Release Midori 0.3.6

Isn't it best to have a browser as PND, since a browser installed on the NAND will store everything in the NAND as well (and possibly fill it up)?

Or is it possible to include a browser in the firmware that stores everything on the SD-card? In that case it might still be better to have it as PND to prevent trouble when switching SD's I guess. If you have the wrong SD you also don't have the browser on it, so nothing can get messed up. Also updates can be done without the need of a hotfix.

Well if it stores to SD though the PND is stuck on NAND you'd lose the bookmarks and all the settings if you put the wrong SD in... and it'd create new settings and files on the new PND.

Personally I say bollocks to the NAND, use it and don't be afraid. If it dies use an SD. Or just use an SD in the first place and don't worry about it anyway!

this is a great browser, but the flash player is not perfect. I have a simfy account (www.simfy.ch somethin like spotify). Unfortunately, the flash music player does not work. this is really sad. the pandora would have been the perfect simfy player since the iphone app is crap and crashes all the time.

@cosurgi

nope hasnt crashed on me yet.

flash isnt built in but it is supported if you put the plugin into the right folder in the appdata folder

Excellent browser. The only drawback I see for Midori, compared to Chrome, is that the font rendering is not as readable. In Chrome, the text is always bold enough to be easily readable, zooming or not. With Midori, even when changing the fonts in the prefs, the letters are more thin, which is less comfortable on the small Pandora screen (IMHO). Simple example: the repo site. On Midori, the letters are much more thin which causes eye strain for me. Do you think there would be a way to improve readability by making the texts bolder?

Thanks! :)

Thanks. In fact I already tried various options, and iPhone is generally a good compromise for me, since it allows for example to use Hotmail more efficiently. But the font readability is stil there. I think it's more related to the way Midori renders the fonts.

Are extensions working for anyone else? I want to enable the User Addons extension to use a userscript but when I go to Edit --> Preferences --> Extensions its completely blank. Any ideas? More information about userscripts on Midori here.

Thanks! I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to porting this. :)

not sure if this has been reported, had midori crash after a download had finished, posting out file below.

---------

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop3" "/mnt/utmp/midori"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

** (midori:4980): WARNING **: Error: JSON.parse requires at least one parameter

(midori:4980): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_key_file_load_from_data: assertion `data != NULL' failed

** (midori:4980): WARNING **: No root certificate file is available. SSL certificates cannot be verified.

Gtk:ERROR:gtkfilesystemmodel.c:746:gtk_file_system_model_sort: assertion failed: (r == n_visible_rows)

./run: line 20: 4980 Aborted bin/midori

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/midori': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Has been reported on GP32X, can't debug it right now as my Pandora is still on RMA, haven't had a chance to even test it myself.

@cosurgi

flash isnt built in but it is supported if you put the plugin into the right folder in the appdata folder
Newbie question; from where I get the plugin? Thanks a lot.
Steal it from the Firefox4b10 PND. Check the wiki for how to mount PNDs. Short for time or I'd explain more. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
@cosurgi

An easy way is to just start Firefox 4.0, then go to:

/mnt/utmp/firefox/lib/firefox-4.0b10/plugins

and copy libflashplayer.so into the plugins folder in appdata/midori and rename it to adobeflashplayer.so.

@cosurgi

and copy libflashplayer.so into the plugins folder in appdata/midori and rename it to adobeflashplayer.so.
Thank you very much. I'll try this.

@cosurgi

Thank you very much. I'll try this.
It worked :D Thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction.

I'm having a strange problem where it can't read the bookmarks and thus everytime I start the browser, it'll just give me an error and then start all blank.

"Bookmarks couldn't be loaded: Failed to open database: unable to open database file"

I'm running pandora from the NAND after the latest hotfix beta. Though I am planning on running it from my 32 gig SD card at some point again. Does anyone have any clue as to why this problem started happening? Or how I can fix it?

There's little known about it on the internet, some say it might be permission problems, but I've tried to fix it and came up short :p

Thanks in advance :D

Known problem, have an updated version that I will release when I know it works correctly (a.k.a. when I get my pandora.)

Hello,

It seems that extensions aren't exported, the extension menu is blank and there is no extension panel. I tried copy my extensions (from my laptop) in a lot of folders which could be compatible (/usr/lib/midori , appdata...) but nothing work.

Any idea? I just wanna have a "homepage button" which is a must have for me :unsure:

Plugins are borken in this release. Plugins, speed dial etc. will work in the 0.4 release. When it will be released; I can't say. It won't happen before I get my pandora back from RMA though.

Thanks you for your fast reply :D I will wait with this version even if it a few more month ! Thanks for the work you already provided ;)

Back