New Firmware For Wiz

one other thing to note it seems that wiz's with < 1gb nand are not compatible with later versions of firmwares. I assume this since the gph person specifically asked me that as a requirement to flash my 0.3 version.

It's quite clear GPH was not organized when releasing these firmwares, all of us know about different versions, and all it seems very chaotic.
Ive recommended that GPH release the full image that they are using for the final units. That cleans the slate and everyone is starting from the same point.

No offense to any of you, but a lot of you talk very garbled english, its hard to understand sometimes. :/

Anyways, I just got my Wiz, preordered a few months ago. It says its version 1.0 and there are few problems. Some, but like I said, few.

Mainly, a couple menus hang when opening and exiting too quickly. Theres a problem with DSP speed or something when playing on the pocketsnes, so i just use the snes4wiz that came with it. Which is rather slow and is impossible to exit without shutting the whole system off, but thats software related, not firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 04:56 AM said:
Theres a problem with DSP speed or something when playing on the pocketsnes
Set the audio frequency to 22050, as I posted in the emulators thread and it works.

Last edited:
Pickle posted on May 15 2009 at 08:16 PM said:
Ive recommended that GPH release the full image that they are using for the final units. That cleans the slate and everyone is starting from the same point.
I agree. I've upgraded my Wiz's firmware to a later version, but it didn't seem to update the menu, so the menu display is now garbage. I ended up changing it to just dump me to a shell and I run things manually. Never did get sound working correctly on my snes port however.I waited for newer, full firmware, but it never came.

jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 04:56 AM said:
No offense to any of you, but a lot of you talk very garbled english, its hard to understand sometimes. :/
What I mean with this post is very clear.
I let you know that the firmware upgrade works for me.

;)

Is the firmware that comes with the retail version of the wiz the new firmware?

A couple options don't work and freeze the system, such as the music when you try to push buttons too quickly. In a newer firmware, will the pause button be instantaneous?

jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 08:47 PM said:
Yes.

sbock posted on May 17 2009 at 12:14 PM said:
Yes.
I see, thanks. Look for part 1 of my review tonight. I'll post it on my blog.

sbock posted on May 17 2009 at 12:14 PM said:
Yes.
I see, thanks. Look for part 1 of my review tonight. I'll post it on my blog. Or on youtube, if I can figure out how to capture videos of my wiz from my computer.

Back