Release Midori 0.3.6

Very nice! I liked midori, but it always crashed so I swithced to FF4(For flash also), but now you've fixed both of those poblems! :)

Took some fiddling to get flash player to work, but it's running great now! Do you all have a red rectangle at the top of videos? I also got them in firefox, and I copied the flash player from the firefox pnd; I wasn't able to get it working with an opkg download and rename..

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice browser, I'll keep an eye on this one.

I'm rather a newbie so...

Please explain (or link to a thread) how I can examine the Firefox 4 PND and extract the flash plugin from it. I have tried downloading/extracting and renaming the plugin from the Adobe website but it doesn't work. I also get the red bar in FF4. I've been using the Worker file manager as it's a lot like Directory Opus, and Thunar often decides to stop working. Any recommendations?

Back to this Midori, I would also like the auto-zooming feature. I tried zooming out but it only affects text.

Regardless, thankyou slaeshjag for your work.

or you could download firefox beta pnd and start it, then navigate to filesystem /mnt/utmp/firefox/lib/firefox-4.0b10/plugins

copy libflashplayer.so into plugins folder in appdata/midori and rename it to adobeflashplayer.so

or you could download firefox beta pnd and start it, then navigate to filesystem /mnt/utmp/firefox/lib/firefox-4.0b10/plugins

copy libflashplayer.so into plugins folder in appdata/midori and rename it to adobeflashplayer.so

yup that what i did open firefox and while is running open terminal and do

mkdir /media/SDCARDNAME/pandora/appdata/midori/plugins

cp /mnt/utmp/firefox/lib/firefox-4.0b10/plugins/libflashplayer.so /media/SDCARDNAME/pandora/appdata/midori/plugins/adobeflashplayer.so

on a side note this browser is awsome. pleasure to use cant see me using others again for a while thanks alot

Man this browser is smooth. Was playing some stuff on soundcloud via flash, working really nicely. Not automatically going from song to song, though.

EDIT: The Gawker mobile sites look amazing on this, it's worth putting user agent to "iPhone" to get a load of nice, quick, mobile sites.

Neat !

What is the "flash player" ?

Which version is more recent, "flash player"'s one or firefox ?

Tried those methods. Tested youtube. Just get blackness where the video should be. Should I do it while standing two steps to the right like I'm at the TARDIS console?

Tried those methods. Tested youtube. Just get blackness where the video should be. Should I do it while standing two steps to the right like I'm at the TARDIS console?
You moved libflashplayer.so to /pandora/appdata/midori/plugins and renamed it to adobeflashplayer.so correct? Make sure you typed the name correctly, it should work...

Absolutely, unless one of those lower case Ls is actually an I or something.
adobefiashpiayer :lol:

Huh, does flash work in firefox? If so I have no idea, worked fine for me when I did it that way. Triple check your pathname. I know I've thought I had something spelled correctly after checking it multiple times only to find out later that I hadn't... <_<

Yes, it worked in FF4b10, but Firefox is slow. This version of Midori is lovely and fast..

I think I know why speed dial isn't working as it should, will probably update it "soon" (soon being everything from this afternoon to this weekend)

That's always a possibility. I mean, look at other similarities that they share. The Pandora is also bigger on the inside than on the outside. ;)

For some reason I am forced to use the "HTML only" gmail interface.

Also the location bar background is colored red.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

does it still crash like hell?

EDIT: I didn't check, but is there a .pnd in PNDStore? does it have flash included? :)

does it still crash like hell?

EDIT: I didn't check, but is there a .pnd in PNDStore? does it have flash included? :)
Been using it for about a week now and it hasn't crashed yet :)

No flash isn't installed you have to steal it from the FF4b10 PND.

Back