Release New Pandora Video

edit: As much as I love whining about the media players that are sucking up my debugging time, it's not really on topic at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Username' said:
'Peter R' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
HD=high defenition. or something like that.
You aren't understanding what he means by not understanding it ;).

I am not going to explain it to you. Think about it for a while.

Hahaha, wait see if he'll get it.

i dont get it, im no hero in english...

I watched al reply's of the hd discussion, but now i still dont know if this is a HD screen or not.
I know that HD depends on the pixels on the screen. I got a 17" notebook with a resolution of 1440*900.
my bro got a 17" notebook with a higher resolution. My brother got a HD screen right?
Becouse 800*480 on a 4.3inch screen sounds HD to me! :)
becouse the DS got a 192x256 resolution on a 3inch screen.
more reply's would be welcome :)

And i really love that media player on the video :p but it seems like a kind of windows task, thats not really lowering the consumption of the battery.

The definition of HD is very fuzzy. It usually means that the display isn't SD (meaning PAL 640x480 in Europe) but something more, usually basic HD (1280x720).

The Pandora's screen would be somewhere in between.

The DS is far below even SD.

'dflemstr' said:
The definition of HD is very fuzzy. It usually means that the display isn't SD (meaning PAL 640x480 in Europe) but something more, usually basic HD (1280x720).

well the psp does have a nice screen by my opinion. and it has as much inch as the pandora screen.

Personally, I want to see the WLAN feature in action. Thats what I really care about. ;)

Hows the battery life with WLAN enabled and in use? How mean is it to system resources? Can we see it in action on video?

'borgqueenx' said:
'dflemstr' said:

well the psp does have a nice screen by my opinion. and it has as much inch as the pandora screen.

The PSP has a shitty cheap screen in most cases, and it is far far lower resolution than the Pandora. I think the Pandora could almost display 4 of the PSP displays on it's own screen.

We have spent a lot of money on the Pandora screen, it is as good as it gets in this generation :)

Yeah for the Pandora, but the PSP has a pretty damn nice screen. I use one every day. It is better than my ipod video and my iaudio x5. It also does a nice job on TV-Out. ...and OBTW you can get TV-Out cables on eBay for about $5 delivered. Hopefully after a couple of batches, Pandora TV-Out cable prices will get in that range.

'craigix' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
'dflemstr' said:

The PSP has a shitty cheap screen in most cases, and it is far far lower resolution than the Pandora. I think the Pandora could almost display 4 of the PSP displays on it's own screen.

We have spent a lot of money on the Pandora screen, it is as good as it gets in this generation :)

So true. The PSP screen is nice and all, but FUCK is there a lot of ghosting..

The PSP ghosting is especially noticeable when trying to play at subzero temperatures.
Craig, can you go into a walk in freezer, hang out for half an hour or so, and see how the Pandora screen holds up to the cold? :D

Craig, There is a giant chiller unit in our local Costco at the Metrocentre. Go grab some garden furniture and sit in there for half an hour or so whilst playing some quake 3. That should be a pretty good benchmark.

'x68000' said:
Craig, There is a giant chiller unit in our local Costco at the Metrocentre. Go grab some garden furniture and sit in there for half an hour or so whilst playing some quake 3. That should be a pretty good benchmark.
And an absolutely hilarious video ;)

'MrBlais' said:
'craigix' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
'dflemstr' said:

So true. The PSP screen is nice and all, but FUCK is there a lot of ghosting..

mmm, the psps resolution is crap, i dont like all that pixelated edges you see in EA games, looks incredibly choppy
way better than the ds though

Though the PSP resolution may suck it is not nearly as bad as the DS resolution. Maybe we should have Craig and two of his buddies in the freezer, Craig with the Pandora and his two friends with a DS and a PSP.

We should also have a control person in the freezer, who has no game console. Or maybe an iPhone.

"My hands are so cold!"
"Wear gloves!"
"I can't! =("

maybe one of the stress test can be stirring a cup of hot tea/coffee with the stylus

Just in case I mess up, (I do it alot with pens :( )

'craigix' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
'dflemstr' said:

wow im honored :) a reply of one of the creators :)
its nice to know that the psp will get his ass kicked :D

Back