Pandora pandora repo/website/native app-manager development

UPDATE:

fixed a few jquery bugs where I was causing callbacks to be fired mutliple times.
tested by me on ubuntu, windows 7 versions of firefox 3.6.13 and pandora firefox version 3.6.12 and 4 beta 7 - works correctly.
tested by me on midori,arora and fennec on pandora, works correctly - slow on arora and fennec.
Chomium (non developer version) works fine but resize's form label text for some reason.
fixed allowing usernames of infinate length.

added CAPTCHA to prevent bots from signing up - works fine.

looking good.

any of those that tested it with firefox 3.6.13 and say it doesnt work please try deleting your browsers cache and reloading the page - it should work ok.

deleted all accounts that were added by testers but of course you can add new ones if you like.

UPDATE:

ok I have updated my testpage with a new look and jQuery animations.

made some changes to the code so it wasn't as complicated and this fixed a few issues I was having.

I'm still working on this :p will get there in the end.

How can I sort the Programms (by name, by date/upload...)? For me this feature would be pretty important for quick finds. ^^" A Search Function would be also very useful. :)

milkshake said:
UPDATE:

made some changes to the code so it wasn't as complicated and this fixed a few issues I was having.

Last edited by a moderator:
milkshake said:
UPDATE:

fusion_power said:
How can I sort the Programms (by name, by date/upload...)? For me this feature would be pretty important for quick finds. ^^" A Search Function would be also very useful. :)

Yes this will be included of course.

@sebt3 - I agree.

UPDATE:

to all those people testing my webpage.

• I have removed the manual validation as this was totally redundant.
  • have removed/commented out the console.log so it shouldnt prevent it from working correctly in firefox 3.6.13
  • @urjman ur gmail account should work, the console.log was preventing the script from running.
  • have added a nice php driven table off applications - 10 apps per page (pagination).
  • when you have created and activated your account u can now log in successfully and it shows ur username. (stores this in a php session untill u log/time out).
  • I have deleted all accounts again so you can sign-up again.

UPDATE:

• added 3 top 10 lists to homepage (most d/l, latest apps, top rated).
  • added ability to rate an application (as long as your logged in).
  • re-themes details page.

those who are testing my site, please test the latest additions and give feedback thanks :).

took ages but so far I'm really impressed with the way its looking.

UPDATE:

• when logged in and you download a pnd, is records the file you have downloaded (everntually will tell you when an update is available too).
    • this list of apps is visiable from a new user controll panel :p

not much but it took all night.

could a mod please rename this topic thanks.

pandora repo/website/native app-manager development.

or somthing along those lines :)

UPDATE:
  • the download list in the controll panal now informs you if there are any updates for your apps, and puts them at the top of your download list :)
  • added smaller rating stars to the "top lists" so you can see the ratings off apps without having to click on it.

lots more updates to come.

if there are any suggestions you have said that I have not yet implemented don't worry Ill get to it, im writing a list of things to do :)

torpor said:
Can you please repost the URL for those of us having difficulty finding it in this thread .. :)
This would be very useful, Link in the first post and it should be good. :)
Last link I#ve spotted here to test is not working anymore, so milkshake please make the newest Links to your Project visible.

Hi fusion power, the main site (on which I keep posting updates) is not yet ready for public testing if you wish I could pm you a link to test it for me as long as I can get some feedback I dont mind.
let me know.

milkshake said:
Hi fusion power, the main site (on which I keep posting updates) is not yet ready for public testing if you wish I could pm you a link to test it for me as long as I can get some feedback I dont mind.
let me know.
Ah ok. :)
No, I don't have my Pandora yet so I can't do much. But I like the Idea of having an up-to date Download Site for all of the Pandora Apps. I like EDs File Archive but it is pretty big and not very good when it comes to overview stuff.
Craigs App-Store is great to use onto the Pandora (I guess) but AFAIk it is lacking of updates and it doesn't have all apps there.
And I like to have Infos of each app before I download it, so your Site comes in handy I think. :) I really hope that more coders make usage of the PXML specs so that the PND contains all the correct infos and Stuff like readme, cathegory, screenshot... I know that "Homebrew" and "Standards" are not friends but it would be much better if we would have more "clean" PND files to read out all of the important things.

I couldnt agree more, also you dont need a pandora to test my site, the "end goal" is for a native app-manager to connect to my website collect a json array of the apps so you can download direct through the native app manager

However for all the devs that want to upload a pnd and for those that like to access on a normal desktop then transfer manually my site has a frontend just for this.

UPDATE:

• added the ability to make comments about an app (if logged in).
  • comments viewable even if not logged in.

UPDATE:

• fixed the back buttons now function correctly.
  • added pagnation to comments so the comments page doesnt get over crowded

sorry for lack of updates have been busy with rl recently.

Back