New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

Hi ED, Craig,

With the great news of regular deliveries of boards and now lcd cables too. What are OPT's estimatations for the completion of batch 1? Are there other elements (bar natural disasters) which could hold up further?

This is not intended as a gripe, but a considered estimation would be welcome.

Odds on 2 months anyone? :)

Hi ED, Craig,

With the great news of regular deliveries of boards and now lcd cables too. What are OPT's estimatations for the completion of batch 1? Are there other elements (bar natural disasters) which could hold up further?

It's just a case of building them and fixing the faulty boards and getting them shipped.

Thanks ED another great update - this certainly keeps me happy and informed so I therefore contine to wait patiently.

Once my preorder arrives I may have to order another couple for members of my family but at the moment they are sceptical until they see mine.

It is extremely hard to convince people that this is not vaporware due to the 31 months wait but your updates and then showing them what can be done i.e. iControlpad that I have, helps alot.

Heres hoping my wait is nearly over - I double checked my queue position and its actually 1300 - 1400 a whole 50 units less than I thought!

Craig - how long until they start sending out that queue range?

I think one of those LCD cables will be in my Pandora. It's fun to see pictures of something that will eventually be yours.

It's just a case of building them and fixing the faulty boards and getting them shipped.
@ Craigix

You took the time and effort to post a reply yet when we look at what you said, you unfortunately said nothing of any real substance. :(

What would have been great to hear is "I've shipped a net figure of xxxx units to date and hope to ship a further xxx units this/next week" then we all could clearly see that progress being made and plan for our new arrival :D

Hi ED, Craig,

Thanks Craig for your quick response. Hope the production goes well. I follow you on Twitter and look forward to further updates of xxx units dispatched. Your Batch 1 dispatch estimation? :)

Ed,

Are the new cable being used now for every new pandora build or will the old be used until they are all "used up"?

The latter. However, ED has stated that the old purple haze is much less likely now that they have found a better way of installing the cables. Just think of these new ones as super-reinforced.

Heres hoping my wait is nearly over - I double checked my queue position and its actually 1300 - 1400 a whole 50 units less than I thought!

I believe Craig has said they're shipping up to 1250 now, from his queue, so if there are regular shipments of boards coming in, each week, it could be a matter of a few weeks for you. Here's to hoping that CC have got some consistency.

What sort of time scale are we looking at now, anyway? Is it still two months? Last time I asked (a month or two ago) I was told I was around the mid-3000s -- how far might I have expected to move now? How long?

What sort of time scale are we looking at now, anyway? Is it still two months? Last time I asked (a month or two ago) I was told I was around the mid-3000s -- how far might I have expected to move now? How long?
Honestly, there's no way to tell because the units are assembled by hand and dependent on numerous factors. However, assuming the current rate continues, we could estimate that ~200 shipped each week, from ~1500 in the queue would put you at, yes, about two months from now. This is an estimate though, and I would put money on it being wrong, tough by how much and in which direction I cannot say.

I believe Craig has said they're shipping up to 1250 now, from his queue, so if there are regular shipments of boards coming in, each week, it could be a matter of a few weeks for you. Here's to hoping that CC have got some consistency.
Can you advise where Craig mentioned 1250? If this is correct and ED had approx 410 (1 in 4) plus a few for Fatih, that only totals around 1700, where as ED has posted approx 2300 net have been produced. Even allowing for 100 premium Pandoras there is still a large gap wherein hopefully my Pandora lives.

Considering I'm 1100-1200 in the queue and no shipping mail (or pandora, obviously), I would guess you should add an extra Two Weeks to those estimates.

Not really posted since the board move but I do check in once a week or so (any more and I'd go insane...)

All I ever wanted was a X units completed number every week/month or so, I know I might get attacked but I really cannot grasp why it is not possible to produce this number, what if you're audited on your sales/tax/etc, surely you need to know.

If you just said 'Update 13 Jan: 300 shipped since last update, 15 returns' or something, then someone else would do the tallying and everyone would be happy.

Anyway, had to get that off my chest

Gricey

Can you advise where Craig mentioned 1250? If this is correct and ED had approx 410 (1 in 4) plus a few for Fatih, that only totals around 1700, where as ED has posted approx 2300 net have been produced. Even allowing for 100 premium Pandoras there is still a large gap wherein hopefully my Pandora lives.
There were around 200-300 one-nubbers, but still that only totals 2000 or so.

I guess Craig and ED have 300 boards that are still being put into cases, tested, and shipped.

It's always good to hear some nice news.

Hopefully things will continue to run smoothly so I can have my panda by christmas hopefully

(Fun fact: I was hoping to have it by my birthday, but now 44 minutes in, no email :( , oh well I can handle waiting a while longer).

ED, what about the TV cables?

I will use my Pandora to give presentations and I will need the cable for that.

(Happy Birthday, Moz!)

Honestly, there's no way to tell because the units are assembled by hand and dependent on numerous factors. However, assuming the current rate continues, we could estimate that ~200 shipped each week, from ~1500 in the queue would put you at, yes, about two months from now. This is an estimate though, and I would put money on it being wrong, tough by how much and in which direction I cannot say.
I'm not waiting another Summer. If that's the way it's going to happen, I'll go there and build it myself. Depends what sort of skills I need to have.

I've thought about Premium-ing, but I want an 'original,' non-'special edition' Pandora. Also, it depends on the money, I can't afford to just kiss another £100 goodbye.

^

There's no difference between a Premium and a preorder. Regarding the 100£, that's up to you, but you wouldn't be kissing it goodbye. You'd be kissing a Pandora in about 7-10 days.

Back