I Want One

vadsamoht said:
mali said:
@davidro
Nah, I don't talk about other devices, Pandora is best :) But still, I don't have a good feeling regarding the tape as it wasn't part of the original design. The nubs should be better from now on and the batteries for the second batch will be fresh, I think. Empirical studies have proven that everything what _can_ go wrong _does_ go wrong in this project, though :p

That's not true. Some other things have gone wrong as well. :p

Very true. And yet there are hundreds of people who have Pandoras and are enjoying them, writing software for them, etc. I'm optimistic that I will get mine, and it will be awesome, even if it's not before Christmas.

Since I started watching the project pre-pre-orders, the number-of-things-going-wrong per two-months has gotten less and less I think. Eventually it will asymptote near 0, and is getting close to it already. On another forum, the day I joined this one I described the Pandora's progress as "1 step back, 1.1 steps forward" - now I think it's closer to "1 step back, 1.25 steps forward" - And in the middle of crossing the finish line (repeatedly), preparing for the next leg of the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. 2nd batch preorders started and we're like 700 in in production on the first. Hurray for priorities!

davidgro said:
Eventually it will asymptote near 0, and is getting close to it already.

:lol:

No weird problems = no progress.

Ordering from Batch 2 is the only way to be guaranteed of receiving a
Pandora before Christmas.
Ooh, he's going to regret including that. :)

I think a more accurate phrasing would have been "if you don't preorder from batch 2 it's guaranteed you won't receive your Pandora before Christmas"...

davidgro said:
On another forum, the day I joined this one I described the Pandora's progress as "1 step back, 1.1 steps forward" - now I think it's closer to "1 step back, 1.25 steps forward" - And in the middle of crossing the finish line (repeatedly), preparing for the next leg of the race.
OpenPandora: not the fastest production team in the world, but expert at playing QWOP :D

I got my email for preorder but I'm a bit unsure of what to do. Normally, I'd have a friend of my answer my questions, but she's asleep (stupid timezones).

Do I just need to email them back, saying I plan to order and more or less reserve my spot? I got the money in my wallet, but I can't exactly deposit it until tomorrow and I wanna get in on this as soon as possible.

How does one get on the email preorder list? (Long time lurker, first time caller, etc, etc)

I had previously emailed the gp2x team, and was informed that I'd be placed on a notification list, so I thought nothing of it. Now that people are getting theirs, I wonder if I'm just way down the list somewhere.

Gotham said:
I got my email for preorder but I'm a bit unsure of what to do. Normally, I'd have a friend of my answer my questions, but she's asleep (stupid timezones).

Do I just need to email them back, saying I plan to order and more or less reserve my spot? I got the money in my wallet, but I can't exactly deposit it until tomorrow and I wanna get in on this as soon as possible.

Respond to the email you received with the requested information and method of payment. You will then receive a response with your order number. If you are paying via credit card, you will also receive an email from Google Checkout so you can submit your card information.

And done. Thanks for the help, fuji.

Can't wait to get my order number.

Got my order number and paid already, woo hoo I'm getting a Pandora! The wait is going to be horrible though :p

Awesome. Now, how do I get in on this? As Aurekana Said, I have no idea whether I'm on any list or not and I've been looking forward to ordering from batch 2 since batch 1 pre-ordering began (Didn't have the $$ At the time..)

Classic Team said:
Awesome. Now, how do I get in on this? As Aurekana Said, I have no idea whether I'm on any list or not and I've been looking forward to ordering from batch 2 since batch 1 pre-ordering began (Didn't have the $$ At the time..)

At this point, I would simply send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com and request to preorder a second batch Pandora. Please be patient in waiting for a response, from what I can tell there are only 2 people answering hundreds of inquiries so it may take them a little time to get to your email.

Alright, thanks fuji99. I sent an E-mail asking if I could pre-order or be put on a list for pre-ordering of Batch 2 Pandoras. I don't expect a response soon, so I'll wait and give the guys time.

Oh, and Jdbye? When you do get your Pandora, enjoy it. Because if you don't, it might end up missing..... :rolleyes:

Classic Team said:
Alright, thanks fuji99. I sent an E-mail asking if I could pre-order or be put on a list for pre-ordering of Batch 2 Pandoras. I don't expect a response soon, so I'll wait and give the guys time.

Oh, and Jdbye? When you do get your Pandora, enjoy it. Because if you don't, it might end up missing..... :rolleyes:

They are female BTW Jacquelyn and Debs :)

Kagato said:
OpenPandora: not the fastest production team in the world, but expert at playing QWOP :D

That's awesome, I once saw something similar at a science center, but that was mechanical legs attached to bicycle pedals, and like QWOP there were buttons for each piston (in place of muscles)
(like QWOP you could get it going just by alternating between two of the buttons, but the real one needed good timing)

davidgro said:
Kagato said:

That's awesome, I once saw something similar at a science center, but that was mechanical legs attached to bicycle pedals, and like QWOP there were buttons for each piston (in place of muscles)
(like QWOP you could get it going just by alternating between two of the buttons, but the real one needed good timing)

1.8 meters is my best so far. I was laughing too much to do any better.

Got my number and paid for it! I'm all excited knowing I'm now in the waiting game with everyone else.

Hey everyone, I'm new here and i had a few questions about the Pandora. On the website it shows its $330 but a comment above said $350 plus shipping. And i had some questions about availability. So if anybody still visits this thread please respond!

mschmitz said:
Hey everyone, I'm new here and i had a few questions about the Pandora. On the website it shows its $330 but a comment above said $350 plus shipping. And i had some questions about availability. So if anybody still visits this thread please respond!

The last post was only an hour before you, so of course people still view the thread. :p

The website is unfortunately somewhat outdated, unfortunately, although I believe it is scheduled to be updated soon. The price quoted here is the most accurate, as the price on the website is from batch1, and the team have realised that they need to increase the price to make production viable. About availability, you basically can't buy any at the moment, unless you fork out $1000 over ebay for one of the first batch. Your best bet would be to sign up to the newsletter on the website, and ordering info for batch2 should be sent out before long (the people who are recieving preorders now are those that are on the list after missing out on batch1). Be warned that Craig expects batch1 shipping to finish around October, so you will likely be able to expect yours around Christmas at the earliest (and don't quote me on that).

when i paid for mine on google checkout is it normal that you dont get a reciept sent to your email confirming payment cause i never got one but the payment has been sent?

Back