New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

A FYI for those that don't follow the other threads. I ordered Oct 2 18:35 GMT and got my email Friday 13th. Orders will really start to thin out I presume so can't be long now for end of Batch1.

A FYI for those that don't follow the other threads. I ordered Oct 2 18:35 GMT and got my email Friday 13th. Orders will really start to thin out I presume so can't be long now for end of Batch1.

This is very true but we have avoided making any comment on it and we won't until batch1 is all shipped.

It will become obvious by the posts though as the dates start to spread out like you say.

Did you have a queue position estimated by OP? and for clarification you bought from Craig not from ED? I'm sure bunches of us would like to know.

We're working in parallel to make it happen maybe before batch1 is complete (don't worry, no batch2 units will ship 'first') as we know there will be a month or so of work to finish up batch1 soon, ie all the boards with slight faults will need to have time consuming work both here and at CC, also making sure we use up all parts, total up totally unrecoverable units etc.
Thanks for answer!

I ordered Oct 2 18:35 GMT

In 2008, right?
Batch1 yes, 2008.

Did you have a queue position estimated by OP? and for clarification you bought from Craig not from ED? I'm sure bunches of us would like to know.
Bought from Craig and nope, never got a queue pos. I figured it would arrive when it arrived, plus I would guess date+time is probably a better (for Craig's queue) indication when near the end (there might only be a few hundred over the last few days, so a pos range of 100 tells you nothing).

Ei Tam Toucan.

Thanks for posting this valuable information. And Contratulation to you !!

I ordered "openpandorasales@gmail.com Thu Oct 2 00:15:18 2008" , and nothing so far (not even in the spam folder).

Anyone in the same situation (ordered before Tam Toucan and no delivery notification) ?

Let s wait a bit more, maybe mine was down on the stack ...

Regards

-- PandoraLover --

Can someone ask Jacquelyn to get twitter account and tweet something like "Today I shipped XX pandoras for queue# XXXX to YYYY!" ?

I think this is the best way to share shipping information with us.

FYI here is my ordering info.

from openpandorasales@gmail.com

to *@*.*

date 2 October 2008 09:30

subject Your order from OPENPANDORA LIMITED has been processed successfully

Ordered from Craig, and I'm in the UK so the time above is GMT

Went through the credit card refund and re-ordered by bank transfer (by the dates advised and told that this process would NOT affect my delivery position).

Still no delivery e-mail.

ho hum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ei Tam Toucan.

Thanks for posting this valuable information. And Contratulation to you !!

I ordered "openpandorasales@gmail.com Thu Oct 2 00:15:18 2008" , and nothing so far (not even in the spam folder).

Anyone in the same situation (ordered before Tam Toucan and no delivery notification) ?

Let s wait a bit more, maybe mine was down on the stack ...

Regards

-- PandoraLover --

I am in the same position. My order email came in at Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:49 PM, which I since I am in US Central, this should be around Oct 2, 4AM to 5AM GMT.

I am hoping that we each get our order emails soon, and that it is just a work stream snafu. Who knows how their work stream works. If a unit is designated for an order before being ready, then an issue with a unit could delay that particular order. It would not be an efficient work process, but it's one of many ways to interpret how orders could ship out of order. (Assuming all our facts are right.) Anyway, I'm not worried, although I sure would love to have the unit when I make a work trek to Canada in June.

FYI, my queue position when I last queried Jacqueline about 1 year ago was 1200-1300.

Maybe if some people would cancel their preorders due to lack of news updates, they'd get scared and start posting updates. Seriously guys, this is starting to worry me. Some numbers, even if they're just guesses, would calm me somewhat.

Obviously we will not get the total number of units shipped so far. Perhaps OPT could tell us how many units were shipped this past week and every week after? Then people would get an idea of what speed your producing at?

Obviously we will not get the total number of units shipped so far. Perhaps OPT could tell us how many units were shipped this past week and every week after? Then people would get an idea of what speed your producing at?
Perhaps this has been posed about 2 times a day since they started shipping?

"A few hundred a week" is the best we have and what will have to do.

I'd like to think the sound of crickets chirping is because batch 1 is nearly finished and a big announcement is forthcoming, but the cynic in me notes that uncertainty increases numbers of premium upgrades.

Either way it makes no difference - but what I am saying is that being treated like mushrooms stinks, and makes it much harder to think charitable thoughts.

I'd like to think the sound of crickets chirping is because batch 1 is nearly finished and a big announcement is forthcoming, but the cynic in me notes that uncertainty increases numbers of premium upgrades.

Either way it makes no difference - but what I am saying is that being treated like mushrooms stinks, and makes it much harder to think charitable thoughts.

Just got an email late yesterday telling me that my pandora is about to be shipped within the next few days (if I still want it - of course I do!). So I can confirm that things are still moving forward. Don't give up hope. I'll post an update when I have received my pandora ;-) And no, this is not a premium upgrade.

Oh, and of course big thanks goes to pandora team for all their work - which is much appreciated!

Just got an email late yesterday telling me that my pandora is about to be shipped within the next few days (if I still want it - of course I do!). So I can confirm that things are still moving forward. Don't give up hope. I'll post an update when I have received my pandora ;-) And no, this is not a premium upgrade.
Maybe you've forgotten, but what everyone wants to know when someone posts this is; when did you order and what was your queue position?

Maybe you've forgotten, but what everyone wants to know when someone posts this is; when did you order and what was your queue position?

Well, I ordered from Germany and my feeling tells me I'm somewhere in the last quarter (I ordered quite late) - but I can't look into my old mails right now to check. Apart from that this discussion about queue position is imho a moot point (including USofA-meaning). The pandora team is doing a great job but only have limited resources. So I'm patiently waiting and not complaining ;-)

Back