Here Is What Will Be Happening.

Dunny said:
calc84maniac said:
but I'd like to see an instance of when the Bible was abused, if you can find one.

Give me a few hours, I can get a pic of me abusing a bible. Which would you like to see on top?

D.

that is wrong on so many levels...

@fiori_musicali: "It's still marginally better than defying reality altogether, such as biological evolution." evolution takes much more faith than any religion. our best and brightest can't even create a cell (not to mention evolving cells). cells transforming by themselves is absolutely nonsensical. cells being formed by nothing... well that's altogether preposterous. i don't understand how so many don't think that there was a divine something that created this world and the creatures on it. i'd like to hear an argument about how the universe was created, that'd be amusing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
calc84maniac said:
but I'd like to see an instance of when the Bible was abused, if you can find one.

Give me a few hours, I can get a pic of me abusing a bible. Which would you like to see on top?

D.

Careful there :lol:

fraseyboy said:
Why is it that people who I really don't like always turn out to be heavily Christian?
maybe you're a muslim radical terrorist perchance? very rude and uncalled for statement bub. no, i'm not a christian, i'm searching around right now. currently reading the torah, bible, and qur'an. i just don't understand how anyone can be an atheist.

@zevdawg: basically the pandora team was scared because the chinese corporation sent crappy cases to them. but all is swell and dandy, and they'll be making the real cases soon, and hopefully shipping them before the chinese new year.

aesir911 said:
no, i'm not a christian, i'm searching around right now. currently reading the torah, bible, and qur'an. i just don't understand how anyone can be an atheist.

[quote name='aesir911' date='09 February 2010 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1265693887']
evolution takes much more faith than any religion.
[/quote]

Of topic: Maybe I can suggest that you would read a book about evolution as well. Perhaps "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution".

On topic: How many cases do we think the chinese can ship before CNY? More than a 1000?

aesir911 said:
fraseyboy said:
Why is it that people who I really don't like always turn out to be heavily Christian?
maybe you're a muslim radical terrorist perchance? very rude and uncalled for statement bub. no, i'm not a christian, i'm searching around right now. currently reading the torah, bible, and qur'an. i just don't understand how anyone can be an atheist.

I must be. A rude one who states statements which should not be stated within the states. I just don't understand how anyone can be a creationist. And frankly I can't stand those who follow a creator blindly, mostly for social reasons. Maybe I'm jealous of their happiness.

Good luck with your search.

AND CUT. Religion ends here imho.

@Xenu I'm hoping for at least 3900 or so since my order number is probably around there. But I know that wont happen, unless they are struck by a severe case of good luck.

Xenu said:
aesir911 said:
no, i'm not a christian, i'm searching around right now. currently reading the torah, bible, and qur'an. i just don't understand how anyone can be an atheist.

Of topic: Maybe I can suggest that you would read a book about evolution as well. Perhaps "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution".

On topic: How many cases do we think the chinese can ship before CNY? More than a 1000?

that was a horrible book. the god delusion is much more convincing, still altogether preposterous though. may i suggest reading the new evidence which demands a verdict and the dawkins delusion. whatever, i'm done. everyone is titled to their own opinions. we'll all find out someday i guess.

anyways, i was under the impression that all were going to be made and shipped at the same time. not sure though. i know that MWeston said that 1,000 boards were being populated with components last week in Texas. perhaps that's where you got the 1,000 idea from?

aesir911 said:
Xenu said:
aesir911 said:

that was a horrible book. the god delusion is much more convincing, still altogether preposterous though. may i suggest reading the new evidence which demands a verdict and the dawkins delusion. whatever, i'm done. everyone is titled to their own opinions. we'll all find out someday i guess.

anyways, i was under the impression that all were going to be made and shipped at the same time. not sure though. i know that MWeston said that 1,000 boards were being populated with components last week in Texas. perhaps that's where you got the 1,000 idea from?

wow. and here I thought that generally people into the linux / homebrew scene would have some level of intelligence. here's one for the ignore list.

Paradox said:
wow. and here I thought that generally people into the linux / homebrew scene would have some level of intelligence. here's one for the ignore list.

then ignore it... why respond?

aesir911 said:
They were originally going to push for 1,000 cases before CNY. They (OP Ltd) revised this to a batch of 500 instead, which Craig is hoping will leave China on Friday. The remainder of the cases will ship after CNY.

Gruso said:
aesir911 said:
They were originally going to push for 1,000 cases before CNY. They (OP Ltd) revised this to a batch of 500 instead, which Craig is hoping will leave China on Friday. The remainder of the cases will ship after CNY.

ah, thanks Gruso. my approximate queue position is 2050 - 2150, when will i be getting my pandora do you think (ideally). end of march early april?

Gruso said:
aesir911 said:

REALLY? The factory can only do 500 between now and CNY? I thought I read somewhere they could do 1000 a day...

Gruso said:
aesir911 said:
I haven't been on for a day, but I thought the 500 number was only because he thought they were going to be flawed. Now that they are happy with the production quality, did they say it was still going to be only 500?

Edit @ Gruso: Yeah, just found the post... a lot happens if you miss a day it seems. Damn, I am just on the other side... maybe they'll get more than 500 <crosses fingers>.

The factory can do much more than that, I think OP Ltd are just playing it safe. Remember that we're making a leap from "those" rev3 cases to the finished product. Doing all 4,000 in one hit would be a little nerve wracking I reckon. Also, the less they make, the more likely they are to ship something before CNY. Here's the quote:

craigix said:
Well all that is needed is the cases. The boards are sitting populated and ready.

We are pushing them to ship us 500 on friday.

That craigix quote doesn't explain the rationale behind it though. I still thought there was hope that since they were green lighted they'd try to produce 1000/day and ship them out each day, to try and ensure they'll get to the US?

500 doesn't seem to make sense anymore now that we've been reassured that the cases will improve in mass-production. What're they doing for five days but spinning their wheels?

What has happened to the prospect of them working over Chinese New Year?

Dead1nside said:
That craigix quote doesn't explain the rationale behind it though. I still thought there was hope that since they were green lighted they'd try to produce 1000/day and ship them out each day, to try and ensure they'll get to the US?

500 doesn't seem to make sense anymore now that we've been reassured that the cases will improve in mass-production. What're they doing for five days but spinning their wheels?

What has happened to the prospect of them working over Chinese New Year?
It was said that production wasn't the main time hurdle, but proper packaging and shipping of the cases. If you rush it you'll get a shoddy result. It kinda defeats the purpose of all this case design, if they get messed up in the post production process. The post is around, I am just to busy to find it right now.

Not to mention proper Quality Control, we don't want them to rush that either.

No, in this case, getting it done right is better than getting it done fast; the devil is in the logistics, the stuff we often don't think about.

Edit @ Na-Noo: If you look up, I also asked if it was a remnant of the "500 imperfect" scenario. I responded in the other thread with what I thought was going on with this 500, no need to repost here.

Back