I Got It!

Bosbeetle said:
Andy G said:
What happened to the live webcam feed of the production line?

There is no wireless in the hall

You're saying all this chatter about a live webcam feed and how it's ED that is going to set it up so it has to wait until he gets there and on and on and on and they didn't even plan AT ALL for how they were going to make it work? Surely they didn't overlook something as simple as "is Internet Access available at the hall", did they?

It seems more likely that they have just decided they don't want us to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
Bosbeetle said:
Andy G said:

You're saying all this chatter about a live webcam feed and how it's ED that is going to set it up so it has to wait until he gets there and on and on and on and they didn't even plan AT ALL for how they were going to make it work? Surely they didn't overlook something as simple as "is Internet Access available at the hall", did they?

There is wi-fi at the hall, but ED couldn't get it to connect reliably.

Monk said:
Bosbeetle said:
Andy G said:

Maybe its just mweston who seems to be a bit camera shy :D

Funny thing is they said laptops didnt have enough signal but the pandora does :D

Gruso said:
Jeez Monk, you're running around biting at threads like an angry chihuahua. Stop being so cynical about everything and have a nice cup of tea.

I don't drink tea - but what's cynical about thinking they might not want to be on the Pandora edition of "Big Brother"?

I deliberately (thought I'd) left that comment barb-free!

Bosbeetle said:
Maybe its just mweston who seems to be a bit camera shy :D

Ah, see, now THAT seems logical enough to me! It's not about being cynical or hopelessly optimistic, it's about joining up the dots that OP don't connect for us using the data available. MWeston's infamous camera-shyness adds credence to my "don't want us to see" angle, IMHO. Or maybe he's not ALLOWED to be seen on camera? I assume they have a version of the "Official Secrets Act" where he comes from?

Bosbeetle said:
Funny thing is they said laptops didnt have enough signal but the pandora does :D

I thought I'd read something like that, but couldn't be bothered to search for a quote-and if I don't supply a quote I get poked at for spreading rumours. If I DO provide a quote I get poked at for being too desperate to discredit aour Pandoria overlords. Or being too cynical. There's no winning for a humble Monk ;)

PS thanks for the belittling "angry chihuahua" remark Gruso. It's appreciated. It really REALLY helps.[/sarcasm]

Monk said:
Bosbeetle said:

I thought I'd read something like that, but couldn't be bothered to search for a quote-and if I don't supply a quote I get poked at for spreading rumours. If I DO provide a quote I get poked at for being too desperate to discredit aour Pandoria overlords. Or being too cynical. There's no winning for a humble Monk ;)
Well, there is a difference between posting a message and streaming a video.

Caine said:
Monk said:
Bosbeetle said:

Well, there is a difference between posting a message and streaming a video.

Hey! Bosbettle said it, not me! ;)

I'm going to go watch some more LOST. At least THAT is comparatively free of machinations! ;)

Monk said:

I'm going to go watch some more LOST. At least THAT is comparatively free of machinations! ;)
Indeed. Hmmm... I overquoted :)

Still have to catch up on LOST, got bored with it during the second season. Apparently I quit just before it got better again.

Monk -- his sentiment was on target I think; relax a little bit. After waiting so long, try having a little bit more patience; I know its hard :)

The hall has spotty wifi at best; we all know how these things go -- you can try to ramp out the wattage of the AP to get better send, but getting the signal back is still up to your devices; you could track down a high gain atenna; you could get a repeater or two, but of course the big guys try to suppress wifi repeating stations since they want you to buy big expensive products instead, that you dont' need; so compatibility is spotty, and you end up with custom firmware ... and oh _Wait_, weren't you supposed to be trying to build pandoras, instead of spending a day working on getting a webcam working?

ED has limited time.. a week or so at the hall; best using those days wisely, I say :)

jeff

Caine said:
Monk said:

Indeed. Hmmm... I overquoted :)

Still have to catch up on LOST, got bored with it during the second season. Apparently I quit just before it got better again.

Well, I've just watched the finale and I agree that it got better again - but it the best at the end. Don't get me wrong - the ending was a WHOLE lot better than the end of BattleStar Galactica* IMHO, it just felt a bit of a damp squib.

Ta,

Monk

*Inserted for anyone who NEEDS to see me yap at something in every post.

skeezix said:
Monk -- his sentiment was on target I think; relax a little bit. After waiting so long, try having a little bit more patience; I know its hard :)

I humbly disagree. I don't want to watch them on webcam, and I don't want one of the first 1400 Pandoras. But for the first day in a while I determined to take a few hours to myself - not my clients, not the kids I do volunteer work with, not my own kid, and not even Pandora related projects - just sit back and take things easy a little. See what's happening on the board and who is around to chat on what subject. I haven't started a single thread, or made a single unwarranted barb. I DO feel that I am now being picked on - for participating on the forum.

Yup. I actually have the time to read a whole bunch of threads and comment in several of them because I'm taking as much of a day off as I can, and I get picked on for participating? At least LOST doesn't criticise me for watching TV!

My apologies for having time to spend. I'll try to remember it's best to spend it elsewhere, and to make sure future posts are long well-thought out rants rather than just quick barbless comments.

quartercast said:
Hey, reply to mine beetch!

I'm sorry mate, I didn't have a long rant I could whip up from "sounds crotchtastic". Ummm... Ahhhh... "Yap Yap woof bark howl"?

No - I've got it ! "I reckon the less we hear about your crotch on here, the better!" ;)

Monk -- I didn't read the rest of the thread about you; if you went a little (not a lot) overboard, and peopel jumped all over you.. they've just got nerves too. I didn't mean to 'pick', just meant to pass along that I Think ED has better things to worry about.

Let this thread die, its derailed :)

jeff

Bosbeetle said:

Hey Bosbeetle, I got a screenshot of you with 1234 posts! Mind if I post it? Not here, lol.
Also, perhaps somebody could take a video of Pandora assembly? Doesn't have to be streamed or anything, just showing us what goes into one of these as far as assembly goes.

Jourdy288 said:
Bosbeetle said:

Hey Bosbeetle, I got a screenshot of you with 1234 posts! Mind if I post it? Not here, lol.
Also, perhaps somebody could take a video of Pandora assembly? Doesn't have to be streamed or anything, just showing us what goes into one of these as far as assembly goes.

Cool Im almost at 1234 posts too :D

Back