Release New Video - In Hd!

'PandoraRox' said:
everything about Angstrom and Matchbox is easily themeable, correct?
It took me a while to get to grips with how and where you put your theme files, editing .theme files and stuff, and make them load up. But once you've figured that out, it's pretty easy to replace or create an entire theme from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
'MDave' said:
'PandoraRox' said:
It took me a while to get to grips with how and where you put your theme files, editing .theme files and stuff, and make them load up. But once you've figured that out, it's pretty easy to replace or create an entire theme from scratch.

Great, thank you MDave.

'MDave' said:
Rounded icons? :) I wanted to go with the typical and literal folders and paper files theme (which everyone can understand what it means if they have used any window based gui and file explorer before since the beginning of time). It would lose the impression of files if they looked like anything else :p I already tried creating a 3D perspective to them too :)
not really round. Just remove one or 2 Pixels from every corner and the Icons will look much better (I think :D )

not really round. Just remove one or 2 Pixels from every corner and the Icons will look much better (I think :D )

And a drop shadow, although it would take a little bit away from the usable area in the icon, would add a tactile feel.

'MDave' said:
'PandoraRox' said:

hopefully there will be enough tutorials (and maybe even apps) to easily make your own themes
the community is great for this kind of thing, I remember surfing among hundreds of custom-made Tapwave Zodiac background images :p

I think we need a media and internet browser built for a theme like that. The Archos 5/605 have the same res screen, and nice layouts. A music player with a full screen (automatically, all the time when open) browser/playlist manager CODE
http://media.generationmp3.com/gmp3/tests/605wifi/IMG_3813.JPG
and a nice large album art/seek bar/volume bar/song details page CODE
http://media.generationmp3.com/gmp3/tests/605wifi/IMG_3815.JPG

Browser pretty much the same: CODE
http://www.kennyham.com/images/archos-browser2.jpg

Very minimalistic, the tab bar is just composed of favicons (tab bar = place starting at Y! and ending with wifi symbol) and the tiny 'menu' button brings up
CODE
http://gizmologia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/archos605wifi.jpg

A favorites option (which shows full screen for adding/launching), settings, reload/stop, navigation, and 'go to' for 'enter url' or 'search' (with any given engine). Can Firefox's UI be modded this much? In the videos showing FF, menus have taken up at least 20% of the screen, and they really don't need to be up all the time (maybe people going with the full desktop will want it, but there are two main OS setups because not everybody will)

Has anybody handeled a 6/605 and been through these menus?

i waiting for google chrome, i originally wanted firefox but you know the screen just isnt large enought, no matter what configuration

google chrom looks epic on your laptop, makes the screen looks huge

'emcp' said:
i waiting for google chrome, i originally wanted firefox but you know the screen just isnt large enought, no matter what configuration

google chrom looks epic on your laptop, makes the screen looks huge
What sort of argument is that... just skin to whatever minimalist interface you want..

"i waiting for google chrome, i originally wanted firefox but you know the screen just isnt large enought, no matter what configuration

google chrom looks epic on your laptop, makes the screen looks huge"

Well, you just go ahead and wait for that. Google hasn't even released Chrome for Mac and Linux yet, but they're "intending" and "making plans" and "moving to the HTTP stack that will let them eventually think about it"

As for Chrom on my laptop...
My laptop DOES have a huge screen. It's 17 inches diagonal, 16 by 10 aspect ratio, at a resolution of 1920 by 1200.
Cower before my laptop's epic screen.

And as for Firefox, there's a lot of customization you can do to shrink it to Pandora-sized. Even stock Firefox doesn't look bad at 800 by 480. If you can map scrolling to one of the joydiscs, it would be perfect.

'lulzfish' said:
"i waiting for google chrome, i originally wanted firefox but you know the screen just isnt large enought, no matter what configuration

Well, you just go ahead and wait for that. Google hasn't even released Chrome for Mac and Linux yet, but they're "intending" and "making plans" and "moving to the HTTP stack that will let them eventually think about it"

My laptop DOES have a huge screen. It's 17 inches diagonal, 16 by 10 aspect ratio, at a resolution of 1920 by 1200.

And as for Firefox, there's a lot of customization you can do to shrink it to Pandora-sized. Even stock Firefox doesn't look bad at 800 by 480. If you can map scrolling to one of the joydiscs, it would be perfect.
Indeed, I am using Firefox on my eeepc right now, which has the same resolution as the Pandora. The LittleFox theme frees up a lot of screenspace.
In addition scroll bars and tool bars can be reduced in thickness.

'PokeParadox' said:
'lulzfish' said:

Indeed, I am using Firefox on my eeepc right now, which has the same resolution as the Pandora. The LittleFox theme frees up a lot of screenspace.
In addition scroll bars and tool bars can be reduced in thickness.

have you tried google chrome
if not please do so, if its possible

btw google chrome has several other features which is only available via extension for firefox if so

such as statu bar appearing and dissapearing, it also seems a bit lightweight compared to firefox, each tab is an actually window so if one tab crashes it doesnt harm the others, its has incognito window and a few other features

Chrome is not available for Linux, so I'm not going to use it and Pandora is right out.
firefox is the best full-featured browser for the Pandora, and we shouldn't start a browser war here over something that won't even be available for the Pandora for who knows how long.

It's possible to make firefox looks smaller, thats the whole point of it's extensibility. It may surprise you but very small amount of people use firefox for vanilla firefox. i know, it's a hard concept, having a browser with many user designed modules so people can choose which features they do and don't want, but trust me, its real. also lold at 'icnognito mode' and also chrome isn't that much better as far as mem/vr usage goes (in my own test) and it doesn't matter, because there are already excellent, low profile browsers and google chrome is middling in between the firefox powerhouse and opera and other smaller browsers. it has no purpose other than to be an alternative just so people can be different.

Because some people want to rebel against Firefox's tyranny over the "Browsers that aren't IE" market, I guess.

'fettouhi' said:
Any particular reason why ScummVM isn't centered on the screen?
Sure, because it is simply a quick port, as I said in the video.
No optimization for the Pandora done yet.

Last edited:
'lulzfish' said:
Because some people want to rebel against Firefox's tyranny over the "Browsers that aren't IE" market, I guess.
Semper sic tyranis?

But anyways, I'm not really sure why people are so gaga over Chrome, it's made by Google which is a damn fine reason not to be willing to touch it. I do use some of their stuff, but when it comes to browsing, I wouldn't personally trust them to be responsible.

Back