Open Snes/nes/gb

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

A pure mind cannot be corrupted. A mind has to want to be corrupted for teh corruption to occur.

make of that what you will.

how much are zodiacs anyway ? in £s. i might buy one im always wastin money anyway and i dont really use my gp much anymore.

too much 4 my ass (the zodiac i mean)... Anyway, let yoyo do what he likes. He's obviously a very gifted programmer and simply wants to code for something new (and make his wallet a bit fatter- can u really blame him?). Perhaps this donation idea aint to bad... I do play osnes a lot... Damn, being a poor college kid sucks! :unsure:

his paypal adress is....?

though i never used paypal before, so i wonder if there will be extra costs if i donate from germany to france....?

and you guys here should donate, too, instead of just babbling "everyone, donate!"

His paypal address: ymagnien@hotmail.com

How's he going to know if the donations are from Zodiac users or GP32 users?

well, we send him an email with our names and say him that we only send him money if he takes more time for developing on the gp32 ;)

Wow, and to think I was jealous yesterday when I heard he integrated nes/snes yesterday!!! Don't demand he work on the gp32 port, just donate for what he's done so far and hope he decides to come back to it and finish it up.

craigix posted on Apr 15 2004 at 10:52 AM said:
;) GPdoom is pretty much finished.
Whats happening with that other 1 u were doing? heretic wasnt it? or was it hexen i dont remember if we ever found out what that picture was gonna be the menu for.

And, NIN, I notice the quote from them cyber sex things

*casts level 5 eroticism*

hehe i know wish i could remember the whole thing it was on a forum somewere i forget now.

I havent even tryed OpenSnes9x yet no time my gp32 has been sitting on the pc for a while its only really been used to test my visual novels out but thats it.

I think i need some batteries so i'll start using it again ^_^

Anyway great work yoyofr and great work 2 craigx ;) hope your gonna release that other FPS

:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I take it that this OpenSNES9xGBCNESGP (on second thought, keeping it "Little John" might be simpler...) will be making a splash come the GBAX2004 deadline...hopefully on GP32 as well as Zodiac.

I will PayPal up a (modest) sum of money if (well, more like when) this comes to GP32.

TandeM posted on Apr 15 2004 at 03:02 AM said:
Well, I take it that this OpenSNES9xGBCNESGP (on second thought, keeping it "Little John" might be simpler...) will be making a splash come the GBAX2004 deadline...hopefully on GP32 as well as Zodiac.

I will PayPal up a (modest) sum of money if (well, more like when) this comes to GP32.
I think we should just face it. Yoyo has abandoned GP32 dev in favor of the Zodiac. He posts all of the time there and is VERY active. When was the last time he posted here? Exactly that is what I mean. Its over, we just have to face it. It seems like as soon as a dev gets bitten by the Zodiac bug he will never return to GP32. Hopefully someone else will take over some of the projects.

craigix posted on Apr 15 2004 at 01:02 AM said:
Hey - I don't think yoyo ever asked for anything, someone obviously was nice enough to ask if they could donate something - I don't remember him ever asking us for anything for LJ or OS.

And I'd say the next prize will be whatever the latest console is at the time... i'd guess the Gametrac is what it will be.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Now we're going to see openSnesGbcNesN64 on the gametrac, cause he's going to win with openSnesGbcNes :D

I don't care if he bundles Gameboy or NES into OSNES9xGP on GP32. I've got LJ and fGB32 for those. I just want him to implement the ASM core. That's about it.

i would like to have a gb+gbc emu that saves right and it would be much easier to swith to diff emus w/o turning off the gp32.....so does everyone think an improved osnes9xgp will come out?

Hello GP32 peeps, long time no visit. :)

You really need to see LJZ in action on a real Zodiac to appreciate the Zodiac's potential. I used to own a GP32 - it can't touch the Zodiac IMO. As for YoyoFr, I don't think it's just a matter of money or donations, but probably more that Yoyo can simply do more and better work on the Zodiac. It's much more fun for him I suspect. It's a superior platform, and because it's also a full Palm as well, it's also much more useful than a GP32. It can do everything. Games, PDA, news (avantgo), web browsing, movies, emus, music etc. and the screen is brilliant, bright, backlit and huge. Not to mention the controls, which are superb and happen to be in perfect SNES layout. :p And the overall build is incredible - the damn thing is completely made of METAL! You have to hold one to understand.

You can stay loyal to GP32, that's great, I don't blame you because I also know how great the GP32 was for its time. But if you ever see LJZ running on a Zodiac you'll understand how good the system is, and why I chose to leave the GP32 for it. When I first learned about the Zodiac (then called "Helix") and the specs I immediately thought to myself - sounds like an advanced version of GP32. In a way, it is - so don't hate or envy it - if anything, check it out - you might just want one. I really see Zodiac having a tremendous dev scene within the next 6 months - it's already on the way as you can see. Plus we have commercial games and apps as well, and the thousands of Palm programs - it's a wonderful platform.

i just don't know anymore, but its by far and away the most important emu (for me) in the works (which i hope it is) on the gp32. A great (as opposed to good) snes emulator would make my life better and lower my grades substantially in the process. I really do hope he does it. Its what i always hoped the gp could pull off.

Back