I Am Not Canceling

I feigned my $380 the second it left my hands, because I "trust" you guys. My cutoff date is graduation, but I'm a junior in high school.

If by some crazy chance OP were a scam, you would have earned the money by all the trouble you went to, making fake units and inventing all of this Chinese insanity, ;)

Ollonk said:
RoboShmup said:
I love waiting! When my Pandora finally arrives, I'll just send it back and ask them to ship it to me in two months.

I almost laughed out loud at that one. (In part due to the avatar.)

Same.

I WILL not BE cancelING!
(in other words: I'm sticking with you guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
if for some reason this project reaches the 2 year mark before i get my pandora it will be hard to wait but....

yes i will wait for ever

these losers who order then wait 2 months then complain that the $300
is too much of a financial strain then cancel because that 2 months was just too long
are just lame.

hch said:
same here. but man, you should have worded the subtitle differently :eek:

O, did I misconstrue something? :mellow: It seemed straightforward to me. I meant to shorten this: "I will wait for the Pandora for however long it takes."

I'll never cancel my order, infact I plan to buy a second one as soon as my first one arrives for definate and I have a couple of friends who want one but they're waiting to see my pandora first :)

Canceling would feel like stealing to me - I've already gotten my money's worth from the anticipation, dreams, and forum browsing. Additionally, I wish I could order everything months in advance - when it arrives, it's going to feel like it was free!

dschroeter said:
Canceling would feel like stealing to me - I've already gotten my money's worth from the anticipation, dreams, and forum browsing. Additionally, I wish I could order everything months in advance - when it arrives, it's going to feel like it was free!

Hrmm... <_< You make a fantastic point. +1 for ordering in advance.

XxionxX said:
dschroeter said:

Hrmm... <_< You make a fantastic point. +1 for ordering in advance.

Very interesting. Good point. +2
It has almost became a way of life for me, except I'm pretty much just hanging out in the IRC now.

skeezix said:
Alerino -- whats your order number?

<sorry, couldn't resist. Naturally, I wll obtain all your order #'s and built into the firmware that if you ever let it find out what yours is, it will lock your clock to 14mhz, muahuahua>

You want to see Sensible Soccor on Pandora? Do ya? WC2? Sindicate? /me brings the pain!

jeff

DO IT!!!!

That was the first batch will always be known as untouchable! If I don't own it, NO ONE will!

I didnt read the whole thread so excuse me if this has already been posted.

Code:
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

No!, I will NEVER cancel, EVER.

But then again, You have to order to be able to cancel, Don`t you ?.

I did originally pre-order way back when pre-ordering first went live,
But decided not to re-pre-order once i had received my refund, For a
number of reasons really (but definitely not for the lack of faith).

1) I already have too many gadgets, And not really enough time to use most of them.

2) I am not a coder, So at that time, I felt i would not be any benefit to the community
as an early adopter, As coding skills are really needed when a device such as the Pandora
is first released, Especially since software is in very short supply at that initial stage.

3) During the time between first pre-ordering and receiving my refund, It gave me a little
time to have a good think. I have never pre-ordered anything ever, So have always been one
of these people only ever order something that has actually been released. So yeah, you could
say, I got cold feet. :(

But i will definitely be ordering one (not too sure which batch), As it is the device i have
been dreaming of for the last twenty year or so.

Come-on mass production, Go Go Go, So i can get my grubby mitts on this ultimate portable device. :D

Trooper

I'm definitely going to stick around for a while. I would like the Pandora to replace my aging and failing Dell Axim X5 - darn touch screen and backup battery don't work. Back in 2002, I paid about the same for the little PDA and its accessories. The Dell Axim isn't nearly as impressive as the Pandora, software or hardware-wise compared to the Pandora's built-in wifi and bluetooth that, hopefully won't drain the batter in twenty minutes has enough ram to load wikipedia. The gaming controls are a nice bonus too. Only HP makes any PDAs anymore. Their cheapest one is only $30 cheaper than the Pandora and it's running the obsolete Windows Mobile 6. I would still need to buy a keyboard after it too to suit my needs. I also don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for a smartphone that doesn't have a keyboard or be forced into a data plan that I won't use. Simply put, if I can get a Pandora in my hands I think the device will suit me well. So, go EvilDragon, craigix, and the rest of the team - keep it up, the finish line is in sight.

I'm going to get one no matter what!!!!
It's one those devices that in ten years nerdy people(the only people to buy one) will look back on and say...."damn, that was good"
I know that the first batch will be shipping in a few weeks/months but I'm wondering WHEN IS THE SECOND BATCH COMING?!?!?!!
I don't have the money for the first one!

skeezix said:
The 'to the metal' rev2 pcb I have (red pcb, no case/nubs/keyb/etc) is a speed _demon_ -- barely an OS, just a kernel running on it, its goddamned fast, as I said a year or more back
I'm just curious why the OS would make a difference?
Is it that it flexes the processor in ways that the 'skinny' kernel never?

Back