Pandora Mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Pinhead?

pinhead_profile.jpg

The box...You opened it...We came.

whiskthecat said:
nubie said:
Nearly perfect, just make it two stripes and slim it down to the width of the SD ports (it will probably make plugging in SD cards really easy :p)

10613876oj9.png

That looks incredibly sick, I so want one. Would vinyl be pretty robust if the case is smooth?

If we do two bulges in the lid for bluetooth and other, plus these stripes, pretty soon it will look just like a Viper Coupe with the helmet bulges :D.

Maybe a quick edit to put the stripes in line with the sticks. It might help unify the design. I can't decide whether to widen them or just move them (or make one of them wider, and add a third stripe to one of the sides.)

If we do a carbon fiber look vinyl on the lid with the stripes on it, and the pandora flat or shiny black, this would look so sick, in fact the carbon fiber look on the lid no matter the color would look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frogboy said:
How about Pinhead?

pinhead_profile.jpg

STOP with the sexual innuendo....

evol said:
Frogboy said:
How about Pinhead?

pinhead_profile.jpg

STOP with the sexual innuendo....

I really hope that you are joking. If not then you need to go rent Hellraiser immediately! :)

This is not a sexual innuendo.

I'd imagine, despite the roots in a mascot-based game series, we totally can't borrow Capcom's Pandora, from Mega Man ZX as a mascot. :p

AnonymousTipster said:
If you really want a mascot, I'd suggest keeping it as a community mascot. IE, make games with said mascot in, make Pandora resources (desktop backgrounds etc) with the mascot, but not on any actual official packaging.
As was mentioned previously, the odds of a mascot on the website or packaging/advertising is more likely to damage the Pandora's reputation.

Come up with a good logo and a distinctive visual style, and that'll be enough, keep the anime and pandas as a community-driven, separate activity.
I'm very much inclined to agree, here.

If a top-quality game starring the mascot were to be made, it could potentially be used in promotions of the system, though (e.g., "We have this game, it was made for our system, and has gotten [insert relevant praise from the press here].", much like the way game-mascots were traditionally treated years ago. It probably shouldn't be forgotten that mascots' games were tradtionally used to show off the hardware's capabilities, too.) - but it certainly shouldn't be the other way around.

whiskthecat said:
Frogboy said:

He is talking about ^this^ part

Read it a couple times and think about it. :D
I know, I get it. That's why I'm hoping that he wasn't serious.

skeezix said:
I still want to see the panda anime girl.

Not only can you have your wish. You can even play one. There's a whole class of Pandala warriors both male and female in the Dofus MMORPG.

Click one of the wallpaper links once you're on the site.

Pandala

I wonder how many platformers we'll get starring a Panda as the main character?

I think the image is broken. I'm clicking but nothing happens.
lol

I liked the panda in a box.

tomj said:
Panda Tux
ominamu-tux-panda-2147.png

A good mascots/logos needs to be scalable so you can have them large or small and there still recognisable.
Exactly! Which is why Pandoraskank is saved as a vector image so it can be used at any resolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back