New Firmware For Wiz

Pickle posted on May 15 2009 at 05:16 PM said:
where is 0.7.1? It appears my 'good' version is 0.3
I think there is nothing wrong with the new firmware, buy maybe the v0.3 menu doesn't work with this.
I use the v0.7.1 applications with the v1.0 firmware without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know the menu version? With everyone saying 0.7.1 and mine saying .17, I'm wondering if you read it backwards, or if mine is really really old? :) (Or am I looking in the wrong place?)

jeff

My newest Wiz, from 2009/04/15, shows version 0.7.1 in the settings information screen.

My second newest Wiz, from 2008/11/06, shows version 0.7.1 in the settings information screen.

As i told here in italy the newest wiz sold are shipped with 1.0 firmware.

My unit is WITH separated buttons and it have 15.04.09 0.7.1. When I try to flash it, it will show upgrade screen but after a little wait nothing happens, and it will boot normally.

To flash the unit what's the exact combination? I press R on the boot, there's some other key to press?

Franxis posted on May 15 2009 at 06:23 PM said:
I think there is nothing wrong with the new firmware, buy maybe the v0.3 menu doesn't work with this.
Could be the case, it seems the update consists only of bootloader and kernel, it doesn't update any apps/libs.

Franxis posted on May 15 2009 at 05:17 PM) I have updated to this firmware: [URL="http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0 said:
http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,44[/URL]

The update was ok, but i don't see any change over 0.7.1 (the WIZ menu already shows v0.7.1"].
Franxis sorry me, could it be that i've already upragraded too? Can you tell me what's you saw when you did the upgrade?

My Wiz menu is already showing 0.7.1 as before upgrade. I just pressed R and an image showed me firmware upgraGe (a mistake?) :)

After a little wiz booted normally.

After a little wiz booted normally.
It was exactly the same for me, but i don't remember to have seen such mistake (the "upgraGe" word"], and i won't repeat the upgrade to see it :rolleyes:[/quote]And how are you sure that Wiz REALLY upgraded itself, without changing firmware number? The gph site is saying:

"turn on the power while pressing both home and select"

but if you do so nothing happens... :)

okay ive manged to get my wiz working with all the latest stuff.
I believe the version number in the gp2xmenu is the software version of gp2xmenu, adn has nothing to do with the bootloader and kernel

Franxis gave me the link for 0.7.1, I took the file-system patch and renamed it and put it together with the 0.3 package i have.
That allowed the file system to be updated.
I then redid the entire 0.7.1 to get the boot/kernel and it worked.
I then did the 1.0 update with no problems

Update: Seems OGLES is broke, vice is broke, but now pocketsnes is displaying correctly now

vEGA-rJ posted on May 15 2009 at 12:38 PM said:
Pickle could you tell me if your wiz in now displaying 0.7.1 or 1.0 version?
its still 0.7.1 (as i expected) and i still see the tear

Update: my mistake, vice wasnt working from an earlier test version I had on my card, I completely reloaded from the archive version and it works as expected

Pickle posted on May 15 2009 at 05:27 PM said:
Update: Seems OGLES is broke, vice is broke, but now pocketsnes is displaying correctly now
Assuming that I did the upgrade on my dev Wiz correctly (and in fairness I SEGFAULT'ed it about a dozen times trying ;)) then the v1 firmware broke something in ScummVM. Shame really as that sort of screws up sending out a beta, oh well, gives me something to look at over the next few days :lol:

Early era dev unit -- incompatible with future apps/firmware
Late era dev unit -- various firmware revisions around; possibly incompatible with later firmware releases, since the first FW update is not a complete update.. just selected files. (Silly.)
Release unit -- various firmwares instead of all being 1.0.

Result: apps built against any one 'recent' firmware may be incompatible with some units (unless they're purely using shared libs, ie: GPH's SDL, and not hitting things over direct.)

Is this the summary then?

(I guess not many peopel have the whacky old verison of FW I have, so hit or mess when I should update :) (I assume most devs who have the later gen dev unit have the one with pop of fbattery cover as well, not the screwed on one like release, right?) (too bad theres been no dev forum per se all this time to log info :)

jeff

Back