Release New Pandora Video

Well:

Clamshell vs. candy bar
2 analogs vs. one
keyboard vs. nothing
linux vs. DRM
battery vs. DRM
SD card vs. weird-ass proprietary memory

The PSP has had a huge amount of asskicking coming its way before we knew how good the screen was.

'lulzfish' said:
Well:

Clamshell vs. candy bar
2 analogs vs. one
keyboard vs. nothing
linux vs. DRM
battery vs. DRM
SD card vs. weird-ass proprietary memory

The PSP has had a huge amount of asskicking coming its way before we knew how good the screen was.
ghehe dont go to far :p the psp still has a enormous amount of games the pandora cant play! ...yet...
When that has been achieved, everyone can laugh sony in its face :p

and i also own a psp so im not gonna hate my portable gadgets.
Even better, i play more on my ds then the psp, becouse of the nice retro games. *zelda pokemon and more)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a psp, it was great! but it stopped being fun when I couldn't do thing that surpassed that ugly firmware. That should not be a problem with the pandora :)!
Also I have a ds but I find no games in local shops :(

You know guys, the bad thing about giving us a video is the fact that one (at least I) just hunger for more!
A modest question directed at the videomakers (ED, craigix, MW, ..) ; Is there more videos planned this week?

'borgqueenx' said:
ghehe dont go to far :p the psp still has a enormous amount of games the pandora cant play! ...yet...
When that has been achieved, everyone can laugh sony in its face :p
When I got my Pandora:

-I will buy a PSP
-I take the PSP and my Pandora to the sony PSP offices in Europe.
-I walk to the boss there.
-I say: Hey, you know what this is is? Its a Pandora. It costs a bit more than a PSP but it can do 100x more than the PSP and it doesnt have a shitty quality.
-Then I smash the PSP on his desk.
-And I walk back to my home while being happy.

Or

-I buy a DSi after I got my pandora. (But I play with both ofcourse.

/me choses second option

Mithrildor said:
Or

/me choses second option
It is actually more likely that we will get a <<fullspeed>> DS emulator than a fullspeed PSP emulator.
Chose wisely.

'dflemstr' said:
'Mithrildor' said:
Or

/me choses second option
It is actually more likely that we will get a <<fullspeed>> DS emulator than a fullspeed PSP emulator.
Chose wisely.

the other guy at the psp emulator thread said it would be easier to make a psp emulator then a ds emulator.
But i will like both emulators, and damn i will use them both every day :D

67Mhz * 8 + 33Mhz * 8 = 800 Mhz. Both chips in the DS are ARM so maybe some more required Mhz can be shaved off in a good emulator. I see DS just as possible as PSP (psp has more simularities to a pandora, than a ds to a pandora)

'Mithrildor' said:
I see DS just as possible as PSP
The reason it's suggested that a PSP emulator could be done before a DS emulator is because PSP games rely heavily on system calls to the firmware while the DS is direct to the hardware. Seems it's easier to simulate these system calls than to emulate the entire DS system. That's what I got out of the PSP emulator thread, anyway.

they just need to make both emulators :D
my wish is that i can play gba, ds and psp on the pandora.
i think gba will come sooner then a ds and pps emulator though :p

If it can emulate GBAs then it can emulate all GBA games, of course :p
But I haven't tried it since I don't have a GP-unit.

BTW: Those are great games, very well-constructed game play and innovative physics...

I look forward to playing those games, aswell.

In terms of a GBA emulator, I'm assuming that Exophase will port his emulator, gpSP.

@borgqueenx
Those games (my favorite BTW) were kind of heavy on the GP2X (unplayable battles in fact), but surely if Exophase ports gpSP, and with the power of the Pandora, then we will be able to play them very nicely. (I hope :p )

'Mithrildor' said:
When I got my Pandora:

-I will buy a PSP
-I take the PSP and my Pandora to the sony PSP offices in Europe.
-I walk to the boss there.
-I say: Hey, you know what this is is? Its a Pandora. It costs a bit more than a PSP but it can do 100x more than the PSP and it doesnt have a shitty quality.
-Then I smash the PSP on his desk.
-And I walk back to my home while being happy.

Or

/me choses second option
First option is much too expensive imho. I'd just show the pandora to explain why I'll never ever buy a PSP, so they don't get any money from me.

Second option - why buy a DSi? Battery life is very short (much shorter then good old DS lite). Can't play GBA-modules directly. Camera option is a no-go with only 640x480. Can not play MP3 (only AAC). If at all, go for the good old DS and put in a good multimedia card to play videos, MP3s etc.

I'd love to see Pandora with 2-5MP-cameras, though, as well as positioning system, motion sensors etc. and mobile phone hardware built in (cheap phone would do, even as extra hardware modul.

Holger

You could probably make an attachable camera to go on the top of the Pandora. You would have to plug it into the USB though.

'Username' said:
You could probably make an attachable camera to go on the top of the Pandora. You would have to plug it into the USB though.
or sdio cameras. or will those not work for whatever reason?

Back