Humble mozilla Bundle

oxym

I've just came across the announcement that there was launched a "Humble mozzilla Bundle" (https://www.humblebundle.com/)

All the games are playable in a browser, so I suppose they should be perfectly playable on Pandora.

I think it would be good if more games would be released in the same manner.

The games can be event tried out before purchasing, so someone with Pandora should be able to check which of them are playable.

unfortunately I got the steam version of most of these games due to previous bundle... and I'm more fond of installed games...

and being playable on a browser do not mean you can play them on the pandora, trough some might

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this for FTL alone - even though I bought FTL on GOG, this comes with Linux version. I'm hoping that on the Pyra with a bigger display and that x86 Linux emu would mean I could take FTL on the go :)

Thought the Pyra had a 720p display with a HDMI out port (assuming that supports 1080p). In which case, FTL should be okay, no?

Is it possible to run these asm.js games outside of the browser? Can Spidermonkey be split from Firefox like Flash was for Flashenv?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure whether something like this exists, but in theory it possible for sure.

But probably you would need to take most of firefox's render engine, I expect you would essentially end up with a firefox without UI.

Spidermonkey can be built independently of firefox (or whatever flavour of mozilla browser you're making) but it pulls in a fair amount of generic code since it's tied into the operation of the DOM pretty tightly.  It's not the same as flash, which runs in a little window that the browser delegates to it, javascript works by modifying the DOM model of the web page, so you pretty much need a full web browser to use it.

Spidermonkey can be built independently of firefox (or whatever flavour of mozilla browser you're making) but it pulls in a fair amount of generic code since it's tied into the operation of the DOM pretty tightly.  It's not the same as flash, which runs in a little window that the browser delegates to it, javascript works by modifying the DOM model of the web page, so you pretty much need a full web browser to use it.

Too bad. I tried both Firefox and Qupzilla. No luck getting the demos to run.

According to https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/203331430 , required resolution is 720p, so I guess that most of the games should be playable on Pyra and some on Pandora
You don't understand what I am trying to say.

I'm talking about screen size, not resolution. 

A screen like the Pyra one will anyway be too small to enjoy FTL on it. If you have ever played it before you'll know what I mean. 

A screen like the Pyra one will anyway be too small to enjoy FTL on it. If you have ever played it before you'll know what I mean.
I've played it extensively. I have no idea what you mean. Rooms are actually quite large and should be easy to poke, there aren't any especially small buttons that would be hard to hit, text is actually quite large relative to other applications. If you are having some trouble hitting a very specific target just pause and keep trying until you get it, there's no rush. Seems to me that it should have no problem fitting on a 5" screen.

I've played it extensively. I have no idea what you mean. Rooms are actually quite large and should be easy to poke, there aren't any especially small buttons that would be hard to hit, text is actually quite large relative to other applications. If you are having some trouble hitting a very specific target just pause and keep trying until you get it, there's no rush. Seems to me that it should have no problem fitting on a 5" screen.
Look, I talked with the developer himself and screen size was a problem enough for them to drop Android / Phone versions and focus on tablets only. But yeah, you have no idea what I mean :)

Look, I talked with the developer himself and screen size was a problem enough for them to drop Android / Phone versions and focus on tablets only. But yeah, you have no idea what I mean :)
Too bad. I looked at the dependancies, and they are quite light. Should be an not-to-difficult port (with sources access of course). For screen size, I don't know. Maybe there are solution, with temporary zoom? don't know I have to play a bit first to be sure...

Too bad. I looked at the dependancies, and they are quite light. Should be an not-to-difficult port (with sources access of course). For screen size, I don't know. Maybe there are solution, with temporary zoom? don't know I have to play a bit first to be sure...
Yeah basically it runs on SDL. Nothing too fancy in terms of dependencies, but it's just unplayable on a small screen because so many icons would be extremely tiny. Note that for the Ipad version the completely redesigned the interface. 

Back