Pandora's Emulators - What Will Work And What Won't

PPD-X said:
Unless ps1 emu is better on the pandora than other systems i may not get one. It looks like I (and others) keep getting more reasons to not buy the over priced pandora.
Well the dual analogue controllers, extra buttons and with faster clock speed all mean PSX emulation on Pandora should be *significantly* better than WIZ or other competing platforms.

And considering the Pandy packs in a qwerty keyboard (excellent for Amiga, C64, Dosbox etc), full USB host, Bluetooth, WiFi and dual SDHC slots it could hardly be considered over priced!

Maybe 'out of the budget range of the casual gamer' but not over priced considering the features of the device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
PPD-X said:
Unless ps1 emu is better on the pandora than other systems i may not get one. It looks like I (and others) keep getting more reasons to not buy the over priced pandora.
Well the dual analogue controllers, extra buttons and with faster clock speed all mean PSX emulation on Pandora should be *significantly* better than WIZ or other competing platforms.

And considering the Pandy packs in a qwerty keyboard (excellent for Amiga, C64, Dosbox etc), full USB host, Bluetooth, WiFi and dual SDHC slots it could hardly be considered over priced!

Maybe 'out of the budget range of the casual gamer' but not over priced considering the features of the device.

Handhelds are ment (or should be) cheaper than a new pc. Now if Pandora had either Windows xp or Mac os X i would not dont be forming a cons and pros list. I'm deciding between a new pc (my friend as a degree in computer and all i have to do is get a kit or parts and he'll put it together for me) or the pandora.

PPD-X said:
Handhelds are ment (or should be) cheaper than a new pc. Now if Pandora had either Windows xp or Mac os X i would not dont be forming a cons and pros list. I'm deciding between a new pc (my friend as a degree in computer and all i have to do is get a kit or parts and he'll put it together for me) or the pandora.
Compare it to other handheld PCs and the Pandora is incredibly inexpensive. Your lack of understanding is disheartening, but it is also completely off topic. If you must continue this conversation, do so in one of the umpteen other "Pandora or XXX?" threads.

jakshep2 said:
I am so glad that a GBC emu will probably be made for pando. I love pokémon blue :)
same here, i cant wait to play it on the move.

Much less likely, but if we can nail DS emulation i could manage D/P emulation too.

PPD-X said:
And a sega-cd (mega drive cd in other parts of the world) emu would be nice too.
No worries - that was already shown on video in July, so that's pretty much a given. ;)

(By the way, outside of the US, it was called the Mega CD, not the "Mega Drive CD", just for future reference. ;))

PPD-X said:
Pleng said:
PPD-X said:

why would you want them to put a pricey os on the system so they can charge/ par up to the costs? install the os your self, if it was supported. The company who would put the OS on the system actually has to PAY for it.

PPD-X said:
Pleng said:
PPD-X said:

This is why, if you have a software engineering, computer science, IT governance, whatever degree... Tell everyone that you're an accountant or a Electanical Engineer or something no-one cares about.

icurafu said:
This is why, if you have a software engineering, computer science, IT governance, whatever degree... Tell everyone that you're an accountant or a Electanical Engineer or something no-one cares about.
Yeah, I'm a software engineer so everyone wants me to look at their PC / setup their broadband / programme tv channels on their VCR(!) / build a cheap PC from parts - of course I can do it, but why would I want to :)

It would be nice if we could get a 'demonstrated' list going to show all the emulators that have been demonstrated on video working (that is, before the pandora archive goes live and they become downloadable).

For now, I know the list to be:
Amiga
Genesis/Megadrive
SNES
PSX
etc.

Anybody else care to see that?

PPD-X said:

Wow, you need a "degree in computer" to build a pc now? :blink: :lol:

As to the price of Pandora, if you want it's features it's good value and incomparable. If you don't want it's features then you are paying for something unnecessarily and would be best getting something else that better meets your needs. I'm definitely in the queue though.

anexanhume said:
It would be nice if we could get a 'demonstrated' list going to show all the emulators that have been demonstrated on video working (that is, before the pandora archive goes live and they become downloadable).
Good idea - perhaps Prophet could highlight on this thread rather than start a new one.

What do you reckon, Prophet?

TaG said:
anexanhume said:
Good idea - perhaps Prophet could highlight on this thread rather than start a new one.

What do you reckon, Prophet?
Exactly what I was thinking, especially if it was linkified. that would make it so much easier to point new or unknowledgeable people to the evidence :D

@anexanhume and TaG - Doesn't Chip's list-of-official-updates thread sort of provide that? :)

Prometheus said:
@anexanhume and TaG - Doesn't Chip's list-of-official-updates thread sort of provide that? :)
Sure, but aren't people going to look here first for emulator info? Moreover, wouldn't "official updates" kind of exclude emulation, at least in the neophyte's eyes. I think such a list would be beneficial, as redundant information never hurts in this case.

anexanhume said:
Prometheus said:
Sure, but aren't people going to look here first for emulator info? Moreover, wouldn't "official updates" kind of exclude emulation, at least in the neophyte's eyes. I think such a list would be beneficial, as redundant information never hurts in this case.

Well, there's a wiki that's just dying for some content. Go ahead and make a list.

Pickle said:
dosbox is one "linking" away from being runable on the pandora :D
Exciting! Any chance of getting a video in the near future?

jakshep2 said:
ffs, I can't beleive zod backed out. oh well...
Where is this info? In post form, or someone just got it word of mouth?

Maybe strmnnrmn will pop out of nowhere and announce he's working on daedalus for pandora. We can hope, eh?

Back