Playstation Emulation

craigix said:
No one can use the case as the membrane part for the keyboard and controls is not ready yet.

So basically the controls don't work, you have to manually push each contact with a carbon pad at the moment!

Soon though... soon.
Patience = Perfection I don't want to eat the cookies before they are done baking

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the emulation of psx root counters working tons better, so games like Ridge Racer Revolution run a lot better on the Pandora. I've been fixing things up all over the place. :p

One thing that was mentioned a LONG time ago (in the second Pandora thread, the one that still exists stickied used to be stickied at the top of this forum) was the possibility of using the space on either side of the rendered game (as there are 80px extra on each side due to the different aspect ratios) for touch-screen hotkeys for things such as save states, pausing the emulator, restarting the emulator, etc.

good news zod love your work with iPod touch\iphone so I know you will do great with this. Can't wait to see videos with sound :)

Vorporeal said:
One thing that was mentioned a LONG time ago (in the second Pandora thread, the one that still exists stickied used to be stickied at the top of this forum) was the possibility of using the space on either side of the rendered game (as there are 80px extra on each side due to the different aspect ratios) for touch-screen hotkeys for things such as save states, pausing the emulator, restarting the emulator, etc.
Didn't Tinnus's preview images of Ridge Racer show the whole screen being used though? There was some scaling/stretching at the edges I think. If not, I like your idea. Some emus on the DS do this on the lower screen, it's nice.

Vorporeal said:
that would be good. and if you are going to do it, please make the side functions hideable(is that a word) and with a way to stretch the window. thx

zodttd said:
I got the emulation of psx root counters working tons better, so games like Ridge Racer Revolution run a lot better on the Pandora. I've been fixing things up all over the place. :p
W00t! I'm really glad to hear you're focusing on squashing bugs and (as mentioned earlier) improving compatibility with psx4pandora. Keep up the good work zod and Tinnus!

Zoppe said:
Vorporeal said:
that would be good. and if you are going to do it, please make the side functions hideable(is that a word) and with a way to stretch the window. thx

I also like this idea, I hate things been streched. Maybe have touch screen controls with main menu of the emu also :).

Oh Squidge with the Snes emulator, do you know what's wrong with the sound on Weapon load? This is one of my fav fighting games on the snes and sound is weird on all PC emualtors atm.

If the main menu was to be touch-screen accessible, it would have to be designed in a way so that one could also navigate through it using the game controls, as there are people who wouldn't want to be forced to use the touch screen. (I'm not worried about that though.)

And there's no reason to :)
ZodTTD and Tinnus have both done pretty awesome work in the Zodiac scene, so they should know how to deal with touchscreens :D

Nilsiboy said:
And there's no reason to :)
ZodTTD and Tinnus have both done pretty awesome work in the Zodiac scene, so they should know how to deal with touchscreens :D
Yeah they sure do.

I agree with you to Vorporeal, no one should be forced, maybe have a option for it touchpad or dpad. It would be nice to have most emulators on the Pandora make use of this functionality.

Zodttd, you found a good camera yet mate?

I'm looking forward to more psx videos :)

Heh, I'm researching different video cams in the $300 - $500 USD range.

As for the screen having extra space for touch controls, it probably wont go that route at first. But it will be an option left open. It also will depend on some performance factors and whether OpenGL prefers to be fullscreen or not.

I can suggest pretty good camera for such (web,youtube) usage. Samsung mx10. It's flash based compact camcorder - 4Gb built-in flash (~ 2hr for best quality) + SDHC. 720x576 (DV widescreen - picsel aspect 1.48) is pretty good. Plus 34x zoom for fun usage xD.

Price is around 200-300$.

Youtube sample video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfdkv41GZIg

If you're interested - I can film something without compression to show off quality (wich is not so good - but for such a price... it's really good)

I know it's a big ask so early in the project but is Future Cop: LAPD working I know the PC based emus had issues with it.

OMG! THE EMU SHOWS THE ORIGINAL BIOS :D I REMEMBER THE OLD 'SCEE' SOUNDS LOL!!!

:pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

liquidphantom said:
I know it's a big ask so early in the project but is Future Cop: LAPD working I know the PC based emus had issues with it.
I believe the game came out for the PC. If you are having trouble running it through the pc emu, try finding an old copy online.

I remember playing it quite a bit, because it had split screen coop, and we didn't have the internet back then.

Gaidin said:
liquidphantom said:
I believe the game came out for the PC. If you are having trouble running it through the pc emu, try finding an old copy online.

I remember playing it quite a bit, because it had split screen coop, and we didn't have the internet back then.

Ah but I wouldn't be able to play it on the train then with every one looking over my sholder in awe :D

For the PS1 compression, would it be possible to use something like the .CDZ. Compression that PSX 1.3 for Windows uses?

With this, some of my PS1 games are compressed from 700MB to 300MB or less with no decompression times when I run the game.

Back