Picodrive 1.14

music dosnt work for me period (940 keeps crashing)

(And HotA dosnt work either)

DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 01:45 AM said:
On thing I noticed is that the music stops after awhile and doesn't loop. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it supposed to do that?
This was a problem with 1.10, I thought I fixed that in 1.14 (doesn't happen for me).

Goemon4 posted on Feb 19 2007 at 01:57 AM said:
Overclocking?

Yeah it is using memory mapping hardware which is not emulated yet (working on that now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Goemon4 posted on Feb 19 2007 at 10:57 AM said:

This happened to me too until I realised that I can't overclock nearly as high when the 940 is in use.

I can normally overclock to 262 MHz stable, but my 940 core cannot even overclock to 233 MHz.

Luckily it doesn't matter too much as this emu runs fast. :)

Notaz: Is FMV a long way off?

notaz posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:15 AM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 01:45 AM said:
On thing I noticed is that the music stops after awhile and doesn't loop. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it supposed to do that?
This was a problem with 1.10, I thought I fixed that in 1.14 (doesn't happen for me).

If I play Sonic and it takes longer for me to finish the level and the music track ends it will just be silent. It does start up again but it takes like 30 seconds or more before it does. If I pick up a power up that needs music it will play that and after that is done the background music will start right up. It is like it is "reminded" that it is supposed to be playing. Seems like a bug, I am using the latest 1.14 version.

notaz posted on Feb 19 2007 at 04:15 AM said:
Overclocking?

Yeah it is using memory mapping hardware which is not emulated yet (working on that now).

Yes i am overclocking, ima try what imhotep said (to not overclock it as much) and awsome, cant wait till i can play HotA!

Yeah, i oveclocked it to 235mhz and it worked fine.....

DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 05:15 PM said:
If I play Sonic and it takes longer for me to finish the level and the music track ends it will just be silent. It does start up again but it takes like 30 seconds or more before it does. If I pick up a power up that needs music it will play that and after that is done the background music will start right up. It is like it is "reminded" that it is supposed to be playing. Seems like a bug, I am using the latest 1.14 version.
Sounds like a mp3 issue. Probably your mp3s have bad data in their first frames, and emulator can't figure out the true length of your mp3s (the only reliable way would be to scan the whole file which would take looong time). Try to reencode as 128kbps CBR files.
There was no way to for the game to know when the track ends in SegaCD, so it reads track times on startup and uses timers to figure when to send "play" command again.

notaz posted on Feb 19 2007 at 05:16 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 05:15 PM said:
Sounds like a mp3 issue. Probably your mp3s have bad data in their first frames, and emulator can't figure out the true length of your mp3s (the only reliable way would be to scan the whole file which would take looong time). Try to reencode as 128kbps CBR files.
There was no way to for the game to know when the track ends in SegaCD, so it reads track times on startup and uses timers to figure when to send "play" command again.

Makes sense.

Now to try to figure out how to re-encode as a "128k CBR" file. Thanks for the great work.

DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:59 PM said:
Now to try to figure out how to re-encode as a "128k CBR" file. Thanks for the great work.
dBpoweramp has always worked well for me in the past. I'm pretty sure it is full-featured for free for at least a 30 day trial, I'm sure you'll be able to take care of any reencoding during that time period. :)

DaveC posted on Feb 20 2007 at 01:29 PM said:

use lame. it comes with a bash script (or windows batch file) to re-encode multiple mp3s at once.

hey schoolboy, what's "HotA"?

I mean... I do recall a game house of something-something-something, but I don't recall the "A" thing... is it that game of the old, creepy house? (and wasn't it full of fmvs?)

Lint posted on Feb 20 2007 at 11:42 AM said:
hey schoolboy at what's "HotA"?

I mean... I do recall a game house of something-something-something, but I don't recall the "A" thing... is it that game of the old, creepy house? (and wasn't it full of fmvs?)

Heart of the Alien (not House of the Dead, that's a zombie shooter for Sega Saturn)

Wikipedia.

Regards,
Stephan

that's not a shooter the game I'm thinking about

It was a creepy-mansion style, which had a lot of cut-scenes here and there and definitely it's *NOT* house of the dead :p
You don't have to shoot anything, for sure..

Mansion of the hidden souls

that's the name of the game :)

oh, and sorry for the last post, just right about now I've saw that you're not telling me to go for hotd..... (vertical-dynamic-reading problems)

great stuff got a few games going f1 circus wonder dog...i had a mega cd year s back and wonderd if games like battlecorps thunderhawk and f1 championship will ever be able to work ,,and thanks again

Back