Pandora's Emulators - What Will Work And What Won't

Why is the NDS in the probobly not going to work category? The Pandora's cortex easily beats that crappy ARM9 the ds has.

dude.... ive been building computers since i was 11... its not a big deal. I want to work on the microprocessing research when im older though.

Tozarian said:
Why is the NDS in the probobly not going to work category? The Pandora's cortex easily beats that crappy ARM9 the ds has.

Because there's a lot more to it than that. Why do you think there is only one decent PC-based NDS emulator?

More info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
yoyofr doesn't answer anything for some months (year?).

This is the last time yoyo loged in his own forum : May 17, 2007, 11:49am
So this is espected that he don't answer mail :(

Tinnus said:
I talked with Metaview, but he seems to be more interested in PDAs and smartphones. Might want to bug him a bit again after it's out :)

Ah, I'm also in contact with another known developer from the PalmOS community, and he might jump on board as well in the future ;)

Vilmos is on board, so who's the palmos well known devel ? (any hint appreciated, I just dont see who, sorry)

Hi all,

I've been monitoring the list of emulators being worked on, and on a personal level, the one I would want the most is good 'ol Commodore 64. But looking at the list, it appears no-one is (yet) working on one.

Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

Great forum by the way, I've been reading with interest since day 1 ...!

Thanks in advance,
Dan

sorry in advance, looks like i posted this in the wrong section.

ho hum...

MARIOPARTY53 said:
how about a gp32 or gp2x emu? those would be nice!
why emulate an opensource machine ON an opensource machine? that just wouldn't make sense.

jakshep2 said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:
why emulate an opensource machine ON an opensource machine? that just wouldn't make sense.
Plus Pandora won't be able to emulate these machine : too much horse power needed.

Edit : typo

Quickie question: Do I need to do anything special to get large Neo Geo roms running. When I say large, I'm talking about Metal Slug 3, Samurai Shodown 5 Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, etc.

Same question applies to CPS 2 games like 19XX: The War Against Destiny, the Dungeons and Dragons games, and MVC.

One last question: Has CPS 3 emulation been implemented yet? I know, it's only a handful of games, and they are all fighters. But dudes, you're talking about Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. It is maybe the greatest 2D fighter ever made, in the definite top 3 list by far. Plus Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure and Warzard are great games too.

jakshep2 said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:

because of the commercial games on the gp2x?

if your looking to get a higher horsepowered game... porting is better if it has a source code... see how PS2 s are emulated poorly and only work on top of the line computers?

Crasherball said:
jakshep2 said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:

because of the commercial games on the gp2x?

There was ONLY 2 wasn't there!? I mean they could look at porting them to the Pandora instead of trying to emulate a whole system for it....depends how many sales they had on the GP2X versions to see if its worthwhile or Craig & Co pay them to port them across.

danjh0 said:
Hi all,
I've been monitoring the list of emulators being worked on, and on a personal level, the one I would want the most is good 'ol Commodore 64. But looking at the list, it appears no-one is (yet) working on one.
Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?
All thats needed is for someone to redo the Ryleh's minlib and they can be ported. If something ran on the Gp2x at some point some one will take the time to get on the pandora.

Back