New Firmware For Wiz

vEGA-rJ

Still Fresh
A new firmware for Wiz has been released!

Anyone has successfully installed it?

My wiz will recognize new firmware (by pressing on start R) but after a little wait it will boot normally...

EDIT:
A friend of mine, that have received just now a wiz from an italian store told me that he have 1.0 installed. My wiz (a sample for the review) is mounting 0.7.1.)...

Last edited by a moderator:
The gp2xmenu is seg faulting, and everything I run is stuck in 240x320 mode, but the screen data has not been rotated.
Just super!

More to the point, why does this surprise you?

Just have to include a note with each console we ship saying not to try to install that I guess.

craigix posted on May 15 2009 at 10:28 AM said:
More to the point, why does this surprise you?

Just have to include a note with each console we ship saying not to try to install that I guess.
Maybe its just me I did upgrade from an firmware I got from GPH, maybe it will work for new wiz's. I would expect though the final units would already have this on it.

And if it doesn't work, disable that download!

Anyone with dev units handy? (I'm at work or I'd do it to my first dev unit :p)

jeff

skeezix posted on May 15 2009 at 03:58 PM said:
Anyone with dev units handy? (I'm at work or I'd do it to my first dev unit :p )

jeff

Doing a previous upgrade broke my first dev unit so that is not a test that it works or doesn't. I'll try it on the broken dev unit later then I guess?

Edit: To clarify what I mean. That same upgrade worked fine on a newer version of the Wiz.

Ok I think we should scrap that download. I went back and flashed the firmware gph sent me and it worked. I redid this "new" version and the seg fault occured again.

Pickle .. whats the firmware version you have from gph?

(In my latest dev unit, it shows .17 in the bottom right and in the Info screen. I assume its really old?)

I really hate the speed of the launcher; it feels like forever to actually navigate around the SD :/ (due to animations)

jeff

Peter R posted on May 15 2009 at 11:03 AM) [quote="skeezix posted on May 15 2009 at 03:58 PM said:
Anyone with dev units handy? (I'm at work or I'd do it to my first dev unit :p "] [/quote]jeff

Doing a previous upgrade broke my first dev unit so that is not a test that it works or doesn't. I'll try it on the broken dev unit later then I guess?

Yes, that was quite fun :rolleyes:

Orkie told me that the first units (those without separated buttons) have an old kernel that is unable to reflash itself (so upgrading the firmware without a breakout board is impossible), and their hardware may be incompatible with the latest firmwares to begin with. Hence why GPH sent us newer models :)

Peter R posted on May 15 2009 at 11:09 AM said:
Can anyone confirm whether or not the new Wiz units come pre-installed with 1.0 or 0.7.1?
where is 0.7.1? It appears my 'good' version is 0.3

Back