Gpsp2x Goes Public With V9008!

Yesterday I had played alot Metroid Fusion. It has hanged a few times. Later and today it didn't crash. Today I think I try version 9008 and see what's happening.
I Play with fast Ram-Timings and 266MHz. I like my Power Adapter. :) I usually have manual FS1 which is fine in Metroid but in Sector 4 ingame, everything went sloooooowwwww. Maybe because of the Sound, maybe because of complicated Game-gfx effects, I don't know. A short Time Auto-Frameskip 2 was better, smoother but the sound was more glitchy. With manual FS sound was less glitchy sometimes more, sometimes not. I think EVERYTHING depends on what's going on ingame :lol: It's always different.

And SOUND OFF brings absolutely ZERO Speed increase for me. :lol: -If I belive the FPS counters (I know, they are not nearly accurate. ) But I also doesn't feel better performance without Sound like in other emulators.
Haven't found Metroid Fusion in the rom-cfg-file, maybe it's good or bad, I don't know...

hey zod! You need to edit your first post in this thread again. It shows gpsp_v9008 but actually opens v9007 in the link. This might get people confused. Kudos for the new release though.

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 17 2007 at 04:08 PM said:
hey zod! You need to edit your first post in this thread again. It shows gpsp_v9008 but actually opens v9007 in the link. This might get people confused. Kudos for the new release though.
mm..right..where's 9008 download link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games are getting frozen with this new release.However im using less overclocking so i dont understand it... im making 220 OC only.

A lot of people are having this problem. Its hard to track down. If you can cause it to happen at the same time in the same game, over and over again, tell Zod the details so he can try to fix it.

I for one have never had this problem in a game...weird.

so zod can you find out whats wrong with teen titans 2?
also mario pary advance has graphical giltches untill you play a board

In my search for a rom that freezes everytime, I found that (0166) Gadget Racers (USA) freezes every time at the *Press Start* screen, pressing start freezes the GP2X requiring a power cycle.

Not too bothered about being able to play it, its not exactly a great game, just thought it might help :)

White Demon posted on Mar 16 2007 at 11:35 PM said:
Is this new version 9008 supposed to be faster? Because I've found that my games run, on average about 10fps SLOWER than in v9006. I've tried deleting config files, making sure the settings are the same etc, but nothing works, it's still slower.

Why is this version slower than before?
yeah me too

washo posted on Mar 17 2007 at 07:57 PM said:
how much CPU would it take to have something like bilinear filtering?
it would be better if smoother I think

see you :lol:

I would say : forget about it :)

But seeing as it runs well for an early beta on a single processor, maybe someone one day will have time to waste and use the 2nd processor for screen filtering :)

Blah posted on Mar 17 2007 at 03:25 AM said:
I can easily patch a certain rom to freeze every time, but that would be useless as it has nothing to do with the real problem.

So you need to make sure that it is indeed freezing for the same reason (that its not just a bad rom).

Kingdom Hearts freezes everytime in the same spot during the intro. First you see the Hero, the Pluto and the screen starts to get funky colors and blocks, and then you see Goofy and then it freezes... Might be another reason tough since its a video?

I think this is pretty high CPU usage.
but as it has been said, with the 2nd core, it might be possible to do something.
Anyway this emu is already wonderful...Of course it still needs improvments but I do trust Zodttd and Im sure he will give us a marvellous emu.
Keep it up

see you :lol:

Back