Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume slider/wheel instead of digital controls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frogboy

Wake me when it's over.
Website
Visit site
This is just a hypothetical question but I'd kind of like to know what you all think.

If done properly a digital volume could be quite elegant.

There is no way to pretty up lack of a headphones port.

Frogboy said:
Replying to If You Had To Choose Between Headphone Port And Volume Slider

I do not understand. If I choose volume slider instead the headphone jack, what weird sense have to volume slider when no headphones?

Last edited by a moderator:
peca said:
Frogboy said:
Replying to If You Had To Choose Between Headphone Port And Volume Slider

I do not understand. If I choose volume slider instead the headphone jack, what weird sense have to volume slider when no headphones?
The Pandora has speakers, you might want to adjust the volume of those speakers :)

peca said:
Err... The speakers?

I'd go with volume slider, i have no use for a headphone jack at all.

atomicthumbs said:

what

I have an idea! Let's make a poll:

"Would you rather have a battery or another analog pad?"
Hmm, three analog pads. That might be worth it. :D

Totally worth it, if you put a rotate on them we can finally move in six degrees :p

Seriously though, at that point use a SpaceOrb controller, I found a supplier selling the PSX ones for $1 apiece.

What this is about is the lack of space, and the lack of a 10mm slider volume pot or a Headphones + Mic + Video + UART port that could have an integrated 3.5mm jack.

If we go with an EXT port and a Headphones jack, then there won't be room for the volume slider. The other option is put the headphones on the EXT port and always have to use the proprietary adaptor for headphones. The Audio would be two digital buttons then.

Frogboy's hypothesis is that we may have to choose between them.

atomicthumbs said:

what

Hahahaha my thoughts exactly :) They can't remove the headphone jack, and a volume slider is being included because it was a highly requested feature that wasn't in the GP2X (or so I've read). A wheel would be fine with me, but slider looks and feels much better.

A correct poll would be slider vs wheel, but, as I said, it seems the community has already spoken on that front.

atomicthumbs said:

what

This is one of the few times I fully agree with atomicthumbs. Hypothetical or not, this poll is pointless. The inclusion of either of these 2 things are not related to each other. The choice would never be that.

-God Ginrai

squeakypants said:
atomicthumbs said:

what

Hahahaha my thoughts exactly :) They can't remove the headphone jack, and a volume slider is being included because it was a highly requested feature that wasn't in the GP2X (or so I've read). A wheel would be fine with me, but slider looks and feels much better.

A correct poll would be slider vs wheel, but, as I said, it seems the community has already spoken on that front.

I don't think frogboy meant a slider specifically, just a volume control that was hardware connected rather that software.

I've seen some pretty pointless polls in the 4 years I've been on these forums but this has to take the 1st prize :)

FGS stop posting drivel. If I was new to this forum I'd probably run a mile wondering what the hell!

Wait, the Pandora doesn't have a headphone port? I want to use it as an MP3 player too! D:

dabr1dg3x said:
Wait, the Pandora doesn't have a headphone port? I want to use it as an MP3 player too! D:
Maybe no Headphone port but the Pandora will have HUGE Keyboard AND a Touchscreen... ;)

I concur at the polls pointlessness. :rolleyes:

But i`m pretty sure that if the pandora was to lack a headphone jack (or some kind of audio-out), This would upset most (if not all) the people who were planning to use the pandora for some type of audio application, Be it composing, DJing, VJing etc, As there would be no way to connect it to external hardware, Such as speakers, Amplifiers, Mixers etc.

Yes, Yes, I know going through the usb port could be an option, But we`ll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully it won`t come to this, And a 3.5mm headphone jack will be included as standard.

Please Craigix, MWeston and team. :)

Trooper

Back