen when you are playing and have the toolbar showing

davey g posted on Aug 23 2004 at 11:00 PM said:
The biggest problem for me is that eventually my vehicles will get built but not come out of the factory.
That happens only if the electric supply is too low (you see your radar map buzzing).

In the Double helix mission in which you have to "clear the area!!!!" my gp32_console reboots every time i attack the enemy base (i saved right before that attack, and it reboots every time :( )
The resources could look more *significant*, it´s hard to find them (and it took me several hrs to recognize them the first time
The Atomic missile of the EAX is much too strong, it should cost something (1500 units ?) and you should have to place a beacon be4 launch.

Anyway, i love it.

Back