PCSX reARMed r8

Yet to receive my unit but,

As PSX reARMed will likely be getting the most use on my Pandora (at least until Mupen64+ improves compatibility/speed) i was wondering if it currently has support for any graphic shaders or plugins similar to the ones that Epsxe uses, to smooth and/or improve aliasing, artifacts etc.. (some of the cartoon & storybook shaders would look lovely.. Final Fantasy IX.. yummy) if it doesn't, are there any plans to include anything like this in future builds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet to receive my unit but,

As PSX reARMed will likely be getting the most use on my Pandora (at least until Mupen64+ improves compatibility/speed) i was wondering if it currently has support for any graphic shaders or plugins similar to the ones that Epsxe uses, to smooth and/or improve aliasing, artifacts etc.. (some of the cartoon & storybook shaders would look lovely.. Final Fantasy IX.. yummy) if it doesn't, are there any plans to include anything like this in future builds?

there's a quazi good anti aliasing filter, works alright in getting rid of jaggies and doesn't seem to knock performance too much

Stuff on the edges could possibly be there on the console, only obscured by the TV's lack of overscan. A lot of NES games relied on this, for instance.

Just tried Symphony of Night and that runs fine, Rapid Reload works pretty well but occasionally the screen goes black for a split second, usually when there is a lot going on. Anyone had this on any other games?

If we're scrapping the idea of a compatability list for a list of games that operate irregularly then I want to submit my odd issue with Gamera 2000 (japanese). The game itself so far plays fine, but it's a game that has both Japanese and english audio options in the FMV scenes and when you view the cutscenes on this emulator you hear both audio tracks at the same time.

Also about the slight graphics glitch in the MGS and Einhander as well, When I first tried einhander I dont recall having that issue but now it's there. (I mean, unless I was playing it the other emu.)

Otherwise great work glad to see regular updates being made to this emulator, Now I've got to go back and try some of the games I have that I didn't think worked the first time!

Just tried Symphony of Night and that runs fine, Rapid Reload works pretty well but occasionally the screen goes black for a split second, usually when there is a lot going on. Anyone had this on any other games?

Yep. Seems to happen in tandem with a specific event (probably a certain enemy exploding).

Will do Prometheus.

@Longnosedgoblin On Rapid Reload/Gunner's Heaven: If you have frame skip on try turning it off. I noticed the black frames as well in the first level before the part where you go inside, I turned it off and they stopped happening for the rest of the level and boss battle.

The problem with that list is that people on other forums point to it and say 'look, the Pandora PSX emu is shit, it only runs this small number of games'.

It's bad publicity. GP32Spain are saying how the bloody Cannoo PSX emu runs more games and we know that isn't true.

It may well be better to just list games which don't work for that reason.

hmm.. will add some running games later. We didn't start the fire ^^

The problem with that list is that people on other forums point to it and say 'look, the Pandora PSX emu is shit, it only runs this small number of games'.

It's bad publicity. GP32Spain are saying how the bloody Cannoo PSX emu runs more games and we know that isn't true.

It may well be better to just list games which don't work for that reason.

Pandora isn't competing with Caanoo in any real capacity. Anyone who compares PCSX4All to PCSX-Rearmed like that is probably flaming.

Having a list of games that work is useful because people actually want to know if a game works - and if they can't get it working, if the problem is with them or their emulator. Assuming that a game that isn't listed works fine isn't very good, given that it could just mean it wasn't tested and actually doesn't work fine...

That's an older version, or at least it's listed as such.

Yep. Seems to happen in tandem with a specific event (probably a certain enemy exploding).

I have been playing Symphony of Night and it runs full-speed (60fps) most of the time but it definitely does slow down when there is a lot of action / visual effect. When dying the game also slow down significantly.

Overall it is perfectly playable. Great game :)

I have been playing Symphony of Night and it runs full-speed (60fps) most of the time but it definitely does slow down when there is a lot of action / visual effect. When dying the game also slow down significantly.

Overall it is perfectly playable. Great game :)

Not got that far into it to notice, just checking to see it worked. Will give it a good runt hrough when I get time.

Also thanks alpha 2 will try the frameskip setting.

Back