Release New Pandora Video

'Gruso' said:
Wahooo! Jogging with Pandora. High fives. :lol: I'm at work so I haven't watched it with sound yet, but it looks excellent.
Just a warning... I've heard that the hinge for the Pandora is identical to the one for the Nintendo DS.

My 8 year old wanders around with her DS this way, holding it by the case and letting the screen bounce about as she walks. (8 year olds do have a tendency to run around the house a bit). After about a year it's resulted in a limp hinge... she has to be very careful with the hinge now for fear it will get worse if she uses it.

Pandora in the garden is fine, just don't go running around with it too much without holding the screen or closing the case.... :)

One other quick question... was that wireless firefox? If so it's the first time we've seen functional wireless it in a vid!

Last edited by a moderator:
'PokeParadox' said:
Craig's accent is "posher" than I thought.
Nice video, I did blink and go wtf when you decided to go for a run though... I mean what if someone mugged your Pandora prototype! :p
like a badger ;) (i take no responsibility for any badger bashings caused by the previuos statement)
btw was that the decided key layout (best keep it secret we dont want a repeat of last time)

also would be interesting to see more of firefox
it COULD have been working offline

anyway thanks for the "wtf" VID ;) :pandora2:

Trevor - the hinge is similar to the DS, but not identical. Anyway, I don't think there are any clamshell gadgets that are designed to be held open while jogging!

I was just laughing because the jogging suggestion came up in a previous thread. Let nobody say that the guys don't listen. :D

That was indeed the internal speakers being used, yes?

The video made my day :lol:

Craig sounds a LOT younger than I imagined. Like he;s a teenager or something. Just how old is he?

Sounds like it was the built in speakers, it got louder as the camera got closer and muffled when he turned the screen away.

Oh yeah that reminds me, finally a shot of the screen opened all the way!

A couple stupid questions:

-Is that what the final boot up OS is going to look like?
-What is that bar on the bottom of the screen? Shortcut bar? something else?

Wonderful video, thanks, Craigx.

I'd like to see a video using the analog nubs to move the pointer or cursor, and another key or Dpad for clicking the "mouse".
Is this possible to do with the current configuration?

'skeezix' said:
TGhe hand drawn pencil keyboard; is that on the final units?

/mewant!

jeff
i could have sworn it was ballpoint pen ;D

Back